Just off Marina

no fuss travel

It is no optical illusion, staterooms on Riviera are much larger than comparable staterooms on the R ships.

I just checked Ocean View cabins, but here is the result:

Riviera--242 sq ft

Nautica--165 sq feet

We're looking forward to our sailing on Riviera in March, eager to compare it to our two previous sailings on Marina.

Ricki

It is no optical illusion, staterooms on Riviera are much larger than comparable staterooms on the R ships.

Riviera--242 sq ft

Nautica--165 sq feet

We're looking forward to our sailing on Riviera in March, eager to compare it to our two previous sailings on Marina.

Ricki

IMO, it IS mostly an optical illusion (speaking of veranda cabins).

Don't forget that the Riviera has a much larger bathroom (with a TUB) and that larger bathroom "eats up" most (if not all) of the difference in the square footage. I am yet to see a true measurement or sq. ft. of the ROOM ONLY on those 2 ships.

I know for a fact that the Riviera veranda room has less usable storage space that those on R ships (but much more BR space)

Perhaps you can take a tape measure with you (ala meow :D) and get the measurements for the cabin only (without the bathroom and balcony) and someone else can do the same for the R ship veranda cabin.

IMO, it IS mostly an optical illusion (speaking of veranda cabins).

Don't forget that the Riviera has a much larger bathroom (with a TUB) and that larger bathroom "eats up" most (if not all) of the difference in the square footage. I am yet to see a true measurement or sq. ft. of the ROOM ONLY on those 2 ships.

I know for a fact that the Riviera veranda room has less usable storage space that those on R ships (but much more BR space)

Perhaps you can take a tape measure with you (ala meow :D) and get the measurements for the cabin only (without the bathroom and balcony) and someone else can do the same for the R ship veranda cabin.

I'm happy to do that!

Ricki

I'm happy to do that!

Ricki

Thank you.

Now we need a comparable measurement for the R ship veranda room. :D

Any volunteers out there? (We are not scheduled for a cruise on an R ship anytime soon)

Edited by Paulchili

Thank you.

Now we need a comparable measurement for the R ship veranda room.

Any volunteers out there? :D

I was on Regatta in 2012, but did not have a tape measure. I just thought the room would be smaller since the ship is smaller.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Regatta in 2012, but did not have a tape measure. I just thought the room would be smaller since the ship is smaller.

James

It does not necessarily follow.

I am specifically talking about the differences between the VERANDA cabins on the 2 ships. I know that the PHs are larger on the O ships vs R ships as are the larger suites (though I have not stayed in any of the larger suites)

It does not necessarily follow.

I am specifically talking about the differences between the VERANDA cabins on the 2 ships. I know that the PHs are larger on the O ships vs R ships as are the larger suites (though I have not stayed in any of the larger suites)

I was in a Veranda cabin on both ships. Both on Deck 7, if I remember correctly.

James

Just my observations as I forgot the tape measure :D

The cabins on the O class ships are slightly larger in spite of the tub ..

the sofa is larger & there is more room at the end of the bed to pass

The coffee table is larger & does make that space a bit congested

The storage space I do think is smaller than the R-ships though

JMO

Lyn

Just my observations as I forgot the tape measure :D

The cabins on the O class ships are slightly larger in spite of the tub ..

the sofa is larger & there is more room at the end of the bed to pass

The coffee table is larger & does make that space a bit congested

The storage space I do think is smaller than the R-ships though

JMO

Lyn

Lyn,

You may well be right. While the cabin might be slightly larger, it is not that much larger and certainly not all of the extra sq. footage is in the living area. Not to mention the poorly placed closet.

Edited by Paulchili

Lyn,

You may well be right. While the cabin might be slightly larger, it is not that much larger and certainly not all of the extra sq. footage is in the living area. Not to mention the poorly placed closet.

agree dislike that closet location

In any case, you can pass at the foot of the bed on Marina, and supposedly Riviera. On the R ships you cannot. When we returned to Regatta after Marina we were surprised how small it felt as the Marina had not felt that much larger.

Mo

agree dislike that closet location

+2. Much easier to stow stuff away and get out your clothes on the R ships. I really noticed the difference when we sailed on Riviera a year ago just four months after sailing on Azamara Quest.

Riviera--242 sq ft

Nautica--165 sq feet

Ricki

Hi Ricki, I recognize you from the Crystal boards and although off topic....how would you compare your experience on Marina to Serenity? Thanks!