Last Voyage of the Monarch of the Seas!

Maybe it's me,but that cake looks pitiful.......they did a much nicer one for the last Sovereign cruise..

My thoughts as well Kathy. I saw a picture somewhere of the cake they made for Sovereign, it looked pretty nice.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I would have loved to have been on the final sailing, but feared it would just be too sad!

I feel the same way! I have been thinking about this...and I wanted to book Majesty's but not sure it's a good idea. Feels very sad to me too. Better to let it sail off into the distance... ;)

I went on this cruise also. The Monarch crew is awesome and wished each one could have been transferred to the Enchantment.

Last night I watched the Monarch depart on the webcam and played the song the Liberty Hounds wrote and sang at the farewell party Sunday night.

Thank you for posting the pics!

Edited by Honeybea
edit

The Schooner Bar is where we had our (unofficial) Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle. It was great to meet so many fellow CC'ers! :)

232323232%7Ffp43866%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A97456%3A4326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43859%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A97456%3A2326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp437%3C%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A97432%3A5326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43888%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A97456%3B2326nu0mrj

So what special events did they have on the Monarch on her last sailing out of port canaveral for the guests? Did they have a special dinner, being as it was the last cruise.... were all the gift stores still open or were they closed.... understand that they had to take off all insignias from the RCCL Ship.... did they have special shows... what did they do for the last nite....did they bring all the entire crew on stage to say goodbye?:)

The Guest Services Manager, Leander, will also be going to Explorer along with John and his secretary. Seamus goes to Radiance with 2 months on Rhapsody in between. Capt Rune hasn't been told yet but its an assumption he'll be transferred to Majesty when its time to close her out. There's 2 more senior masters retiring "soon" so he may get sent to those ships too. Someone told me they were being sent to Jewel and for the life of me, I can't remember who told me that!

The only ones I knew about were John and Seamus. Seamus will be the reliever between the 2 ships. I wonder if Seamus is here in Sydney today? Rhapsody is here so I'll go have a look around. :) it's nice to hear Leander will go with John. That probably makes it easier on her.

Do you know anything about Sheldon or Werner? Maybe I need to scroll back farther in case it was mentioned.

Excellent review Grady. Also nice meeting you and your wife.

Thanks, and same here Bob. I wish it would have been a bit less hectic of a schedule so that we could have all gotten to know each other better. But there's always next time! :D

So what special events did they have on the Monarch on her last sailing out of port canaveral for the guests? Did they have a special dinner, being as it was the last cruise.... were all the gift stores still open or were they closed.... understand that they had to take off all insignias from the RCCL Ship.... did they have special shows... what did they do for the last nite....did they bring all the entire crew on stage to say goodbye?:)

The big party on the last evening in the Centrum was the main event. They also had a farewell show the last night, but I don't know what it was about since I didn't attend any of the theater productions.

The gift shops opened, but there wasn't much left. They had a few Monarch logo items left, but it was just little stuff. The dinners didn't seem to be any different than usual, although the entire dining staff came out on the last night for applause.

The insignias were all still intact when we left the ship. I assume that will all be removed in Freeport while they do the conversion to Pullmantur.

Thanks for all the pictures and comments. Brought more than a tear to my eye to see another of my favorite ships gone. I guess life will never be the same. Well at least I have all those memories. You cant take those away from me.

Farewell Monarch of the Seas, you will be missed.

Norma

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Schooner Bar on the Sovereign class is the best - there is just something about the feeling that I haven't found on the other classes I've sailed:)

I love the Schooner Bar on the Sovereign class also. They also have the best staff on the ship! Oh the hours we have spent sitting by the windows going through the drink menu trying different things and realizing nothing beats a really cold gin and tonic..

I might have to try and figure out a Majesty cruise in the next year.

Grady, awesome review and looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Darth in December.

Thanks for all the pictures and comments. Brought more than a tear to my eye to see another of my favorite ships gone. I guess life will never be the same. Well at least I have all those memories. You cant take those away from me.

Farewell Monarch of the Seas, you will be missed.

Norma

Norma, I know what you mean. Life is always changing, isn't it? Just try to focus on the good memories :-)

I love the Schooner Bar on the Sovereign class also. They also have the best staff on the ship! Oh the hours we have spent sitting by the windows going through the drink menu trying different things and realizing nothing beats a really cold gin and tonic..

I might have to try and figure out a Majesty cruise in the next year.

Grady, awesome review and looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Darth in December.

Same here, I liked all the windows that looked right out onto the ocean.

[quote name='Cruzin-K']For those who asked, Platinum did not get a crystal block :([/quote]
That's odd because my brother-in-law got one and he's was a brand new Platinum.

[quote name='clarea']That's odd because my brother-in-law got one and he's was a brand new Platinum.[/QUOTE]

:mad: OK, now that's just not fair. I'm happy for your BIL, but they should have given them to all Platinum. It's not like I can ever get another one. :(

[quote name='laddcalcagno']I'm curious, with Majesty now the last ship left in the Sovereign Class, is there any definite date as to when that will be leaving the fleet? I'm assuming that it is of course. Maybe it won't.
[/quote]

We heard it will be about 18 months from now.

[quote name='Cruzin-K']:mad: OK, now that's just not fair. I'm happy for your BIL, but they should have given them to all Platinum. It's not like I can ever get another one. :([/quote]
If you don't have one, I'd be glad to send you my extra one.

[quote name='clarea']If you don't have one, I'd be glad to send you my extra one.[/QUOTE]

You have an extra? I would really love one, and would be more than happy to pay postage in advance. I'm going to try very hard to get to Diamond by 2016 so I can increase my odds of getting goodies on special sailings :D

I figure I might make D+ by the time they retire the Quantum :eek: Edited by Cruzin-K