Last Voyage of the Monarch of the Seas!

Just found this thread. Did not read Cruise Critic last year.

Wife and I sailed the Monarch 11 (eleven) times after the Sovereign left the fleet. We did the last Cruise, it was great... We are not enjoying the Enchantment on those 3 & 4 day bahamas cruises.

Desmond is on the Enchantment, Keeping our glasses filled every night in the consierge lounge and around the ship.

Thanks for this message thread.

Dennis & Sue

mycruisingprofile.png

What a great thread! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I sailed on Monarch for my birthday in 2007, when she was still in LA doing the 3/4 day Mexico cruises. Fond memories.

Edited by Fitzget

• 1 month later...
I'm curious, with Majesty now the last ship left in the Sovereign Class, is there any definite date as to when that will be leaving the fleet? I'm assuming that it is of course. Maybe it won't.

Good question, and I'll keep reading. I very much remember the talk when Soverign made its final cruise, there was lots of pub and the price of the last cruise went up with the demand. However, when I got of Majesty last October, I hadn't heard anything definite yet. I've been on her three times and don't feel a need to go again unless there was an in credible deal which doesn't appear to be the case.

It was unofficially announced at one of the top tier parties that her last cruise would be the 4/29/16 sailing. A few of us that are still on the Monarchs final roll call have already booked it. It's still two years away, so we can always move it if the date changes. With the BOGHO and WOW sales going on, the prices were pretty reasonable. We actually went ahead and booked the last two as a B2B.

It was unofficially announced at one of the top tier parties that her last cruise would be the 4/29/16 sailing. A few of us that are still on the Monarchs final roll call have already booked it. It's still two years away, so we can always move it if the date changes. With the BOGHO and WOW sales going on, the prices were pretty reasonable. We actually went ahead and booked the last two as a B2B.

Well if anyone hears anything official can u post here

Sent from my galaxy s4 phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

I'm hearing the same thing, from unofficial sources. We are moving ahead with a B2B booking, as we missed out on the Monarch last sail......with so many friends that were aboard.

Thanks for the picture of the Pinnacles, there are about 8 or 10 that I could identify, and have heard from some of my friends, that I missed out on one of the best cruises of a lifetime!

Thanks to you, the last cruise of the Monarch will always be a pictorial sight!!:);)

Rick

I'm hearing the same thing, from unofficial sources. We are moving ahead with a B2B booking, as we missed out on the Monarch last sail......with so many friends that were aboard.

Thanks for the picture of the Pinnacles, there are about 8 or 10 that I could identify, and have heard from some of my friends, that I missed out on one of the best cruises of a lifetime!

Thanks to you, the last cruise of the Monarch will always be a pictorial sight!!:);)

Rick

Glad to hear you're getting the same info. It'll be nice to do the seven days onboard, especially since it'll be the last time any of us will likely sail on a Sovereign Class ship. Hope to see you onboard, it should be a fun time!

It was unofficially announced at one of the top tier parties that her last cruise would be the 4/29/16 sailing.

Hmm, that would mark my 10th anniversary of my first cruise. I may have to go look at the pricing. I would be diamond by then. I just checked and the last 3 day is listed at $202 inside with the BOGOHO a B2B might be reasonable.

Edited by BillOh

SWMBO and I celebrated our honeymoon aboard the Monarch, and that was my very first cruise. She always will have a special place in our hearts.

If I recall correctly, the first drink I ever had aboard a cruise ship was in the Schooner Bar (and it was hardly the last!)

Thank you for the report. I am very glad to hear that she left RCI on a high note!

D

SWMBO and I celebrated our honeymoon aboard the Monarch, and that was my very first cruise. She always will have a special place in our hearts.

If I recall correctly, the first drink I ever had aboard a cruise ship was in the Schooner Bar (and it was hardly the last!)

Thank you for the report. I am very glad to hear that she left RCI on a high note!

D

You're welcome! She was a great ship right up until the end. My last (hazy) memory of the Schooner Bar was on the first night of this cruise. After way too much wine in the VCL, I apparently joined a conga line whilst singing along with the piano player.

I also booked the 4/29 sailing. But on our last cruise we were told that would not be the last majesty sailing rather it's just the last in the system. Regardless we booked it.

Yes, still a lot of conjecture over it. Nothing is set in stone until RCI officially announces. But we've got lots of time to move the bookings if need be. I'm just glad I was able to convince the wife to do the B2B.

I also booked the 4/29 sailing. But on our last cruise we were told that would not be the last majesty sailing rather it's just the last in the system. Regardless we booked it.

Not that this means anything, I was on the Majesty for 3 cruises in a row this past April. They told us on the ship that the 4-29-16 would be the last sailing, this was at the welcome back party. I had already had a B2B scheduled for those days. As with anything, this could change.

Not that this means anything, I was on the Majesty for 3 cruises in a row this past April. They told us on the ship that the 4-29-16 would be the last sailing, this was at the welcome back party. I had already had a B2B scheduled for those days. As with anything, this could change.

None of you have started a roll call yet?

• 10 months later...

Darth, amazing review!!!

My wife and I were suppose to be on the cruise also. We booked a JS while on the Adventure but decided to back out.

We sailed on her in April of 1992 during her inogreal year and I just fell in love with her and still sad to this day that we did not see her off to her new home.

I was so nice to see all those pictures with so many obvious upgrades to her over the years.

Check out my review of her from 1992.

Ty again, brought back many memories!!

Darth, amazing review!!!

My wife and I were suppose to be on the cruise also. We booked a JS while on the Adventure but decided to back out.

We sailed on her in April of 1992 during her inogreal year and I just fell in love with her and still sad to this day that we did not see her off to her new home.

I was so nice to see all those pictures with so many obvious upgrades to her over the years.

Check out my review of her from 1992.

Ty again, brought back many memories!!

Thanks! I think I remember seeing your review a while back, bit if you post a link I'll definitely take another look. I enjoy seeing photos and getting a before and after of the many renovations they do over the years.