oasis - cant book comedy?

So, we are going on the oasis 5/4, 30 days from now.

Just went to book the comedy show, and every single showing is "No longer available". Really? 30 days prior is not enough?

Other shows i was able to reserve, just not comedy show.

is this normal? or a problem with their website?

The comedy venue is very small compared to the other venues, so it would not surprise me that its booked at 30 days out. Try going to Studio B as soon as you board to get reservations. I believe they hold back some seats for on board booking.

i hope so, thats pretty disappointing that they would have an event that is virtually impossible to see.

is "Studio B" where the show is? and how do you get there once on the ship?

Studio B is where the ice show is held, among other events. It's on deck 4, entrance off the forward elevator lobby.

i hope so, thats pretty disappointing that they would have an event that is virtually impossible to see.

is "Studio B" where the show is? and how do you get there once on the ship?

you know the old saying "The early bird gets the worm"!! BTW I have always been able to book the show. The show is held in the Comedy Club on deck 4, just use the onboard touch screens to find it. Also keep checking, sometimes different venues open later than others

So, we are going on the oasis 5/4, 30 days from now.

Just went to book the comedy show, and every single showing is "No longer available". Really? 30 days prior is not enough?

Other shows i was able to reserve, just not comedy show.

is this normal? or a problem with their website?

Hi there - noticed you are on our sailing - come join us on our roll-call - its an awfully fun group... :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1444613

Barb

Or try going to the show on the 1st night. We did the 9pm show that night and there were empty seats. All the 'walk ups' got in.

Yep...If you get in line early you'll get in. I reserved the last night early show and there were plenty of seats.

Mike

There was a "family friendly" show in the main showroom later on in the week. It was recycled for the most part, so if you miss the regular show, you can walk in for this one.

However, I would take the advice already offered. When you get on the ship, go directly to book the regular comedy show. They have to be setting aside some seats for those who do not use computers.

There was a "family friendly" show in the main showroom later on in the week. It was recycled for the most part, so if you miss the regular show, you can walk in for this one.

However, I would take the advice already offered. When you get on the ship, go directly to book the regular comedy show. They have to be setting aside some seats for those who do not use computers.

The comedy club show has nothing to do with the one in the main showroom

you really can't compare the "Comedy Club" comics to the headliner shows with comics/magician/illusionist/jugglers. the Comedy Club comics are first rate, its not typically family friendly at all but absolutely great.

The best option is to get on board around 11 am. and go directly to Studio B which is acting as the boxoffice with many staff booking passengers shows. Even if you booked a show, but want to change the time, this is the place to go. Those lines do get very long on embarkation day, that is why its best to get there first.

They will open at 11. As others have said, if the seats don't fill up due to no shows, they open the door to standbyers

The comedy club show has nothing to do with the one in the main showroom

When we were on the Oasis, the comedy show in the main showroom had two of the three Comedy Club comedians appearing. One's show was straight from his appearance in the Comedy Club. The other one was not.

So, although it's not a repeat of the show in the Comedy Club, it can be a substitute show for those unable to get into the Comedy Club.

If you have tried to book any of the comedy shows you best way to get in is to get in line early on the first night. We did not have reservations so we got in line 25 minutes before the show started and we got in. The shows later in the cruise have fewer no shows and longer lines for standby.

Or try going to the show on the 1st night. We did the 9pm show that night and there were empty seats. All the 'walk ups' got in.

We were at a show later in the week and there were walkups lined up about 45 min prior. Many of them got in.

When we were on the Oasis, the comedy show in the main showroom had two of the three Comedy Club comedians appearing. One's show was straight from his appearance in the Comedy Club. The other one was not.

So, although it's not a repeat of the show in the Comedy Club, it can be a substitute show for those unable to get into the Comedy Club.

This is true and I should have said that, but as an adult, an an avid NY Comedy club follower, the shows in the comedy club are small, intimate and defiantly adult humor. Actually, when we saw the comedy club comic in the main theater later in the cruise, I thought it was a tad too risque for children and I'm not prude; but glad I didn't have a child in tow.

We are on the Allure sailing April 21, and when we were booking our shows, the comedy club was also sold out with the exception of the first day. We really didn't want to book anything on the first day, but we booked it as we didn't want to chance missing it. As other posters noted, the venue is small, and even though they have 16 comedy shows during the course of the cruise, it's not enough to accommodate all the passengers. I agree with the advice to try to go on stand-by for the first night, as that is probably the best night to try to see it. Have a great cruise!

Archived