MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

How are the safes operated? I'm reading some general tips about Carnival ships and sine people recommend bringing an old gift card to use...is this applicable to the Splendor?

No cards on Splendor. You put in a code.

I am considering booking the Splendor for 12/19/13 and was hoping someone could provide some insight (pictures) of room 6475. I have never heard, nor seen an "L-shaped" cabin before. I have never had an aft room and would like to try one. If this specific cabin is not a good one, can any of you recommend a good aft cabin that is not a suite?

Thanks!!!!

I am considering booking the Splendor for 12/19/13 and was hoping someone could provide some insight (pictures) of room 6475. I have never heard, nor seen an "L-shaped" cabin before. I have never had an aft room and would like to try one. If this specific cabin is not a good one, can any of you recommend a good aft cabin that is not a suite?

Thanks!!!!

We are booked in 6485 for a cruise on June 10th - I'll have pics of that one soon! It's an aft wrap, but I'm not sure I'd bother with it for a Dec. cruise. It's gonna be cold on those sea days.

We are getting ready to book the Splendor for the first time.

In looking at the layout, there is a rotisserie. From doing searches,

I have found that it serves chicken, but I can't find a menu specific to it.

Does it serve anything besides chicken?

Looks like one of those out of the way places, like fish & chips

or pasta, that is easily overlooked early in a cruise.

thanks

It's right above the aft pool & was never crowded. There are tables right outside in a shaded area overlooking the pool. One day we brought a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket & grabbed a table & enjoyed some chicken, mac & cheese, & right down the outside stairs got a pastrami sandwich from the deli & a salad from the tandoor...Great afternoon picnic!. The only downside is that the tables are in a designated smoking area & there always seemed to be someone smoking a pipe. After a few glasses of champagne the smoke wasn't as bothersome..LOL! Enjoy, it's a great spot

Edited by absolutely brilliant

Thanks!!!!

Cabin #6475 balcony...

lgpic1324173714.jpg

Cabin #6475...

lgpic1324173800.jpg

OK all you Splendor experts......I have white space next to my cabin and balcony. Any chance my balcony will be bigger and extend into that white space?

Hard to say, without knowing the location. Some whitespace on the outside is staff cabins.

Cabin #6475 balcony...

lgpic1324173714.jpg

Cabin #6475...

lgpic1324173800.jpg

Ahhhh! I've been looking for pictures of this cabin as we are going to be in it in 10 days! How did you like it? Was the lounge chair ready on the deck or did you have to request it? And were there any noise issues? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the pics!

Ahhhh! I've been looking for pictures of this cabin as we are going to be in it in 10 days! How did you like it? Was the lounge chair ready on the deck or did you have to request it? And were there any noise issues? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the pics!

Not my pics, but a friend's. We will be on the Splendor for the first time in August. We have an Aft Wrap #6450.

Two quick questions, Do they do movies at night, I cannot find it on the FunTimes if so what movies do they play, My dad wanted to know where is the ice cream at, That is the first thing he is going to get

Thanks

Two quick questions, Do they do movies at night, I cannot find it on the FunTimes if so what movies do they play, My dad wanted to know where is the ice cream at, That is the first thing he is going to get

Thanks

They do movies but I don't know what times they are. The movies change around so perhaps someone who sailed recently has a Fun Times.

I had asked about the ice cream awhile ago and IIRC- the answer was back by the aft pool.

I have a question for my Splendor experts. If you did fixed seating - not ATD/YTD was your dining room assignment Black Pearl or Gold Pearl related at all to your cabin location?

Our cabin is aft, so we're hoping for the Gold Pearl because the Black Pearl looks like it might be a bit of a pain to get to from the aft cabins. I know I can walk all the way down deck 6, but I'd rather just pop down the aft stairs.

I did not notice. But I was mid ship and I was in the gold pearl.

They do movies but I don't know what times they are. The movies change around so perhaps someone who sailed recently has a Fun Times.

I had asked about the ice cream awhile ago and IIRC- the answer was back by the aft pool.

There are 2 ice cream/yogurt stations on either side of the buffet. They are near the beverage stations. You can't miss them if you are walking from forward to aft on the lido deck

The movies were usually pretty late at night if I remember correctly because they were after the deck parties, there are 2 deck parties, & after the outdoor karaoke which they had a couple of nights until at least 10

They had other things playing on the outdoor screen at various times such as concerts & cirque du soleil. I know they had Beach Boys concert once while I was eating pizza..

Edited by absolutely brilliant

It's right above the aft pool & was never crowded. There are tables right outside in a shaded area overlooking the pool. One day we brought a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket & grabbed a table & enjoyed some chicken, mac & cheese, & right down the outside stairs got a pastrami sandwich from the deli & a salad from the tandoor...Great afternoon picnic!. The only downside is that the tables are in a designated smoking area & there always seemed to be someone smoking a pipe. After a few glasses of champagne the smoke wasn't as bothersome..LOL! Enjoy, it's a great spot

Go to the aft Lido cafe and there are stairs leading up to the Rotisserie. That's the easiest way to find it. The chicken comes in various flavors each day. Jerk, Orange, regular. We ate there often. Not crowded most of the time except you often have the card players taking up space during meal times. There are a lot of tables inside. Access via aft elevators deck 10 too.

Edited by Mulege

i will be on her tomorrow

I will be on her too, cant wait!!!..Another 24ish more hours to go

Can anyone confirm that the ship time is the same time as Grand Turk time? Just trying to plan a private excursion.

Thanks,

Maggie

Yes, Grand Turk follows regular US Eastern Time. Here is the current time for Grand Turk: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=739

How are the safes operated? I'm reading some general tips about Carnival ships and sine people recommend bringing an old gift card to use...is this applicable to the Splendor?

No need to use another card your room key will work just fine for the safe if you have a magnetic one

i will be on her tomorrow

I will be on her too, cant wait!!!..Another 24ish more hours to go

BON VOYAGE to both of you. Hate to tell you this, but I know at least one poster who is going to wish your cruise goes very fast (Good morning Kat/Kath! :D) Have a BLAST!

Do the things they play on the screen ever get distracting if you just want to relax poolside? Also when is the best time to go to the pool? I don't want to have to deal with chair hogs :rolleyes:

There's a lot of stuff going on around the pool throughout the day & it can get hectic at times, loud DJ music, hairy chest contests etc. but there are other pool choices besides the main pool so we usually sat out back by the liner pool. They have adult contemporary pop music piped in as well as a couple of hot tubs. It's right behind the deli & Tandoor & the Rotisserie is right up the outside stairs. The pool is small but there are lots of seating options in both the sun & the shade & also on the deck above with beautiful aft views.

No need to use another card your room key will work just fine for the safe if you have a magnetic one

I answered this-see post 626. Splendor safes use a CODE not a CARD. Type in the code as soon as you get to your cabin and it's yours for the week to open or lock. ;)

There's a lot of stuff going on around the pool throughout the day & it can get hectic at times, loud DJ music, hairy chest contests etc. but there are other pool choices besides the main pool so we usually sat out back by the liner pool. They have adult contemporary pop music piped in as well as a couple of hot tubs. It's right behind the deli & Tandoor & the Rotisserie is right up the outside stairs. The pool is small but there are lots of seating options in both the sun & the shade & also on the deck above with beautiful aft views.

That's what we did. Went back and forth to pools depending on what action was going on! :p Beware the deck at the aft pool. It gets VERY HOT when the sun is out. Saw MANY pax who did not have their shoes/sandals running across the deck or "swishing" on their towel. :eek: