The Pride has nothing to be proud of!

YESi will happily skip back to royal carribean and enjoy all the perks in my suite that carnival has never heard of in June I need to get the bad taste out of my mouth💃

Don't worry about that whole Noro thing Royal had in the news 3 weeks ago. I am sure that is all over with and you will be in fine hands! Enjoy!

:D

I had a great time on the Pride last fall and will be on her again in 11 days (Yay!).

Personally I don't drink anything from the public beverage stations.. because they are public. I bring my own beverages or purchase them. Just personal preference not germaphobia.

I would say it is near impossible to be "germ proof" even if you bring sanitizer on a cruise ship. You just never know who is doing what with their hands or where they are putting them before touching...everything.

That is not unique to Carnival or any other cruise line. To think otherwise is silly.

In the last 15 months there has been ONE reported Norovirus outbreak on a Carnival Ship (the Glory last year).

In that same time Princess has had 8, Royal 3 (including just last month), and Celebrity 2. The PRIDE has never had an outbreak.

I am sorry the OP had such a horrible time but I also sensed a bit of the squeaky wheel syndrome. Some people are never happy and can find fault with anything and pass out blame all day long.

I hope the OP has a more wonderful cruise next time out on RCCL, assuming she doesn't get the Norovirus...

:eek:

YESi will happily skip back to royal carribean and enjoy all the perks in my suite that carnival has never heard of in June I need to get the bad taste out of my mouth💃

I guess the failed CDC inspection a Celebrity ship received today means nothing to you then.........

Don't worry about that whole Noro thing Royal had in the news 3 weeks ago. I am sure that is all over with and you will be in fine hands! Enjoy!

:D

That can't be, it can ONLY happen on carnival ships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PRIDE has never had an outbreak.

Hurry!! Knock on wood, or throw salt over your shoulder, spin around 3 times or whatever it is people do so you don't jinx the Pride by saying that! :eek: :p

No whammy , no whammy, no whammy.........STOP!! :D

Hurry!! Knock on wood, or throw salt over your shoulder, spin around 3 times or whatever it is people do so you don't jinx the Pride by saying that! :eek: :p

No whammy , no whammy, no whammy.........STOP!! :D

I was thinking the same thing.

Hope she's not jinxed now. We board on May 5. ;)

Very well said and I agree 100% with everything you said.

Crewmembers are already overburdened, they should not have to police passenger behavior.

so who is going to do it then?

Ok, I get it...hire more security personnel...but then again...aren't they crew members as well?

Or are you saying pax should police the ship? and then what? tell the overworked crew? actually pax should never have to do this as it is a crewmembers job.

btw..crew includes all on the ship....from officers down to engine room...

It was also back in the day when customers observed the rules. Now it seems to be "it's my vacation and I'll do whatever I please".:( (And that pertains to other cruise lines, also, not just CCL.)

that is all just a result of everyone drinking the fabled "Kool Aid" (if anyone doesn't know what that means just ask someone who remembers 1978)

and believing the media slant on everything and anything and the belief that everyone has a right to everything..even without working for it etc. or even if it is an outrageous request...

I won't bother with details, just use your imagination or just read the newspapers

but the bottom line is negative cruise ship behavior as described in this thread is just one result of the very slippery slope we all seem to be sliding down at warp speed and the fact that nobody wants to be politically incorrect and question it....or to try to stop it.

flame away...:D

All this friendly banter about germs and slaves, etc - but shouldn't the point really be about how the hard working, friendly, over worked staff, are not empowered to say something when a passenger is being rude or gross?

bingo!

so who is going to do it then?

Ok, I get it...hire more security personnel...but then again...aren't they crew members as well?

Or are you saying pax should police the ship? and then what? tell the overworked crew? actually pax should never have to do this as it is a crewmembers job.

btw..crew includes all on the ship....from officers down to engine room...

The crew shouldn't have to police passenger behavior because the passengers should behave on their own. Of course we know that isn't going to happen (rjackieb's post is spot on).

Getting upset over the use of a water fountain to fill a bottle. I belive that the people who care about such things, have created a sociaty of sick people. Growing up we never worried about these types of things. Needded a drink went to the water fountain never thought about grems on it. Didn't even know what hand sanatizer was till I was in my mid 20's. Played outside all day and as late at night as we could get away with. Didn't matter what the weather was, rain, sleet, snow. If came home for super and didn't need 25 mins to get the mud off was a bad day. By the end of the summer at least half of our group had somthing in a cast. Seat belts were pushed down into the seat so you didn't sit on them. We all grow up fine noone ever had an alergy to anything. Now days everyone worries about keeping their familes healthy and safe. And you get in a group and don't even think of eating a peanut butter cup, or else someone will need to be rushed to the hospital. Make sure you have somthing to drink other then milk or someone has to go without (sorry they can't go without you get sued for not having something for them to drink). Can't prove it and doctors to protect their income will call it crazy. But I belive all the protection we give to kids, keeps them from being exposed to grems, and prevents their body from devloping defenses against them. Now the become sick from being looked at crossed eyed. And back 20 years ago none would have thought twice if they saw someone filling a water bottle at the fountain.

The crew shouldn't have to police passenger behavior because the passengers should behave on their own. Of course we know that isn't going to happen (rjackieb's post is spot on).

well of course it is nice to think that everyone is civilized and well bred and knows right from wrong...but that is just how maybe you and I see things...but seriously, some people are just not like. To believe that some pax are the creme of the crop is just not true. Some are the bottom of the barrel.

these are pax from all walks of life and it doesn't surprise me that many pax on any cruise ship or guests in any hotel or people at any theme park do exactly what they want to do and ignore the rules.

It is just a sad statement of some parts of our society.

I believe in decorum and following rules, but I am informed enough to realize that sadly, I may be in the minority with this thinking.

I also would never expect pax to police themselves. Why? because I know a ship is a small city of 3000 strangers all thrown together. Some of those 3000 have never been out of their hometown before and have no clue how to act in the real world.

That is why it is up to the ship and the crew to enforce rules...because many pax are incapable of following rules. BTW, don't you want the cruiseline you are sailing to enforce their own rules? I would hope so and the people to enforce the rules are the cruise employees...aka..crew.

It is just a sad staement of our times and as I always say the effect of that slippery slope many of us, but thankfully not all, are going down.

Lack of hygeine practices on a ship are also directly reflective of the itin and the length and cut rate price of the cruise. That is a no brainer.

Getting upset over the use of a water fountain to fill a bottle. I belive that the people who care about such things, have created a sociaty of sick people. Growing up we never worried about these types of things. Needded a drink went to the water fountain never thought about grems on it. Didn't even know what hand sanatizer was till I was in my mid 20's. Played outside all day and as late at night as we could get away with. Didn't matter what the weather was, rain, sleet, snow. If came home for super and didn't need 25 mins to get the mud off was a bad day. By the end of the summer at least half of our group had somthing in a cast. Seat belts were pushed down into the seat so you didn't sit on them. We all grow up fine noone ever had an alergy to anything. Now days everyone worries about keeping their familes healthy and safe. And you get in a group and don't even think of eating a peanut butter cup, or else someone will need to be rushed to the hospital. Make sure you have somthing to drink other then milk or someone has to go without (sorry they can't go without you get sued for not having something for them to drink). Can't prove it and doctors to protect their income will call it crazy. But I belive all the protection we give to kids, keeps them from being exposed to grems, and prevents their body from devloping defenses against them. Now the become sick from being looked at crossed eyed. And back 20 years ago none would have thought twice if they saw someone filling a water bottle at the fountain.

you are correct.

actually it has been researched and proven that our good immune systems are a direct result of less than perfect hygeine practices over the millinea!

YOU are my hero a voice of reason...

I have a answer for the water bottle refillers let the passangers form there own police force and make the refillers when cought walk the plank. Than they will have all the water they need

I had a great time on the Pride last fall and will be on her again in 11 days (Yay!).

Personally I don't drink anything from the public beverage stations.. because they are public. I bring my own beverages or purchase them. Just personal preference not germaphobia.

I would say it is near impossible to be "germ proof" even if you bring sanitizer on a cruise ship. You just never know who is doing what with their hands or where they are putting them before touching...everything.

That is not unique to Carnival or any other cruise line. To think otherwise is silly.

In the last 15 months there has been ONE reported Norovirus outbreak on a Carnival Ship (the Glory last year).

In that same time Princess has had 8, Royal 3 (including just last month), and Celebrity 2. The PRIDE has never had an outbreak.

I am sorry the OP had such a horrible time but I also sensed a bit of the squeaky wheel syndrome. Some people are never happy and can find fault with anything and pass out blame all day long.

I hope the OP has a more wonderful cruise next time out on RCCL, assuming she doesn't get the Norovirus...

:eek:

I am not the op VERINICA IS THE ONE WHO TALKED ABOUT GERMS ON THE PRIDE I talked about the lousy time on the liberty,getting trapped in the elevator and room service getting two of my six coffee orders wrong blah blah blah it sucked I'm not sure if VERONICA is going to worry about germs on rccl,I AM THE ONE WHO IS GOING ,,JEEZ MAN TRY TO FOLLOW ALONG

Exactly, the reason people are getting sick now days more than they use to is because everyone is trying to sanitize the world. The body can't build up its immune system, then when they are exposed to a germ the body's defense system is to weak to fight it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well of course it is nice to think that everyone is civilized and well bred and knows right from wrong...but that is just how maybe you and I see things...but seriously, some people are just not like. To believe that some pax are the creme of the crop is just not true. Some are the bottom of the barrel.

these are pax from all walks of life and it doesn't surprise me that many pax on any cruise ship or guests in any hotel or people at any theme park do exactly what they want to do and ignore the rules.

It is just a sad statement of some parts of our society.

I believe in decorum and following rules, but I am informed enough to realize that sadly, I may be in the minority with this thinking.

I also would never expect pax to police themselves. Why? because I know a ship is a small city of 3000 strangers all thrown together. Some of those 3000 have never been out of their hometown before and have no clue how to act in the real world.

That is why it is up to the ship and the crew to enforce rules...because many pax are incapable of following rules. BTW, don't you want the cruiseline you are sailing to enforce their own rules? I would hope so and the people to enforce the rules are the cruise employees...aka..crew.

It is just a sad staement of our times and as I always say the effect of that slippery slope many of us, but thankfully not all, are going down.

Lack of hygeine practices on a ship are also directly reflective of the itin and the length and cut rate price of the cruise. That is a no brainer.

Yes, I would like to see the rules enforced but I am realistic enough to realize there are more passengers then there are crew and sometimes it is impossible to enforce every single rule. In the case of refilling water bottles there are signs, so even the most insulated passenger who has never set foot out of their house should know what the rule is (unless of course they don't read English, which is a very good possibility). It would seem labor intensive to station an employee by every dispenser to ensure compliance, especially when there is only so much room onboard for the crew. And how many times does a crew member allow him/herself to be berated for correcting a passenger's behavior before they give up? I don't know what the answer is and am not sure that there is one.

And a big price doesn't necessarily ensure lack of boorish behavior, I just read a review on the NCL board where people staying in the Haven suites allowed their infants to go into the pool with diapers on.

I just completed my 11th sailing on the Pride and I'm having a hard time envisioning the water bottle problem. I agree that it would be gross to touch anything unsanitized to the dispenser, but I think that you would have to make a concerted effort to actually cause that to happen. The dispenser is set up so that the part that you push is pretty danged far from where the liquid comes out. I do see where refilling a tall bottle or glass at the lemonade/iced tea dispenser would more than likely be an issue. Those are designed for a short cup, not a tall water bottle....but....think of any fast food restaurant that allows refills in their paper cups....they're all set up so that refilling a tall cup should be sanitary.

I am not the op VERINICA IS THE ONE WHO TALKED ABOUT GERMS ON THE PRIDE I talked about the lousy time on the liberty,getting trapped in the elevator and room service getting two of my six coffee orders wrong blah blah blah it sucked I'm not sure if VERONICA is going to worry about germs on rccl,I AM THE ONE WHO IS GOING ,,JEEZ MAN TRY TO FOLLOW ALONG

Uhhh.. I'm sorry.. who are you? I don't recall saying anything to you. My post was about the Pride. Perhaps you should read it again? In the OP's original post she said and I quote, "The first and most DISGUSTING thing I have been watching the entire week was that people are refilling their water bottles and sticking the mouth part right under where the water flows from!!"

Lots of other posters than talked about germs. If you did, congrats. I am sorry I don't have a trophy for you. Maybe next time?

The OP went on to say, and again I quote, "Go with NCL or RCCL...This is my opinion of the cruise I just returned from and can compare it to others as we take 3 a year." Again.. this did not involve you, no?

I am sorry, Emerald that you got your panties all in a twist over a post that had absolutely nothing to do with anything you may have posted and I completely ignored.

Perhaps if you spent less time imbibing acutely strong alcoholic beverages you may have not have jumped the gun and became so irate?

Have a great cruise and uh, relax a bit, OK? :)

Sorry you did not enjoy your cruise. We LOVED the Pride. Hop on back over to RCCL and enjoy.

I have sailed on RCL eleven times, twice on Carnival (and one upcomig) and once on NCL I often wonder how happy a person will be changing lines when they complain about the little things. The only valid thing I think the OP has is about the water thingy.

I am glad you loved the Pride. I hope to sail on her one day.

Archived