Last Voyage of the Monarch of the Seas!

So that was about it for the Monarch Farewell Cruise. I turned in for the night after watching The Quest at the Circuit Lounge. We happily found one more piece of Monarch swag upon returning to the room (see below).

After one last breakfast in the dining room, I said goodbye to our excellent dinner waiter Andrew Smart. We stayed on board until about 10:30 and were among the last ones off the ship. Debarkation was quick, mostly because the terminal was almost completely empty.;)

All in all it was a very fun cruise! We got to reconnect with folks met on past cruises; and got to know some new ones that I'm sure we'll see again.

I will miss the Monarch. Not because she was the newest or the nicest. But because she was a great combination of an excellent crew, friendly past guests and a classic ship experience. We're already thinking about booking the Majesty's last run.

Until next time! :D

232323232%7Ffp43858%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A96%3B%3A%3A6%3B326nu0mrj

Sail away party on the pool deck

232323232%7Ffp43894%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A96%3B4544326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43849%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A972%3B%3A84326nu0mrj

Leaving the channel

232323232%7Ffp43849%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A972%3B%3A78326nu0mrj

That this even needs to be posted is nothing short of hilarious

232323232%7Ffp43857%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A972%3B%3A97326nu0mrj

Conga line in the Schooner Bar

232323232%7Ffp4385%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A97368%3B2326nu0mrj

LOVE the bunny ears Brian, Laura, Bill and Dean!!!!

Edited by abodom68

Thanks again for sharing your last cruise on the Monarch with us. I really enjoyed following along with you. Sailing on Majesty again next month, so maybe I'll have to find Desmond.

I also want to book Majesty's last sailing as I've sailed on her around 30 times. She's my fav!!

Thanks again.

Any news on where all of the officers are going? I know where the hotel director and dining room manager will be but I'm curious about the rest of them.

No, sorry. I don't have any info on them.

Thanks again for sharing your last cruise on the Monarch with us. I really enjoyed following along with you. Sailing on Majesty again next month, so maybe I'll have to find Desmond.

I also want to book Majesty's last sailing as I've sailed on her around 30 times. She's my fav!!

Thanks again.

Another great Grady review and pictures of the beautiful Monarch! Thanks for the review and pictures of her last voyage with Royal.

You're certainly welcome. :)

Edited by DarthGrady

OMG I know Desmond. Lol.

Never sailed monarch but love majesty.

Desmond will be on Majesty before going home to Jamaica for vacation - I think he will be in Miami for two months. He was supposed to do Enchantment but is not too sure about her now. We all love Desmond!!! :D

so that was about it for the monarch farewell cruise. I turned in for the night after watching the quest at the circuit lounge. We happily found one more piece of monarch swag upon returning to the room (see below).

After one last breakfast in the dining room, i said goodbye to our excellent dinner waiter andrew smart. We stayed on board until about 10:30 and were among the last ones off the ship. Debarkation was quick, mostly because the terminal was almost completely empty.;)

all in all it was a very fun cruise! We got to reconnect with folks met on past cruises; and got to know some new ones that i'm sure we'll see again.

I will miss the monarch. Not because she was the newest or the nicest. But because she was a great combination of an excellent crew, friendly past guests and a classic ship experience. We're already thinking about booking the majesty's last run.

Until next time! :d

232323232%7ffp43858%3enu%3d323%3b%3e8%3b7%3e682%3ewsnrcg%3d37%3a96%3b%3a%3a6%3b326nu0mrj

like!!!

She will participate in a first of its kind emergency drill tomorrow in The Bahamas. It will include a Carnival and an NCL ship. This is a full blown drill with injured Passengers and will include folks launching in lifeboats. We were told that she will have 200 US Marine Reserve troops, 200 CG personnel and 200 RCI staff on board tonight who will participate in the drill. There are also about 200 Pullmantur on board for the retrofit and drydock activities. That will answer some questions being asked. On the 3rd she has the formal turn over to Pullmantur.

It's called Black Swan, you can google it then click on the one mentioning USCG. It's a MRO (Mass Rescue Operation) that the CG likes to practice

I got my first Crystal Block on Monarch. Did everyone get a Crystal Block on the last sailing?

I don't know. One of the prior pix in this thread shows the OP getting two navy tote bags and two lanyards. We didn't get those, but we got one of the off white zip top tote bags, a robe and two pair of slippers, as well as a crystal block, two of the yearbooks and a "final sailing" certificate. We also got an extra "welcome aboard" snack box amenity, a huge fruit bowl with a wheel of camembert cheese and a ton of crackers, and a grand piano made out of chocolate. My guess is that they were just using stuff up and giving out whatever they had to get rid of it. We are D+ and our friends who were with us are emerald and platinum; they got some of what we got (but on different nights) but not all, so maybe it varied by C&A status as well.

I got my first Crystal Block on Monarch. Did everyone get a Crystal Block on the last sailing?

From talking to others, I gathered that D, D+ and PC got them. I don't know about the other past guest levels though.

I heard that Mackey ordered about 300. If that's correct, I think it would cover at least Platinum and up.

Edited by DarthGrady
typo

Any news on where all of the officers are going? I know where the hotel director and dining room manager will be but I'm curious about the rest of them.

The Guest Services Manager, Leander, will also be going to Explorer along with John and his secretary. Seamus goes to Radiance with 2 months on Rhapsody in between. Capt Rune hasn't been told yet but its an assumption he'll be transferred to Majesty when its time to close her out. There's 2 more senior masters retiring "soon" so he may get sent to those ships too. Someone told me they were being sent to Jewel and for the life of me, I can't remember who told me that!

I don't know. One of the prior pix in this thread shows the OP getting two navy tote bags and two lanyards. We didn't get those, but we got one of the off white zip top tote bags, a robe and two pair of slippers, as well as a crystal block, two of the yearbooks and a "final sailing" certificate. We also got an extra "welcome aboard" snack box amenity, a huge fruit bowl with a wheel of camembert cheese and a ton of crackers, and a grand piano made out of chocolate. My guess is that they were just using stuff up and giving out whatever they had to get rid of it. We are D+ and our friends who were with us are emerald and platinum; they got some of what we got (but on different nights) but not all, so maybe it varied by C&A status as well.

We got all that stuff except we got chocolate cookies instead of a chocolate piano. It was awesome!

Sorry, I didn't mention it in the review. The lanyards were freebies from one of the GR staff that had a big box of them. He was just giving them out, and we happened to be at the right place at the right itme.

Kudos on another excellent presentation Grady.

I'm looking forward with great interest to the photo review of your next cruise. ;)

As am I! :D

It's called Black Swan, you can google it then click on the one mentioning USCG. It's a MRO (Mass Rescue Operation) that the CG likes to practice

Thanks. For the life of me I couldn't remember the Project Nickname.

From talking to others, I gathered that D, D+ and PC got them. I don't know about the other past guest levels though.

I heard that Mackey ordered about 300. If that's correct, I think it would cover at least Platinum and up.

At the C&A party on Sat a.m., I recall they said there were 29 Pinnacle and 175 D+ members on board, so that's 200+ right there. I don't remember how many D members, but it was far less than the 175 D+. So yeah, 300 probably covered Platinum and up.

Maybe it's me,but that cake looks pitiful.......they did a much nicer one for the last Sovereign cruise..

I agree. The yearbook they gave us had pix of the Monarch's 21st birthday and they had pix of the cake they did for that. It looked MUCH better!

I was kind off sad to hear that the Monarch was sold, because it was the Monarch that got us hooked on RCI and cruising.

Thanks for the pictures and sharing the last cruise with that beautiful ship.