Liberty of the Seas **LIVE** Transatlantic Review - 7th to 20th April 2013

Great review thanks! We board Liberty next Tuesday.

We will try your airport route out next week. How far is the walk along las ramblas (sp?) please? We will have a suit bag and small case both on wheels so hopefully our luggage won't get in the way on the stroll.

We were going to tour Barcelona on arrival but just want to have a leisurely amble to the ship and flop.

Great review thanks! We board Liberty next Tuesday.

We will try your airport route out next week. How far is the walk along las ramblas (sp?) please? We will have a suit bag and small case both on wheels so hopefully our luggage won't get in the way on the stroll.

We were going to tour Barcelona on arrival but just want to have a leisurely amble to the ship and flop.

Steady walking I'd say about 20 - 30 minutes. We had a really large suitcase each (with wheels) and 3 shoulder bags. It is a lovely walk. When you get to the top the aerobus services go from the right hand side of the plaza - numbers A1 & A2.

I am not the fittest of people and I was fine - ha ha ha !!!

Steady walking I'd say about 20 - 30 minutes. We had a really large suitcase each (with wheels) and 3 shoulder bags. It is a lovely walk. When you get to the top the aerobus services go from the right hand side of the plaza - numbers A1 & A2.

I am not the fittest of people and I was fine - ha ha ha !!!

Thank you for your reply! Great news. If it gets too much we will just have to stop for a refreshing beverage on the way

Really enjoyed reading your review - really makes me want to do a transatlantic crossing - just have to convince my partner that its something she really would like to do as well - in the meantime looking forward to boarding Liberty in May for our Med cruise - thanks for all the info on the ship.

Karen

Really enjoyed reading your review - really makes me want to do a transatlantic crossing - just have to convince my partner that its something she really would like to do as well - in the meantime looking forward to boarding Liberty in May for our Med cruise - thanks for all the info on the ship.

Karen

Go on . . . Convince her. Get her to read my review.

TA's are such good value :-)

I spent my lunch hour today reading your review. Didn't manage to finish and had to pull it back up when I got home. You did a great job. I've been eying the TA cruises for a couple years now and was drooling over the incredible breaks on the pricing a month ago ... they were practically giving the cabins away. Cruising as a single with my diamond balcony discount I could have had my pick of several different ships for under $1500 total. I'll do it one of these days.

In any event, I'm booked on the Liberty next year for spring break and I'm bringing the whole fan-damly. I actually prefer Vision or Radiance class, but the grandkids will have more options on this ship.

Thank you for all the detail. It's helping me clarify some of the things I wondered about. I'd really like to find a few friends to cruise with, but I'll try solo if I can't drum up any interest.

I spent my lunch hour today reading your review. Didn't manage to finish and had to pull it back up when I got home. You did a great job. I've been eying the TA cruises for a couple years now and was drooling over the incredible breaks on the pricing a month ago ... they were practically giving the cabins away. Cruising as a single with my diamond balcony discount I could have had my pick of several different ships for under $1500 total. I'll do it one of these days.

In any event, I'm booked on the Liberty next year for spring break and I'm bringing the whole fan-damly. I actually prefer Vision or Radiance class, but the grandkids will have more options on this ship.

Thank you for all the detail. It's helping me clarify some of the things I wondered about. I'd really like to find a few friends to cruise with, but I'll try solo if I can't drum up any interest.

I'm glad it helped :);):)

I would say Liberty has no or limited internet access in the middle of the pond.

Glen

We were on this cruise and from the middle of the Atlantic , our internet in our deck 9 statroom was fast enough to skype back to Canada.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel in Barcelona, prior and after the cruise? We will be cruising on the Liberty of the Seas in September.

We are staying at the Hotel Continental Barcelona located on Las Ramblas pre cruise our TA in November. Two nights totaled $300.00 which includes tax with the exception of a "tourist" tax which is a few Euros. There is a 24 hour tapas, wine & beer buffet, the only "negative" is the rooms are all decorated in pink.:D

Sherri:)

• 2 weeks later...

We are having to cancel this cruise due to my mum needing shoulder replacement but still waiting on date of op. :-( and insurers wanting over £400 to cover mum single trip !

Was so looking forward really disappointed but still have Oasis in Europe o look or ward to in 2014!!

Hope you all enjoy trip

Mark and Ann

• 1 month later...
Great question. I need one for next year.....

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel in Barcelona, prior and after the cruise? We will be cruising on the Liberty of the Seas in September.

The Banys Orientals in Barcelona is a nice boutique hotel with really good prices.

Ticktoneer:

Great review! Very helpful as we are planning our first TA on IOS this November.

Did they ever sort out the hot water problem for you?

Also, the movies that you listed in your sea day activities - were they shown on the stateroom TV's as well? Pay-per-view or free?

Thanks!!