MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Very cool picture. Thanks for the share. I notice she does not have aft wrap balconies! :( I agree about Bermuda. We have been there 6x (both cruise and land vacations) but always on smaller ships so we were docked in Hamilton and then went to St. Georges via that little entry way. :eek: I think I am spoiled and wouldn't enjoy being at King's Wharf as much. :o

I've been to Bermuda so many times I've lost count, but it has to be close to 20. Two of my trips were cruises. We docked in Hamilton on the Greek Line - eons ago. The last was on RCL and we docked at King's Wharf. While I preferred docking right on Front St. King's Wharf was fine - it's a short ferry ride into Hamilton.

Bermuda is absolutely my favorite place to go and we stay in a cottage on the south shore. This is the view from the porch ...

p1577726918-3.jpg

I've been to Bermuda so many times I've lost count, but it has to be close to 20. Two of my trips were cruises. We docked in Hamilton on the Greek Line - eons ago. The last was on RCL and we docked at King's Wharf. While I preferred docking right on Front St. King's Wharf was fine - it's a short ferry ride into Hamilton.

Bermuda is absolutely my favorite place to go and we stay in a cottage on the south shore. This is the view from the porch ...

p1577726918-3.jpg

Love Bermuda. Lived there for four years when I was a kid. Have cruised there three times. Two of those times was on the NCL Majesty and we ported at St. George. Last time was on the NCL Dawn and we ported at King's Wharf. Much prefer porting in St. George but the entry way into the bay/port is too small for the larger ships to enter. I really wish Carnival would do a regular Bermuda cruise season run to Bermuda out of Boston. :)

p1577726918-3.jpg

We were there on a land triop and went out to Kings Wharf to check it out and saw Explorer of the Seas there. Couple of days later in downtown saw a HAL ship docked right downtown. Thought that was pretty cool!

Love Bermuda. Lived there for four years when I was a kid. Have cruised there three times. Two of those times was on the NCL Majesty and we ported at St. George. Last time was on the NCL Dawn and we ported at King's Wharf. Much prefer porting in St. George but the entry way into the bay/port is too small for the larger ships to enter. I really wish Carnival would do a regular Bermuda cruise season run to Bermuda out of Boston. :)

If Carnival did a Bermuda run out of Boston or NY - I'd do another cruise there. On our last one I woke up early enough to see the island come up on the horizon and then the dawn - it was awesome!

If Carnival did a Bermuda run out of Boston or NY - I'd do another cruise there. On our last one I woke up early enough to see the island come up on the horizon and then the dawn - it was awesome!

I always tell people if you have a chance... go to Bermuda! It's my favorite island to visit. When we lived there in the 1960's one of my parents favorite haunts was the Swizzle Inn so we always make a point when there to Swizzle Inn and Swagger Out. :p

I always tell people if you have a chance... go to Bermuda! It's my favorite island to visit. When we lived there in the 1960's one of my parents favorite haunts was the Swizzle Inn so we always make a point when there to Swizzle Inn and Swagger Out. :p

LOVE the Swizzle Inn - it's one of my favorite Bermuda spots! They opened a second one in Paget (or could be Warwick - it's near the border of the 2 parishes) on the South Rd.

I always get a pitcher of Swizzles, Portugese Red Bean Soup and a Monte Cristo sandwich. We love sitting on the terrace.

Everyone should experience Bermuda at least ONCE in their lifetime! :) Niece went down there last year and she said the Ridgewood PD patch we brought to the Swizzle Inn AGES AGO is still front and center above the bar! :D

Everyone should experience Bermuda at least ONCE in their lifetime! :) Niece went down there last year and she said the Ridgewood PD patch we brought to the Swizzle Inn AGES AGO is still front and center above the bar! :D

Not the cheapest place in the world though.

We booked at the end of last week for the 4/10/14 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. I'm so happy that they started cruising out of NY - we live in CT and flying to Ft. Lauderdale adds an expense and hassle we'd rather not take on when we are looking for a more relaxing type of vacation. This is my second cruise, my first one was 15 years ago on the Disney Magic, which was awesome; but this will be the first one for my boyfriend and my daughter. I've been poring over the boards here because I didn't plan the first cruise - it was an anniversary gift from my former father-in-law, who is obsessed with all things Disney.

We booked at the end of last week for the 4/10/14 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. I'm so happy that they started cruising out of NY - we live in CT and flying to Ft. Lauderdale adds an expense and hassle we'd rather not take on when we are looking for a more relaxing type of vacation. This is my second cruise, my first one was 15 years ago on the Disney Magic, which was awesome; but this will be the first one for my boyfriend and my daughter. I've been poring over the boards here because I didn't plan the first cruise - it was an anniversary gift from my former father-in-law, who is obsessed with all things Disney.

I think we are related:D:cool:

Does the Splendor have a burrito bar?

Yes, but never tried it. I had never had burrito or Mongolian wok stations (or fish and chips which Splendor doesn't have) on any of our ships, so I was going to be adventurous, but just stuck with my meat and potatoes! :p Lines were long. I would suggest getting there a few minutes before they open. Opening times are listed in the Fun Times. It changed from day to day.

Yes, but never tried it. I had never had burrito or Mongolian wok stations (or fish and chips which Splendor doesn't have) on any of our ships, so I was going to be adventurous, but just stuck with my meat and potatoes! :p Lines were long. I would suggest getting there a few minutes before they open. Opening times are listed in the Fun Times. It changed from day to day.

I've heard that the lines for the Mongolian Wok aren't too bad on the first day or so, and then people start discovering it. Perhaps I shouldn't tell people - the less people who know, the better for me :p

I've heard that the lines for the Mongolian Wok aren't too bad on the first day or so, and then people start discovering it. Perhaps I shouldn't tell people - the less people who know, the better for me :p

I have a few secrets I am keeping up my sleeve also!!! :p:o:rolleyes:;)

No - that's for sure! Which is why we only get to go every other year. It's worth every penny in our opinion - but it's not for everyone.

Remember our first sticker shock when satying at the Hamilton Princess and ordered two burgers and beers at the pool and the bill was 58 dollars:eek:

Gotta be cheaper then Grand Cayman. Maybe not, it has the same logistical issues.

True enough, ordered a round of drinks in the ST Regis (I think....or is ti Ritz Carlton...I can't remember) for four people and thought I had bought the bottle.

Edited by jimbo5544