MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

I try not to think about that! :D

Me too! However, it's good to remember there was nothing wrong with the Concordia per se and everything that happened was caused by human error. That said, can't wait to get aboard my splendid Concordia sister Splendor! :D:D

Me too! However, it's good to remember there was nothing wrong with the Concordia per se and everything that happened was caused by human error. That said, can't wait to get aboard my splendid Concordia sister Splendor! :D:D

This is true! I'm looking forward to sailing on her also!

I have a question for my Splendor experts. If you did fixed seating - not ATD/YTD was your dining room assignment Black Pearl or Gold Pearl related at all to your cabin location?

Our cabin is aft, so we're hoping for the Gold Pearl because the Black Pearl looks like it might be a bit of a pain to get to from the aft cabins. I know I can walk all the way down deck 6, but I'd rather just pop down the aft stairs.

I've been on 8 cruises on 3 different cruise lines. My experiences have been the EXACT opposite of what you claim.

New Yorkers are great! :)

I agree. I've been on several lines and twice out of NYC. Can't wait til December to go back. We had that nice of time that we think we'll make an annual trek of it. It's an easy train ride from Buffalo and a nice walk to the port from the hotel. I love NYC and New Yorkers. Go Yankees!!!:)

I have a question for my Splendor experts. If you did fixed seating - not ATD/YTD was your dining room assignment Black Pearl or Gold Pearl related at all to your cabin location?

Our cabin is aft, so we're hoping for the Gold Pearl because the Black Pearl looks like it might be a bit of a pain to get to from the aft cabins. I know I can walk all the way down deck 6, but I'd rather just pop down the aft stairs.

Typically if your cabin is aft and you have assigned seating your dining room will be aft. That is how it always seems to work for me anyways.

Typically if your cabin is aft and you have assigned seating your dining room will be aft. That is how it always seems to work for me anyways.

I hope so! I never paid much attention to the relationship of cabin to dining room assignment, but we've always had mid ship cabins. This time we are about as aft as you can go without falling off the ship! :D

Not sure what the driver is. We have been in forward cabins and gotten aft dining room. We always ask for aft, like having the windows.

I hope so! I never paid much attention to the relationship of cabin to dining room assignment, but we've always had mid ship cabins. This time we are about as aft as you can go without falling off the ship! :D
We enjoy aft wraps (although not all the time). It does make it easier to just walk down the stairs. That being said, we usually go for a cocktail before dinner which tend to be mid ship. Go figure. Edited by jimbo5544

You have a better chance of being in Gold. I beleive that ATD/YTD/MTD (whatever it is called) is the upper level of Black. We have never done it but that is what I recall. Our previous sailing on the splendor, we were in gold, Ken the singing Maitre'd.

Edited by jimbo5544

You have a better chance of being in Gold. I beleive that ATD/YTD/MTD (whatever it is called) is the upper level of Black. We have never done it but that is what I recall. Our previous sailing on the splendor, we were in gold, Ken the singing Maitre'd.

We did ATD/YTD for the very first time when we sailed the Splendor a few weeks ago and we were in black LOWER level. :) Kath, why don't you go to a Splendor roll call that has already sailed and ask if anyone had an aft cabin and what dining room they were in. I know there was someone on our roll call who was in the aft wrap right next to us on deck 8. They got married in St. Thomas! :D

We did ATD/YTD for the very first time when we sailed the Splendor a few weeks ago and we were in black LOWER level. :) Kath, why don't you go to a Splendor roll call that has already sailed and ask if anyone had an aft cabin and what dining room they were in.

I was on the Splendor in October. Aft cabin, aft dining room. Same thing when I sailed on her in 2009. Aft cabin, aft dining room. Every ship I've ever sailed... aft cabin, aft dining.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 2462 and have photos. We have it booked for the kids and wondering if enough room to separate the beds. Where is the tv located? Is it between the two windows on the wall or in the desk area. Is there a couch in this room?

Thanks for any info you can provide ;)

Even separated the beds would be side by side but they do go together.

IMG_1268.JPG

Some of the handicap cabins on the front of the ship have the beds head to head, not next to each other but separated. That is why I was wondering about the Splendor. I was thinking of booking this for my girls. It only sleeps 2, but they will want to push the beds together and have all 3 girls sleep in there and let grandma have a room to herself. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the other setup or that wouldn't work.

Maggie

We did ATD/YTD for the very first time when we sailed the Splendor a few weeks ago and we were in black LOWER level. :) Kath, why don't you go to a Splendor roll call that has already sailed and ask if anyone had an aft cabin and what dining room they were in. I know there was someone on our roll call who was in the aft wrap right next to us on deck 8. They got married in St. Thomas! :D

Been the same for us when we were aft, my point is that we sailed the Splendor we were in a spa suite 1024 front of the ship and we were in aft, 4 cruises on the Liberty all forward cabins including the captains suite front of the ship and we were in aft dining room. It's more than where your room is (although it may play a part).

We enjoy aft wraps (although not all the time). It does make it easier to just walk down the stairs. That being said, we usually go for a cocktail before dinner which tend to be mid ship. Go figure.

We do too, but I understand that the Martini/wine bar on the Splendor (thanks Karen!) is located near the Gold Pearl! Not far from those aft stairs, actually!

That's an idea - thanks! After what we see our assignment is we may go see the Maitre d' if it's not what we want - see if we can get switched. I'm just not sure how that will work out because we will be on line at the Shore Excursions to book the Behind the Fun tour.

Must have been lovely getting married in St Thomas!

We do too, but I understand that the Martini/wine bar on the Splendor (thanks Karen!) is located near the Gold Pearl! Not far from those aft stairs, actually!

It's true it is back by "those" stairs. Spent some time there. The other thing you could do is email the Maitre'd and ask them your request.

I agree. I've been on several lines and twice out of NYC. Can't wait til December to go back. We had that nice of time that we think we'll make an annual trek of it. It's an easy train ride from Buffalo and a nice walk to the port from the hotel. I love NYC and New Yorkers. Go Yankees!!!:)

After this past series with the Yankees, I am proud to say LETS GO METS!!!::D

I agree about NYC. I live on LI and try to get in to the city a couple times a year. Awesome street fairs and markets this time of year and of course no Christmas is complete without a trip to see the tree!

We are getting ready to book the Splendor for the first time.

In looking at the layout, there is a rotisserie. From doing searches,

I have found that it serves chicken, but I can't find a menu specific to it.

Does it serve anything besides chicken?

Looks like one of those out of the way places, like fish & chips

or pasta, that is easily overlooked early in a cruise.

thanks

thanks

It is like that. It will get more traffic as the week goes on. Same with the buritto bar.

thanks

Chicken and sides, that's it.

thanks

It is over the pool. If I wasn't told it was up there I would never have known! They have chicken which I never tried, but also baked potatoes with bacon, cheese and sour cream, corn on the cob and baked macaroni. Get a bowl of macaroni and put some bacon on top! YUMM! It was never crowded.