Please tell me what you think about the Elation.

wework2play

Since our Triumph cruise has been cancelled, I've been trying to pick one out to replace it. The elation out of NOLA is definately the closest and cheapest. We sailed on the Ecstasy and were a little disappointed with it's age, and frankly got a little bored.

Someone who has sailed on the Elation, please give me your opinion about it! It's decision time!

I know you wanted opinions of those that have cruised on the Elation, and I have not. So please, if you want to just toss out what I say, feel free! ;)

Some friends of mine just got back, and they were a bit disappointed. It's an older ship that hasn't had "the" update yet. I was on the Fascination (first cruise), and while it definitely opened up my love to cruising, I am excited to compare that class to the Magic (probably a bit unfair). If I were YOU, I'd cruise the Magic or the Conquest. Since you were a bit bored on the Ecstasy, I'm thinking you might feel the same on the Elation.

But again...I've never been on her...

If you did not like the Ecstasy, you will probably not enjoy the Elation. I guess it all depends on what you expect. Been on the Elation twice, I enjoyed it because it reminded me of my first cruise on the Fantasy, before the waterworks.

Only complaint I can make is from our last cruise on Elation over the superbowl weekend, the lido bar waiters were a real pain, other then that, I liked the ship and our cruise.

Just got off the Elation on Monday. I to was a canceled Triumph. The ship is older and smaller. Not a alot to do. We really enjoyed the adult comedy shows. Food was good but no steak house. Small pool with 1 water slide. There is not big screen by the pool. It is good for a quick get away....very relaxing trip!

Thanks everyone, It looks like Im going to have to sleep on this decision another night. We are taking our kids ages 15, 12, and 4. If it were just us adults, we would be fine. It's the kids I'm more worried about.

After the Triumph got cancelled, the other cruises that fit our vaca time and budget are sold out.

I have been on the Ecstasy, Elation, and Triumph. My favorite is the triumph. The elation is old but it is still a nice ship. We never had a bad time on any of them. I am booked on elation may 18th for our 3rd time on that ship. I was never bored, it was always something to do.

We have also done the Elation, Ecstacy and Triumph.

If you were bored on the Ecstacy you will probably not like the Elation.

None of the ships have the speciailty resturaunts. Neither the Elation or the Ecstacy have the jumbo screen. The Elation does not have the water park that the Ecstacy has.

We love the Ecstacy as we have kids who like the water park and like the smaller ships but if you are looking for all the latest ammeneties you might want to keep looking.

Go. Save a good chunk of money and just go. I happen to love Elation but it's been a while for me. The decor is OTT and the service will probably be as harried as on any Carnival ship right now, but it's a cruise, it's ok, and the money saved will be nice. I'd do it but I have a soft spot for Elation.

I was on the Elation in January and I had a blast. I was a little worried after being on the Conquest but it was really nice. Not too big and not too small. Almost no lines anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also on this cruise and had a great time. Some people think big is better. I like the Fantasy class ships. I don't have small kids so no water park dosn't bother me

Elation is okay.

It is Fantasy class so it is going to be a cookie cutter copy of Ecstasy.

Elation is a pretty ship.

It is the prettiest of all the Carnival ships I have been on.

And it looks like a ship and not a tipped over apartment building.

We are booked on Elation for an upcoming cruise and it will be my fourth trip on Elation, so it can't be all that bad.:)

Truthfully, it is five nights.

The kids should be interested in exploring the ship for one day at least.

Two days are port days.

With kids club and other things it should be okay if your kids can entertain themselves at all.

Really wear them out on port days and bring some coloring books, books and games and then relax.

I guess it all depends on attitude.

On the bright side, Elation still has full breakfast and lunch in the dining room on sea days which is a definite plus to me.

Elation is okay.

It is Fantasy class so it is going to be a cookie cutter copy of Ecstasy.

Elation is a pretty ship.

It is the prettiest of all the Carnival ships I have been on.

And it looks like a ship and not a tipped over apartment building.

We are booked on Elation for an upcoming cruise and it will be my fourth trip on Elation, so it can't be all that bad.:)

Truthfully, it is five nights.

The kids should be interested in exploring the ship for one day at least.

Two days are port days.

With kids club and other things it should be okay if your kids can entertain themselves at all.

Really wear them out on port days and bring some coloring books, books and games and then relax.

I guess it all depends on attitude.

On the bright side, Elation still has full breakfast and lunch in the dining room on sea days which is a definite plus to me.

I have to agree with the above. As I said before we just got off the Elation on Monday and it was a great vacation. We had a group of 8. 4 adults and 4 teens girls ages 14, 17, 17 & 18. We had a blast.....One of the 17 year olds loved the Club 02 activities. She made a ton of friends and loved the activities. She was out later than we were everynight. I highly recommend Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. It was a beautiful beach and very affordable. Lots of extra's but all very reasonalbly priced. This was cruise #4 for me and twice now on the Elation and she is a nice ship. It is all what you make of it. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy for a few days.

So glad you asked this question, because I am also a canceled Triumph passenger considering this ship...

We were meant to go on the Triumph 2/16 and that was the only time we could travel, so we jumped over to the Inspiration at the last minute.

I'd be curious if anyone has been on both the Inspiration and the Elation, how would you say they compare?

We're looking at going in February 2014 out of NOLA because it's just so cheap and we'd love to explores New Orleans over the long weekend. The 5 day works great for this purpose because my husband wouldn't have to take more than a week off of work...

We'd be traveling with a 4 year old, so I too wondered if there's enough on board to do.

I have to agree with the above. As I said before we just got off the Elation on Monday and it was a great vacation. We had a group of 8. 4 adults and 4 teens girls ages 14, 17, 17 & 18. We had a blast.....One of the 17 year olds loved the Club 02 activities. She made a ton of friends and loved the activities. She was out later than we were everynight. I highly recommend Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. It was a beautiful beach and very affordable. Lots of extra's but all very reasonalbly priced. This was cruise #4 for me and twice now on the Elation and she is a nice ship. It is all what you make of it. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy for a few days.

Yup.

And my kids always liked taking pictures around the ship.

They would spend a lot of time posing with this and that and thinking up funny pictures and captions.

(Actually when they get together they still do the photo thing)

There are a lot of odd looking things that they can take funny pictures with.

So glad you asked this question, because I am also a canceled Triumph passenger considering this ship...

We were meant to go on the Triumph 2/16 and that was the only time we could travel, so we jumped over to the Inspiration at the last minute.

I'd be curious if anyone has been on both the Inspiration and the Elation, how would you say they compare?

We're looking at going in February 2014 out of NOLA because it's just so cheap and we'd love to explores New Orleans over the long weekend. The 5 day works great for this purpose because my husband wouldn't have to take more than a week off of work...

We'd be traveling with a 4 year old, so I too wondered if there's enough on board to do.

Been on the Inspiration and headed out in a week to do the Elation. I will let you know when I get back! I loved the Inspiration though and have a soft spot in my heart for that ship.

Honestly if you are bored on a cruise, I think it's your own fault.

Elation is a great ship! No, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newest ships which also means it doesn't have some of the things people here complain the most about.

In recent times, based on past guest surveys, it has even been ranked highest in the Carnival fleet.

I did a photo review of the Feb 4 Elation cruise here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782205

and in a few weeks will be on Carnival Elation again!

Enjoy your cruise - I know I will. :)

We cruise in a big group and always have. Our first cruise in '05 was on the Elation and the ages in our group were 11 yo to 40s. The Elation has been our favorite ship until the Freedom this last summer.

We love the size of the Elation--so easy to get around and lots to do. Also so very beautiful!!

We did love the Freedom but mostly it was the itinerary and the crew that helped make it our favorite. As far as the extra amenities......The big screen board on the Freedom played CNN during the day--really loud(!!!!!????) and movies at night. Our young people did not enjoy that at all. They did the clubs and comedy shows at night.

The water slide on the Freedom was nicer but that is about it. We do not do the steakhouse on the Freedom, but the MDR every night. Kids' club activities seemed equeal.

Go and have fun!!!

We've only been on two cruises RCCL Liberty of the Seas first and then Elation this year. Elation felt more crowded and was not as nice as RCCL but it was WAY CHEAPER and we still had a wonderful time! The program for the little kids (ages 7, 5, and 3 here) was AMAZING. My kids had a fabulous time! I ate breakfast in the dining room once and enjoyed it more than the buffet. I did miss the hot tubs on Liberty- they were huge, rarely crowded, and the perfect temperature. The hot tubs on Elation were usually crowded, a few we felt were not hot, and just didn't look appealing. That was probably the biggest negative- but we found plenty of other stuff to do.

Archived