Sydney cruises to nowhere

As others have said, no duty free. I think the prices on all the other items will be the same because most items have the price printed on the tag or on stick-on labels. I don't think they are going to bother re-tagging all the items in the shops, then re-doing it again before the next cruise back to the original price.:)

As others have said, no duty free. I think the prices on all the other items will be the same because most items have the price printed on the tag or on stick-on labels. I don't think they are going to bother re-tagging all the items in the shops, then re-doing it again before the next cruise back to the original price.:)

i fugured that may be the case but wanted to hear from someone who has been on one. Thanks for the replies.

No, they don't bother re-tagging them. But some will charge a surcharge on all that they sell.

I have had no problems or added price for buying watches, jewellery, clothing or handbags on these short cruises. That is on RCI or Princess. On Oriana short leg to Brisbane we were allowed only souvenir items up to $60 if I remember correctly and on QE it was a mess, allowed at first, then they panicked and no watches, jewellery, handbags to be sold only $10 specials allowed and some clothing.

The contents of the "shops" on board are such that all the stock can be packed away into boxes and a complete new range of goods put out for sale , in a few hours.... usually overnight.

You notice it most on a long cruise where they travel from say a cold to a hot climate. I am pretty sure that for a short cruise , they will stock up well with ship branded souvenirs .....on the first day there will be a line to get into the shop, and the shelves will be stripped bare .

Dont miss out.:eek:

Mr walker would be very surprised then at the number of people especially on the one night Voyager cruise that were lined up waiting for the shops to open!

I'm sure you are right. On recent Radiance cruise, it was very difficult to get thru the corridor past the shops from the theatre each evening, with all the bargain hunters gathered around the tables & the cruise was for 14 nights! Shopping is just not for me though :)

I know what you mean on the Radiance especially when they have their specials and sales in the centre of the corridor. But having done 6 cruises this season, I've told my husband there are only so many watches you can wear so don't even look - but I could always need a new handbag or purse!

If I was going on a short cruise, I think the last thing I would be thinking about would be shopping. Come to think of it, I didn't think about the shops on my last 14N cruise either :)

Hear hear! I avoid the shops too!

I mean how many cheap souvenirs or cheap watches does one need?

I must admit I'm one of those rare women who hates to shop! Much prefer to take in all the entertainment on board.

Still, to each their own!

We are on a cruise in December then on the same ship for a 3 nighter in Jan. My wife will check what is available and ask our daughters if they want anything. They usually want cosmetics as I am told they are a bargain on board.:rolleyes:

Archived