Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Sort of a Azamara Cabin related Question: The Tahitian Princess an R Class ship built in 1999 is now the Oceania Sirena. I have sailed on Azamara before and am trying to map the Oceania Penthouses on Deck 8 to the Azamara Club Continent Suite locations.  I am trying to determine which Club Continent Suite like cabins to avoid on Oceania Sirena. Note: I am using Grandma Cruising's Azamara Stateroom spreadsheet.  Any help would be appreciated!!

7 minutes ago, bobbyd6363 said:

Sort of a Azamara Cabin related Question: The Tahitian Princess an R Class ship built in 1999 is now the Oceania Sirena. I have sailed on Azamara before and am trying to map the Oceania Penthouses on Deck 8 to the Azamara Club Continent Suite locations.  I am trying to determine which Club Continent Suite like cabins to avoid on Oceania Sirena. Note: I am using Grandma Cruising's Azamara Stateroom spreadsheet.  Any help would be appreciated!!

The Oceania R-ship PHs have the same layout and numbering as Azamara Onward CCs (but not the other Azamara ships).  Unfortunately most of the reports in the spreadsheet are for the other Azamara ships, so it's necessary to map Journey-Pursuit-Quest numbers to Onward – that will give the answer for Sirena.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobbyd6363 said:

That spreadsheet isn’t mine - it was put together by uktog then recently taken over by LoonBoarder

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all 

After numerous cruises with Windstar we are going to try out Azamara, The Quest on July 14th Leith Edinburgh to London. I hope these questions aren’t redundant or weird.

We are booking a club verandah V2 state room, may I assume these state rooms are exclusively on deck 7, or could this V2 class also be on deck 6? I ask because I’ve read on here that deck 7 is generally the better option.

This maybe a bit silly but we plan on requesting a room ending with an even number, putting us on port side of the ship. My thinking, maybe crazy, is that since much of the cruise is counter clockwise around Scotland, we would have better views of the land.

Finally I know to avoid staterooms near the self service laundry, but are there any other staterooms on deck 7 to try and avoid?

Thank you 

44 minutes ago, Nearpost345 said:

Hi all 

After numerous cruises with Windstar we are going to try out Azamara, The Quest on July 14th Leith Edinburgh to London. I hope these questions aren’t redundant or weird.

We are booking a club verandah V2 state room, may I assume these state rooms are exclusively on deck 7, or could this V2 class also be on deck 6? I ask because I’ve read on here that deck 7 is generally the better option.

This maybe a bit silly but we plan on requesting a room ending with an even number, putting us on port side of the ship. My thinking, maybe crazy, is that since much of the cruise is counter clockwise around Scotland, we would have better views of the land.

Finally I know to avoid staterooms near the self service laundry, but are there any other staterooms on deck 7 to try and avoid?

Thank you 

I believe the laundry room is locked overnight, it used to be, it’s been years!  

As for choosing which side many want on land side but then find land too far to see, for some cruises. (I did that on an Alaska Cruise)  I rarely have a choice, but I prefer rooms that don’t get the afternoon sun, especially in port!  Others prefer to not be on the side that faces the dock, but that’s unpredictable in many ports.  And, then you find you aren’t looking at a pier, just another ship!  

1 hour ago, Nearpost345 said:

Hi all 

Thank you 

We cruised around Scotland in a counterclockwise direction and there certainly some possibilities of viewing the coast and shipping from our starboard stateroom. So I think it may be a good choice to locate on the port side. 

We loved the itinerary. There are residents of Scotland on this forum who provided excellent advice. 

Nordski, are you saying there are NOT possibilities from the starboard side? Or are you saying both port and starboard are good?

btw, I will of course report back with cabin review so it can be added to the excellent spreadsheet . I saw the tips for newbies spreadsheet but overlooked this superb cabin one. Thanks again Jazzbeau.

Edited by Nearpost345
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nearpost345 said:

Nordski, are you saying there are NOT possibilities from the starboard side? Or are you saying both port and starboard are good?

btw, I will of course report back with cabin review so it can be added to the excellent spreadsheet . I saw the tips for newbies spreadsheet but overlooked this superb cabin one. Thanks again Jazzbeau.

Ahhh! Sorry for the confusion I caused!

We were travelling in a clockwise direction on our itinerary and that’s why the starboard side worked for us.

Many apologies!

12 hours ago, nordski said:

We cruised around Scotland in a counterclockwise direction and there certainly some possibilities of viewing the coast and shipping from our starboard stateroom. So I think it may be a good choice to locate on the port side. 

We loved the itinerary. There are residents of Scotland on this forum who provided excellent advice. 

One advantage of being on the land side (regardless of cruise location) is that you're more likely to be able to connect to a local 4G or 5G signal for internet from your cabin, rather than relying on the exceptionally slow standard wifi offering on the ship.

• Like 4