Carnival Ship Fails CDC Inspection

LauraS

I would think a roach nymph would be almost microscopic!

Yes.

I'm sure this is a sticky to avoid 200 threads on it.

Doubtful! This sticky was posted yesterday and I just saw the first regular thread about this today. :/ Besides, when have stickies ever prevented CC posters from making new threads every five minutes about the same darn thing over and over again??

The Celebrity failings were in the news.

I don't remember ever hearing about it. I didn't know about Carnival's either until I came here and saw the sticky created by Laura. :rolleyes:

Laura - are you planning on doing a sticky for the Splendor news? They had scored 100% ... isn't that equally important?

I wouldn't hold my breath! LOL Still have created any stickies about Celebrity's TWO failed inspections nor Princesses failed inspection.

I might be winning the medal for Carnival Cheerleader today but I don't care. Fair is fair and it seems like CC is trashing on Carnival.

• Administrators
I find it interesting that Laura posts a sticky for Carnival, yet no sticky on Princess or Celebrity which has 2 ships that failed. :eek:

Here's how these work.

A news article is published.

It is picked up with an RSS feed, posted on the respective cruise line forum and is "stickied" for a 24-hour period. After that timeframe, it automatically becomes unstuck, and takes its place on the forum just like any other posting.

All news articles are treated this way*. So, when the Celebrity and Princess ships's news stories were published, they too were posted on the cruise line forum, stuck and unstuck as stated above.

*The only exception would be if the article did not have a cruise line name in it's title. The RSS feed wouldn't know what to look for and where to post it.

Laura

• Administrators
Laura - are you planning on doing a sticky for the Splendor news? They had scored 100% ... isn't that equally important?

If the editorial team wants to write about that, the "feed" will pick it up and post it.

Laura

• Administrators
:rolleyes:

And who cares if Princess and Celebrity haven't had the unfortunate pleasure (not really) of gaining media attention?? Does that give them a free pass on this info being made public on CC just like Carnivals was? It seems like and has been proven that CC admin are not fans of Carnival. However, since they run a website specifically catering to cruisers and cruiselines they should probably be careful about the way they handle these types of things. They should be fair and not trash some lines while promoting others nor should they be posting sticky notes for every little incident Carnival has and turning a blind eye to incidents on other lines. Just saying... ;)

I've clearly outlined how we post news stories on the forums (and for the record as well we have an entire forum dedicated to ALL news published by our editorial team, you can find it linked off of the boards homepage). To top THAT off, you can subscribe to all our news via an RSS feed if you so desire, here's a link: http://feeds.cruisecritic.com/site/cc/news

I'm not an editor, and rarely do I speak for others in this company but on this issue I have no qualms about doing so. Doesn't matter which line has a CDC indiscretion (that's what I call 'em); Cruise Critic will report on it. You'll find both the Celebrity and Princess news stories about their CDC issues listed on our News page: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/?src=nav

We post "sticky" notes on all news; and to be honest a CDC failure is not a "little incident" for any cruise line.

Laura

• Administrators

Look! Lots and lots of Cruise Critic news articles about CDC inspection failures:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/search/results.cfm?q=CDC

I think you'll find this interesting: What's in a CDC Score; and what happens when a ship fails

I think I would only be interested in ships failing. It would be part of my ship selection process. Like accidents vs. uneventful complete trips, or deaths vs those that made it through the day.

News is usually more interesting reporting on the odd things out.

• Administrators
Laura will u marry me?

Now that is something I have not read before.

Me too, Jimbo. Me too. Um, thanks (I think) Geegitz!?!?:eek:

• Administrators
I think I would only be interested in ships failing. It would be part of my ship selection process. Like accidents vs. uneventful complete trips, or deaths vs those that made it through the day.

News is usually more interesting reporting on the odd things out.

For those so inclined on keeping up with scores, we DO maintain this data on our site (and as you can see, it has been updated with the perfect Carnival Splendor score): CDC Scores

PS: No, I don't personally maintain that list so if there are errors....they WILL be updated by a staffer at some point in time.

Wow. Useful info posted ( really useful) and people claim it's false, something sinister or agenda again carnival

Or harp that other fail too

It's a big deal she failed , in light of all the issues carnival had this is one completely in thier control

Move along nothing to see or report on

Wow. Useful info posted ( really useful) and people claim it's false, something sinister or agenda again carnival

Or harp that other fail too

It's a big deal she failed , in light of all the issues carnival had this is one completely in thier control

Move along nothing to see or report on

It's been pretty amazing, since all these incidents have started, everyone from CNN, Fox, NBC, Cruise Critic, Bush, and the Vikings being blamed, and other incidents on other lines being brought up to level the playing field in an attempt to make Carnival look better. (HUH?)

But one fact remains on this thread. The Fascination failed it's CDC inspection. Period.

It's been pretty amazing, since all these incidents have started, everyone from CNN, Fox, NBC, Cruise Critic, Bush, and the Vikings being blamed,

Which Vikings? The Minnesota Vikings or the ones that roamed the seas about 1,000 years ago? :confused:

Archived