carnival refunds

patty123

I love carnival but one thing I think is wrong is that some ship only get half there money back.If there is a problem with the ship and they still sailed to some ports they should get full refund.I went on Royal Caribbean left out of Baltimore 1 day late because of mechanical issues and sailed to Freeport and had to dock because it continued to have issues .I had a suite with 4 paying adults and got a full refund option was full refund or future cruise.Carnival needs to own up to there problems and understand people take a vacation to get away from problems and spend lots of money for cruising so they should offer something good so people will continue to cruise carnival again.

I love carnival but one thing I think is wrong is that some ship only get half there money back.If there is a problem with the ship and they still sailed to some ports they should get full refund.I went on Royal Caribbean left out of Baltimore 1 day late because of mechanical issues and sailed to Freeport and had to dock because it continued to have issues .I had a suite with 4 paying adults and got a full refund option was full refund or future cruise.Carnival needs to own up to there problems and understand people take a vacation to get away from problems and spend lots of money for cruising so they should offer something good so people will continue to cruise carnival again.

How many times are you going to post this?

Essentially, you missed your whole cruise just about, so it seems right that you were refunded. The other ships made all of their ports except for Legend, who skipped 1 port. So the fact that they were given refunds for missed ports in addition to 50% off a next cruise is feasible to me. But that's just me.

EDIT: And it was nice on Carnival's part to give credit for ports that weren't missed on the Dream. They only missed sea days and had the opportunity to spend more time in St. Maarten and have free water taxi service to the other islands.

Edited by Leo's Rule

I agree. The problems Carnival is experiecing could happen with any cruise line. But I feel there is room for improvement of their part. I get ticked off when you voice your concerns or issues on this board and members want to rip you to pieces. Crusing is not free and people go on vacation to get away from it all. As well as to receive the stress of their normal daily routine. If I spending my hard earn money to patronize a business, I expect a certain level of quality and service. But most of all to be treated as a valued customer.

We were on the Liberty last November and missed St Thomas due to propulsion issues. We got a $50pp refund. Now I see the Legend guest get $100pp refund and 50% off a future cruise for missing one port. They should at least have some consistency in their refund policy. Sure would have been ice if they offered us that. St Thomas was the port we most looked forward to.

Merged threads always read so confusing... lol

It was recently merged. When the person who asked how many times she was going to post the statement, only one was showing in this thread. But yeah, I was a bit confused once I saw they were merged.

We were on the Liberty last November and missed St Thomas due to propulsion issues. We got a $50pp refund. Now I see the Legend guest get $100pp refund and 50% off a future cruise for missing one port. They should at least have some consistency in their refund policy. Sure would have been ice if they offered us that. St Thomas was the port we most looked forward to.

I know some people who were on board Triumph; Carnival should refund me something too or give me a percent off a future sailing because I know them. Like you we missed a port; in fact we've missed more than one. We spent all night tied up in port on Dream one time too.

With all the crap I've been thru do you know what I think I deserve? A cruise paid for by me and all costs associated with it paid for by me. I'm sure I'll get what I deserve. :cool:

Gimme gimme gimme..............

Just be happy that you didn't sail on the Destiny a few years ago when it broke down just north of Cuba - no ports made at all. It was just a slow limp back up to Nassau for an overnight (to 'fix' her) followed by a slow limp back to Miami. It was this very cruise that finally forced ccl's hand and forced them to dry dock her to try and fix her up once and for all;)

We basically got our port fees returned - nothing else. Thank your lucky stars if you received some sort of extra compensation.

I know some people who were on board Triumph; Carnival should refund me something too or give me a percent off a future sailing because I know them. Like you we missed a port; in fact we've missed more than one. We spent all night tied up in port on Dream one time too.

With all the crap I've been thru do you know what I think I deserve? A cruise paid for by me and all costs associated with it paid for by me. I'm sure I'll get what I deserve. :cool:

Gimme gimme gimme..............

I knew it wouldn't be long before one of you Carnival Cheerleaders came to flame me. If you had proper reading comprehension you'd have seen that I said they should have consistency in their refund policies. I also said it would have been nice if my sailing was offered the same. I never said anything close to what you are ranting about. You crack me up!

Royal has been known to dump people off with no compensation.

For Triumph, people got a free cruise AND a future free cruise AND $500 AND transportation. Time for Royal to step up.

Royal is already a step up FYI.

Obviously Carnival has set the bar, LOL

Edited by SeaUs

Actually there is consistency in Carnival's refund policy.

Prior to last month, none of their ship problems made the news. Passengers like yourself got a very small refund.

Fast forward to last month and all the news coverage since and passengers are awarded refunds and perks that are over the top.

Fast forward to a future point when this all dies down in the media and Carnival will go back to the small refunds consistently.

I knew it wouldn't be long before one of you Carnival Cheerleaders came to flame me. If you had proper reading comprehension you'd have seen that I said they should have consistency in their refund policies. I also said it would have been nice if my sailing was offered the same. I never said anything close to what you are ranting about. You crack me up!

Jeerleader,

My pom poms make a sound that is pleasing to my ears. It's a gentle rustling sound that drowns out unpleasant noises. Noises like babies crying and adults whining.

Perhaps your keen comprehension accurately picks up on the contempt I feel for those of the ilk of 'I want it because they got it' crowd.

What you stated was;

Translated into straight forward easy to comprehend English you stated;

We had problems and didn't get as much as they are. We missed OUR most favorite port.

Carnival is being consistent in regards to recent events and that's all that most people will look for in terms of what or how much to expect. People who look back to last November will say they feel slighted. Personally I think they gave too much to the Dream cruisers, but that's just my opinion.

I am a Carnival cheerleader? I point out the good and bad, but one thing I'll never be is a 'Jeerleader.' You choose to label me as a cheerleader and I'll return the favor and call you a jeerleader. Wouldn't want you to feel left out. :)

Actually no, Carnival isn't the least bit consistent with any of their customer service issues. Shore side if you don't like the answer you get just hang up and call again. You'll get someone who will do what you want.

As for ship issues, act of god or mechanical, it depends on who you're sailing with.

We sailed once during a Tropical Storm, missed a port and got nothing. Another ship sailed in the same storm, missed a port and they got $50 OBC and 25% off of their next cruise.

Consistency would be nice.

Prior to last month, none of their ship problems made the news. Passengers like yourself got a very small refund.

Snowmeo,

You hit the nail on the head. Missed port refunds used to be $25 along with a letter explaining that the $25 was a gift and not something we were entitled to. I didn't mind the token $25 'gift,' but the letter was a bit too much.

Snowmeo,

You hit the nail on the head. Missed port refunds used to be $25 along with a letter explaining that the $25 was a gift and not something we were entitled to. I didn't mind the token $25 'gift,' but the letter was a bit too much.

And the Legend misses one port and everyone is offered 50% off their next cruise. Go figure.

Yesterday everyone was coming out of the woodwork looking for compensation on their missed ports.

Royal has been known to dump people off with no compensation.

For Triumph, people got a free cruise AND a future free cruise AND $500 AND transportation. Time for Royal to step up.

Lets not get into your I hate RCL mode. You know it was one time and they eventually ponied up. One time is not a trend until its repeated.

As far as Triumph .. it was the media pushing them. I was on the Conquest during Ike and late getting into New Orleans and we got zero because port substitutions get zero.. and so leaving from Galveston and having to get off in New Orleans and go thru Customs netted us zero. Carnival in the past has been very stingy. This time they did it because of the negative publicity. Lets be honest.

There is no way they would have offered so much if not for the coverage by the media.

Actually there is consistency in Carnival's refund policy.

Fast forward to last month and all the news coverage since and passengers are awarded refunds and perks that are over the top.

Fast forward to a future point when this all dies down in the media and Carnival will go back to the small refunds consistently.

This! Hands down! Missing a port has rarely resulted in any cruise line giving refunds. The contract states that the ports are not guaranteed. Carnival is in the spot light right now and by giving something to the inconvenienced passengers, they are trying to lessen the negative publicity.

Sent from my iPhone 6.

Snowmeo,

The $25 per person per port went away years ago. Now its the tax on the port fees, about $10 per person. (Its in the FAQs if you want to check me on this).

The $25 was in the FAQs so since it was policy, I dont think I would consider it a gift.

On the other hand people who dont read the terms and conditions and expect more than the tax on the port charges back for missing a port are also in the wrong. They should read the terms they are clicking to accept and not whine.

Jeerleader,

My pom poms make a sound that is pleasing to my ears. It's a gentle rustling sound that drowns out unpleasant noises. Noises like babies crying and adults whining.

Perhaps your keen comprehension accurately picks up on the contempt I feel for those of the ilk of 'I want it because they got it' crowd.

What you stated was;

Translated into straight forward easy to comprehend English you stated;

Carnival is being consistent in regards to recent events and that's all that most people will look for in terms of what or how much to expect. People who look back to last November will say they feel slighted. Personally I think they gave too much to the Dream cruisers, but that's just my opinion.

I am a Carnival cheerleader? I point out the good and bad, but one thing I'll never be is a 'Jeerleader.' You choose to label me as a cheerleader and I'll return the favor and call you a jeerleader. Wouldn't want you to feel left out. :)

Again, you lack the ability to comprehend or you just like to misconstrue what others say so you can attack them. Either way, Have fun with those Pom Poms that you seem so fond of.