Constellation update flyer

kk99

Where is the space coming from for new cabins?

Constellation is my favorite Celebrity Ship.

As on the other M Class ships....New AQ cabins, (and a few inside cabins)...on AFT-Deck 11, where the Fun Factory used to be....(Fun Factory moved to foreward area of Deck 11, and takes up some of the Reflections Lounge area)...New Ocean View cabins on Deck 3 with the removal and re-configuration of the Cinema/Conference area.

Woody

Where is the space coming from for new cabins?

Constellation is my favorite Celebrity Ship.

The space comes from eliminating 2/3 of the path around deck 11, from the back of the pool to the aft. This eliminates a lot of deck chair space and most of the jogging/walking path. The only remaining jogging walking path will be around the crowded area on deck 11 overlooking the pool which will not be even more crowded then it was.

The sky lounge will be reduced in size and a portion of it will be used for the fun factory which is being relocated from the interior area inside that aft pathway on deck 11.

Did anyone besides me notice that they listed the dates for her revitalization as 4/15 to 5/6? Hoping that's a typo as the transatlantic is scheduled for 5/5 and all of us have made our hotel/air reservations around this.

If there were a change in sail date would Celebrity provide any compensation for additional hotel nights in Miami?

All of the upgrades are basically to add or convert cabins to the AQ class, and add more cabins without increasing the public areas. Those not in AQ will not really benefit and in most cases it will take away from what you liked about the Connie.

The Blu restuarant will also eliminate about 1/2 of the 2nd floor of the MDR.

They are replacing the loungers around the pool area and that is needed, but it looks as if the sad furniture on the balconies will be the same.

Really not that excited about it after being on the Summit in AQ.

I think she will get new balcony furniture. All other M-class ships got it and I don't recall any publicity about it before or after. I can't imagine they'd spend all this money and not update the Connie to be like the rest of the fleet in that one area.

Hope so because after our cruise on her last week the biggest weak point in the cabin was the condition of the balcony and the balcony furniture....we look forward to AQ and Blu though as Select Dining was not great and we don't like assigned dining times....

Connie was in overall great shape for a ship her age....we had a great time!!:)

One big change is the addition of ship wide WiFi. One will be able to access the internet in their cabin using their preferred device instead of having to go to a public lounge.

ALL of the other Celebrity ships already have ship wide WiFi and it makes a huge difference when trying to check email and access the internet.

Hopefully they will also upgrade the satellite system to the new Harris system already installed on the Solstice class ships. I have used it and the new system is night and day faster than the Connie has now (like dial up vs cable).

Archived