NO Substitution For Sure!

beachh2o

If Grand Turk is not a Port of Call on cruises in the near future, then it should be substituted with a worthy Caribbean Port, not a Bahamian Port. In particular, I'm speaking of the cruises such as the FREEDOM - 8 day Exotic Southern Caribbean. Freeport and Nassau are not EXOTIC!

Grand Turk is one of the stops on our first leg of our b2b trip starting April 20th. Am hoping it is going to be open. Not sure what we will be doing when we get there as I wasnt' going to plan a shore excursion and then we don't even stop there

I am booked to stop there in June. I hope they have all their issues figured out by then. I know we should bring bottled water and not eat or drink anything from there, but my Grandkids want to go on the flo rider and I am sure they will be exposed to the water unless they can keep their mouths closed and that probably won't happen. LOL

If Grand Turk is not a Port of Call on cruises in the near future, then it should be substituted with a worthy Caribbean Port, not a Bahamian Port. In particular, I'm speaking of the cruises such as the FREEDOM - 8 day Exotic Southern Caribbean. Freeport and Nassau are not EXOTIC!

I agree- nothing exotic about Freeport. We enjoyed our cruise but were highly disappointed that Grand Turk was substituted with Freeport. :mad: IMO, they did this to save money. We really felt cheated-- we paid for Exotic Caribbean and got the Bahamas. Those cruises are much cheaper for a reason.

If you are going out of Galveston or NOLA Carnival calls Freeport and Nassau EASTERN Caribbean .. which to me they arent either.

Easterns out of TX go to Key West and those two Bahamas ports.

I'm surprised people want to go back to Grand Turk right now, even with the "no drinking water" advisory.

Seems pretty nasty to me... I wouldn't want to step foot off the ship until that place is 110% clean of leaking raw sewage. Guess some don't mind though. :eek:

I would be more concerned about the cruisers that don't follow the "no drinking the water" rule and bring that mess back onto the ship.....because all it takes is one...

Archived