The Pride has nothing to be proud of!

We've sailed on the Pride twice, and will sail on it again. We've never run into unfriendly crew members on that ship, quite the opposite on both our cruises on the Price. However, I've seen some of what the OP talks about in regards to crew enforcing rules. I have video of the hot tubs jam packed with kids, even after crew members were told about it and promised to "do something about it". Nothing was done, and it was an inconvenience to those who wanted to use the hot tubs. I rarely use public hot tubs, but who would want to after it was turned into kid soup? Blech!!

As for the water thing, well, that's not Carnival's fault. It's the people who don't think of their germs affecting other people. There have been rude people on every cruise I've been on even with different cruise lines. You can't fault the cruise line, but you can fault the people. And, you CAN say something, politely, and point out why it's not a good idea to put the spout of their water bottles right on the spigot.

I'm usually one to defend Carnival because there are a lot of things I like about it, but admittedly there are plenty of things they could improve on. They are in the service industry and as such, it should be their imperative to make sure their guests are accommodated, especially when it comes to health issues.

OP, thanks for sharing your experience, regardless of the replies against you.

We saw this on our last Carnival Cruise, passengers were using water bottles that were too tall to fit under the dispenser without touching the spout where the water and drinks came out. I started using water from our room and adding Crystal Lite.

As to the rest of your concerns, we've seen some of the same things, but I still enjoy Carnival's food. Hope the rest of the cruises you take this year are better.

Does anyone know if the water in the cabins are really filtered? Perhaps that is why people are filling their bottles at the water stations. I observed this too on the Freedom. There was even a group of folks filling water in brita gallon size pitchers:eek:. You can imagine the back log of people patiently waiting:rolleyes:.

And btw what was the green algae looking crap you were sifting out of the pool anyway? It looked pretty gross! ICK!

Would you rather they leave it in the pool?

Serious question, though, for those who are concerned about the water bottles: On my last cruise there were signs asking to not refill personal bottles at the water fountains and dispensers. Fair enough, I respect that. But I refill my water bottle at fountains all the time IF the water is shooting high and far enough away from the nozzle to not touch it. Does that bother people? People put their faces much closer, and I often wipe or wash the mouth of the bottle, anyway.

Would you rather they leave it in the pool?

Serious question, though, for those who are concerned about the water bottles: On my last cruise there were signs asking to not refill personal bottles at the water fountains and dispensers. Fair enough, I respect that. But I refill my water bottle at fountains all the time IF the water is shooting high and far enough away from the nozzle to not touch it. Does that bother people? People put their faces much closer, and I often wipe or wash the mouth of the bottle, anyway.

The correct way is to take a clean glass, fill it, and fill your glass.

But I surmise you don't understand the properties of water.

WOW how did we surive back in the day without all that Hand Sterilizer all ovewr the place..

Just light when people break the speed limit or run a stop sign the rules are posted and people break the rules. This is why the Cheers program is so great.. You can get drinks in clean glasses and the booze kills germs..

Does anyone know if the water in the cabins are really filtered? Perhaps that is why people are filling their bottles at the water stations. I observed this too on the Freedom. There was even a group of folks filling water in brita gallon size pitchers:eek:. You can imagine the back log of people patiently waiting:rolleyes:.

It is all the sames water whether it comes from the tap in your cabin or the machine at the lido. It is all filtered. They do not have separate tanks for your cabin and the other drinking water.

So, was there anything you liked? I mean, you were on a cruise vacation and not at work, so really, how bad could it really have been?

Not picking on you, but I see this response all the time. Anything that happens is okay because you're on a cruise. But, when I pay thousands of dollars to be on a cruise, anything that happens is not okay. When at work, I put up with annoyances because they're paying me to be at work. When on a cruise, as unrealistic as it may be, I don't want annoyances.

Not picking on you, but I see this response all the time. Anything that happens is okay because you're on a cruise. But, when I pay thousands of dollars to be on a cruise, anything that happens is not okay. When at work, I put up with annoyances because they're paying me to be at work. When on a cruise, as unrealistic as it may be, I don't want annoyances.

It's not unrealistic, the only things that can annoy you are the things you let annoy you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all I am on RCCL all the time and it actually happens more on RCCL than Carnival that I have witnessed with the water botte refilling. Second you should never refill a water bottle in the first place, just google it, it's a fact you should never refill a water bottle for usage again. Thirdly you people are germaphobes who have no clue what you are talking about with noro and water bottles touching. Thanks for the laugh for this scientist.;)

It is all the sames water whether it comes from the tap in your cabin or the machine at the lido. It is all filtered. They do not have separate tanks for your cabin and the other drinking water.

Thank you!

True!

But...the water that is on the Lido is chilled. What is in the cabin is pretty "warm" - because it's room temp. ;)

I have a distinct memory of my pediatrician nurse who became my allergist nurse in my 20's as my pediatrician changes specialties perfectly for me...LOL.

She died of alzhiemers and it just always gives me a lump in my throat..she was a wonderful joy to kids as was my doctor..anyways I just remember her letting the faucet run awhile..grabbing her drink and running it a bit afterwards..probably eliminates the bulk of germs, or keeps it clean I thought before I could have that sophisticated of one...always saw her in my mind..she just had a way of that gesture in her white nylons , uniform, white sturdy old nursing shoes and cap..the last of those took care of my gramdma in the year 2000!!!

i just got off the same ship, same trip. I will post more later in the week but wanted to quickly say that I witnessed other times when the staff should have spoke up about things. Like teenagers RUNNING in the public spaces and hallways. Why weren't they with their parents? Or, in the structured activities? Didn't anyone teach these kids that 1)we don't all have our sea legs 2)most of us are drunk 3)some of us don't like kids 4)there is a certain age when running does not look good by a teen girl or 5)combination of the above. Did I mention that these were not cute toddlers?

If you can avoid it don't sail at spring break and the summer. This seems to happen more at those times, and Christmas holidays.

We try to sail in May and it seems to be a good time for fewer kids. Sept is pretty good too but is during hurricane season.

It's not unrealistic, the only things that can annoy you are the things you let annoy you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just wrong. You don't PAY for annoyances. You pay to avoid them.

The person in front of you with 35 items in the 20 or less is an annoyance...

Just a comment about the refilling of water bottles......My girlfriend drinks iced tea constantly.....On our last cruise we had called room service to ask if we could have a full pitcher of tea delivered to the room. They told us that it was not allowed. We noticed the large bottle of water they have in the room. I cannot remember how large it was....Maybe 32 ounces? My girlfriend never drink from the bottle but we used it to get tea from the buffet area to bring back to the room.....She would then put ice in a glass and pour tea from the water bottle in the glass and would then sweeten the tea. She never once put her mouth to the bottle. When the bottle was empty we would go and refill it.

Just a comment about the refilling of water bottles......My girlfriend drinks iced tea constantly.....On our last cruise we had called room service to ask if we could have a full pitcher of tea delivered to the room. They told us that it was not allowed. We noticed the large bottle of water they have in the room. I cannot remember how large it was....Maybe 32 ounces? My girlfriend never drink from the bottle but we used it to get tea from the buffet area to bring back to the room.....She would then put ice in a glass and pour tea from the water bottle in the glass and would then sweeten the tea. She never once put her mouth to the bottle. When the bottle was empty we would go and refill it.

But...the signs still ask you NOT to fill personal containers. :rolleyes:

No exaggeration. Just won't make the same mistake again! The main thing that sickened me was the water bottle issue. It seems that some people on this forum aren't bothered by it. They are probably the ones that do it! Then everyone scratches their head as to how all these people get noro virus.

I agree with this part completely. I did see the sign and, fortunately, did not observe anyone disobeying it. It would turn me off, too.

We were on Freedom in January and had exellent service. I can't remember encountering any rude employees on the ship.

Thank you!

We drink the water from our room tap all the time. DH adds ice from our ice bucket, I drink it at whatever temp the coldest is from the tap.

I think the OP has a legitimate complaint that the manner of refilling the water bottles grossed her out, but to use that as an excuse to slam Carnival and "never to cruise them again!" is over the top. I hate germs, too. If I had witnessed that scenario, I would have just avoided using the water refill station. Not sure what she saw in the pool. Perhaps it was some food, but if it had been a biohazard, I'm sure they would have emptied and cleaned and sanitized the pool. Just the whole tone of this post was enough to turn me off to the OP. I don't mind it when folks come here to let people know of a bad situation, but this was melodramatic, to me. I checked out some of her other posts and she does seem to be one who is hard to satisfy.

As for cheerleaders, well, there are plenty of people posting on Carnival threads that are anything but. And you see it on the boards of other cruise lines as well. I haven't cruised any other lines, but I certainly wouldn't go over there and bash them, either. I read of the death on RCCL last week. I wouldn't go over there and say, "Well, after this I would NEVER cruise RCCL!!" Some people just like to stir things up.

As I have mentioned before...this was MY experience. This was MY opinion which I am entititled to. For some of you ignorance is bliss. If I pay thousands of dollars for my vacation I expect certain things. If YOUR standards are LOWER then so be it. I am not beating you down when you post. Also, I have said before I have been on MANY cruises so I CAN compare experiences on different ships as well as different lines. The last time I was on Carnival I was not happy that is why it has been quite a number of years since I cruised with them and they were the only ones available last minute. You DID NOT pay for my trip and this was MY experience and I have a right to post it just as you do. I'm not asking you to agree with me. Carnival is losing enough business on it's own which is why they are running huge sales now. My post cannot hurt their reputation any more or less. Enough said.

I was on the Pride cruise right before the OP's and had a great trip. When I posted some random notes on CC last week, I did say that of all my prior Carnival cruises, the crew on the Pride, with the exception of our MDR waitstaff and the guys at the Pizza Pirate and the cleaning girl in the women's locker room, this Pride crew was the most unfriendly. But, I kinda like that--I don't feel like saying hello to every crew member walking past me and I don't really like to "chat" with them all of the time. The crew on the Pride were just a little different than other cruises, but I liked that. And, I look forward to my next Pride cruise, but I'm waiting for the 2.0 Upgrades. Will be cruising other Carnival ships until then.

Yes, there are signs on the Pride asking you not to refill your personal containers. I don't drink the lemonade, iced tea or water from those stations, but I do use the ice. When I was in those areas, I never saw anyone incorrectly using them.

Archived