DRAMA...Can't stand it!!!

WES143

Tell me about im as sick and tired as you are:mad: it gets really annoying after a while. Probably about 3 family members called me and my bf yesterday to tell us "did u see the news about the carnival ship" yes we saw the news. And yes im still going on my breeze cruise dont care what no one says. I love cruising and I wont stop.

Do i think carnival needs to step it up now more than ever? YES! but that does not mean I want to hear people and news rambling on about the same thing all day lol:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise on the breeze OP just like i will enjoy mine!:)

I had to change my FB status yesterday to "Thanks for your concern but yes I am still going on my cruise."

Yep. My mom (loyal HAL cruiser) says to me this morning, "you're not going to be on those ships are you?" My response was no, but I wouldn't hesitate to go on any of them. My thought is this, I'm not going to jump ship because of what could be a run of bad luck. I'm a professional truck driver. I am meticulous about the maintenance on my truck. Regardless of how well I maintain it, it will still breakdown from time to time. I had a transmission issue one week. The next week I had a tire failure. The next week I had a bearing on a pulley go bad and throw shrapnel through my radiator. All of these issues couldn't have been prevented by maintenance. It was a run of bad luck. If the issues with Carnival continue, or investigations reveal issues with maintenance than I'll re-evaluate my position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly drama queens are going to be drama queens, as I am sure her other posts will verify. But, really, ships have issues all the time, all of them, not just Carnivals, they miss ports or leave late or arrive late due to thrusters, main propulsion, heck even wind, the real truth of it all is, without the Triumph incident, the Dream and Legend things don't even make the news. Working in public service for 20 years now I can tell you for certain that it only takes one unreasonable moron to start a panic, many many people ( or sheeple as I call them ) will follow right along because it's the "popular" thing to do.

I don't care which multi-billion dollar corporation you side with, they all have issues from time to time. Just look at all the people whos FIRST post is bashing Carnival over this, Hell, I've seen a couple of posts with NO CRUISES EVER bashing away.

I mean really, folks, let's just calm down and be reasonable, but then again if most people were capable of that there would be a lot fewer people doing what I do :eek::eek:

Relax, have fun, Live and let live, and for the love of all that is holy, let us get back to asking/answering questions, reviewing cruises and such on this board, if you hate it that much, log off and go take a nap!

I would also not risk it... All those fatalities on the Dream right now... Truly unsafe situation.

I am on the Dream in August should be the safest ship on the water by then just hope the smell from all the dead bodies is gone:rolleyes:

i organized a group to sail on the valor in august. I've only had two "concerns" . . . One is a friend and the other is my husband. I explained to the friend, i would understand if you cancelled. I also explained that we are sailing the southern caribbean so if anything did happen, its not like we would be stuck in the middle of the ocean. I told the husband, if he cancelled, i'd take my boyfriend.:rolleyes:

He's now rethinking his cancellation. ;)

love this!!!!!!:d:d:d

Sorry in advance, but I have to chime in with my two cents worth :rolleyes:

Your friend is an idiot.

The Breeze is the newest ship in the fleet... only been in service for a year or so. You couldn't pick a better ship to sail on.

You will have the final revenge by posting on Facebook what a GREAT time you had.

First...I don't agree with "newness" as a reason not to be concerned. Ask the passengers on the Titanic how safe "new" ships can be.

OP:

I agree that your friend is being ridiculous carrying on like a child on Facebook. Sometimes the best way to get the message across to people like this is to "play at their own game". Here is what you do:

Find a news story about a bad car accident.

Send it to her.

Ask her how she could possibly drive her car after reading that.

Repeat the above each and every time you find such an article...over, and over, and over again...until she gets the message.

BTW...Enjoy your cruise! :D

My co-worker did the same thing at work. She was interested on a cruise when we got back from our Magic cruise in January. Now she was all saying how she would never risk that with her family. I kind of took it a little personal, cause I will still go on them. But I was a little annoyed. Now I think the media is blowing out of proportion. Now carnival is giving refunds for missing ports? Ehhh sounds like nit picking on things now.

Now a HS classmate was supposed to be on the Breeze next weekend with me along with her kids. Since yesterday she has been ranting and raving on Facebook about Carnival. This am she's at it again about how she will just take a loss and how she's not about to risk her family's lives taking a Carnival cruise. I mean that's her perogative but does she have to go on and on about it??? I'm not defending Carnival at all but I do think that they are gonna have no choice but to get their junk together after the past months events. I'm just tired of hearing it.

I'm giving it God and I'm going on my cruise.

And she is not a CC member? Tell her to come on over and join, she will fit in perfectly here.

[quote name='NCbmwmom']My dd was watching GMA this morning and saw the story. Her eyes got big (she's 11 btw) and said maybe we should just go to Disney. :p I told her no worries. Our cruise will be awesome no matter what.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. My 11 year old niece isn't wanting to go on the Christmas cruise we're planning for 2014 because they learned about the Titanic in school. She still insists we may hit an iceberg in the Caribbean because it will be winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After taking a break from cruising and doing land vacations in Europe and most recent, 10 days in Hawaii I am back to cruising. I booked Carnival as an early gift for my son. I thought he would enjoy the Carnival Magic even though he loved his last Princess cruise. I have done land vacations in the Caribbean (Jamaica) and all over Mexico so the ports weren't a big deal. If it so happens that things don't go as plan, I am going to take a deep breath, smile, and think Thy Will Has Been Done. I am not staying home.

To my beloved friends, please stop calling me and asking me if I heard what happened. I do watch the news and have FB:-). The rest of you please wish us well!

[quote name='airmj2123']I would also not risk it... All those fatalities on the Dream right now... Truly unsafe situation.[/QUOTE]

Fatalities??

Nobody was hurt on the Dream, Triumph or Legend. So there has been no fatalities.

[quote name='carolinaviking71208']That's funny. My 11 year old niece isn't wanting to go on the Christmas cruise we're planning for 2014 because they learned about the Titanic in school. She still insists we may hit an iceberg in the Caribbean because it will be winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The very first cruise we went on, we left the kiddos at home. Oldest dd was maybe 9-10 at the time. They had picked that week to learn all about the Titanic at school. When we got home, her teacher said they had to stop talking about it until we got back,:p She was so worried about us sinking! Now cruising is her favorite thing to do. She's not worried either btw! Little is just Miss Gloom and Doom right now. Me thinks its the age. :D

[quote name='ymillo']Tell me about im as sick and tired as you are:mad: it gets really annoying after a while. Probably about 3 family members called me and my bf yesterday to tell us "did u see the news about the carnival ship" yes we saw the news. And yes im still going on my breeze cruise dont care what no one says. I love cruising and I wont stop.
Do i think carnival needs to step it up now more than ever? YES! but that does not mean I want to hear people and news rambling on about the same thing all day lol:rolleyes:
Enjoy your cruise on the breeze OP just like i will enjoy mine!:)[/quote]

I just laugh when they ask that and say how much DH and I wish we were on that ship enjoying extra time in St. Marteen, a cruise ship for full service hotel, a concert and discounts on that cruise and a future cruise....we're missing out :D;):p

[quote name='Warm Breezes']I just laugh when they ask that and say how much DH and I wish we were on that ship enjoying extra time in St. Marteen, a cruise ship for full service hotel, a concert and discounts on that cruise and a future cruise....we're missing out :D;):p[/quote]

Yep that does sound like a "Dream" to me. Pun intended.

Archived