I don't understand what is going on at Carnival

luv2trvlnow

I was just printing out some luggage tags for our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. And the phone rings and the caller ID shows "Carnival Cruise". I wonder why they are calling. I know it isn't for an ugrade, as there are no cabins higher to upgrade me to.

I get a recording. It says "We are sorry that a PVP is not available to talk to you now. Thank you for calling Carnival."

Wait I didn't call Carnival - they called me. Very strange call.

What is going on there?

Sharon

you logged in the website to print the tags...oh and yes they know it is you...they have all your contact info...so yup they auto called you...

that is why I have a PVP...he knows NOT to call me...he emails me..."did you need anything or you were just doing something and logged in"

Lol...EVERY website traps anything it can get on you to market more products...stay away from Google...they are the worst

I think you were in line for the upsell fairy and when you answered you were on HOLD already! This happened to us last year.

Oh, you said you could not be upgraded any further....so he probably just skipped to the next auto call.

you logged in the website to print the tags...oh and yes they know it is you...they have all your contact info...so yup they auto called you...

that is why I have a PVP...he knows NOT to call me...he emails me..."did you need anything or you were just doing something and logged in"

Lol...EVERY website traps anything it can get on you to market more products...stay away from Google...they are the worst

I have heard people say this before but I have never received a call and I have logged on a lot looking to see if our price drops have been processed. We have had around 5 or 6 drops for a total OBC of $717. And this is my 8th cruise with Carnival and have never received a call after logging on.

What was strange was it said a PVP wasn't available to talk to me. I have a PVP but didn't use him when I booked this cruise. I just called the 800 number. And that was almost 2 years ago. And since then that PVP has left the company (no big loss, was no help, that's why I didn't use him). Someone else called me to say that were taking over as our PVP about a year ago but have never heard from him again.

Sharon

This is soooo true! I didn't realize it. But just a day after searching for assisted living for my mom I started getting spam email about the subject. Then there was another search I performed (I forget exactly what now) and got spam email about that. I looked and found out I was signed in to Google with that email address. They track everything. I know, off topic but a good warning if you are logged in to Google.

I have heard people say this before but I have never received a call and I have logged on a lot looking to see if our price drops have been processed. We have had around 5 or 6 drops for a total OBC of $717. And this is my 8th cruise with Carnival and have never received a call after logging on.

What was strange was it said a PVP wasn't available to talk to me. I have a PVP but didn't use him when I booked this cruise. I just called the 800 number. And that was almost 2 years ago. And since then that PVP has left the company (no big loss, was no help, that's why I didn't use him). Someone else called me to say that were taking over as our PVP about a year ago but have never heard from him again.

Sharon

yeah but now they Really NEED THE BUSINESS...LOL

I think you were in line for the upsell fairy and when you answered you were on HOLD already! This happened to us last year.

Oh, you said you could not be upgraded any further....so he probably just skipped to the next auto call.

More likely trying to sell insurance.

This is soooo true! I didn't realize it. But just a day after searching for assisted living for my mom I started getting spam email about the subject. Then there was another search I performed (I forget exactly what now) and got spam email about that. I looked and found out I was signed in to Google with that email address. They track everything. I know, off topic but a good warning if you are logged in to Google.

Yes change your security settings in IE internet options..Privacy....advanced....block 3rd party cookies...

This will block if you check the box to override

Hope this helps...it did cut down my spam

:p Thanks for all the funny replies. I needed a laugh and came here and found several them.

Yes!

I thought it was the strangest thing when I got the call and knew there would be people here with some funny responses. I just knew I had to post about the strange call so I could get a laugh. And you guys didn't let me down.

Though I did laugh when the recording thanked me for calling Carnival and then hung up. Well I laughed after my mouth dropped open and then said Huh?

Sharon

Thanks! I'm on the same cruise and must have gotten the same call as they said the prior person didn't answer. They offered me an upgrade to a grand suite at no cost and threw in the cheers program for answering. :D

Sent using my Commodore 64

Thanks! I'm on the same cruise and must have gotten the same call as they said the prior person didn't answer. They offered me an upgrade to a grand suite at no cost and threw in the cheers program for answering. :D

Sent using my Commodore 64

I see what you did there! :D

That actually is pretty funny but I doubt they're lonely with upwards of a one hour wait to talk to anyone, :D

Their computer is lonely because their humans are busy talking on the phone with other humans instead of using the computers for what computers are made for...solitaire.:)

Archived