Grandeur Deck 8

Just stayed in cabin 8030 on the Vision (same layout as Grandeur). Absolutely no problem with noise! Nice, quiet cabin.

We are booked on the Grandeur in cabins 8040 and 8074 on cruises later this year. It should be nice and quiet under the spa.

The GOTS is currenty sailing out of Colon, Panama with mostly Latin American passemgers. It will move to San Juan and then on to Baltimore for the forseeable future to replace the Enchantment. We will be on the repo cruise from San Juan to Baltimore.

Our roll call has stalked all of the GOTS roll call for the Colon cruises. All of the reports in the last few months have been good. They have not had a smell/sewage issue.

We have our fingers crossed. Our cruise is in 5+ weeks. You will find several reviews after that cruise. We have had such a hard time getting info we plan to write member reviews.

I will be in a JS on deck 8. but, not the cabin number you list.

The GOTS is currenty sailing out of Colon, Panama with mostly Latin American passemgers. It will move to San Juan and then on to Baltimore for the forseeable future to replace the Enchantment. We will be on the repo cruise from San Juan to Baltimore.

Our roll call has stalked all of the GOTS roll call for the Colon cruises. All of the reports in the last few months have been good. They have not had a smell/sewage issue.

We have our fingers crossed. Our cruise is in 5+ weeks. You will find several reviews after that cruise. We have had such a hard time getting info we plan to write member reviews.

Looking forward to the reviews! We have 8014 & 8016 booked this fall.

We will be in 8052. Anywhere close?? Please keep me updated..

No noise issues but this ship is notorious for plumbing problems. We had thick brown water (feces) backing up into our bathtub during our cruise.

I wouldn;t use the word "notorius". You had a problem, but it does't seem like many people have reported the same problem.

We have sailed on the GOTS 3 times including a 13 night repo and have never experienced any plumbing issues. Everything worked fine for us.

Thank you! Am very interested in the reviews as with it docking in Baltimore it would only be a 3 hour drive for us... Have a great cruise

We will be in 8052. Anywhere close?? Please keep me updated..

Yes--very close. I will see if I can get a pic of your JS.

This is a link to a review done by Max'sMom when the Grandeur was in Europe this summer. This page has some pics of a JS. It looks pretty good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1682043&highlight=suite&page=2

Yes--very close. I will see if I can get a pic of your JS.

This is a link to a review done by Max'sMom when the Grandeur was in Europe this summer. This page has some pics of a JS. It looks pretty good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1682043&highlight=suite&page=2

AWESOME, thanks SO much!!

I have stayed in JS 8068..no noise from the pooldeck at all..we did experience the "sewer" smell in different areas of the ship BUT no problems with the plumbing in our cabin..did hear of others that did however....have been on that ship in 2006 2007 & 2008

in my experience anytime there was plumbing "issues" on the ships it was mostly due to SOMEone flushing items they shouldnt have been flushing..ALWAYS a No No on a ship !:eek:

We were in Aft Suite 8588 same cruise as MaxsMom. We had horrible sewery smell in bathroom and also wouldn't flush at times.

Biggest complaint soot all over balcony was horrendous every day 2/3 times they would send someone to clean it so couldn't use balcony a whole lot

We were in 8558 on Grandeur and it was very great. The balcony was huge because we were right under the hump. Unfortunately, since the hump in the Solarium made room for a table and 4 chairs, whenever people go to the Solarium and scoot their chairs, it made a ton of noise in our room.

Archived