Carnival Ship Fails CDC Inspection

LauraS

its not unusual for the Hotel director, head chef and restaurant manager to be fired for this. The cruise lines take a failure very seriously.

here is the actual report

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTgwMDAyODY%3d-%2fnRSDdIhEz8%3d

here is the correction report

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionCorrectiveActionReport.aspx

I personally like the response on number 72(the fly flew away)

I find it interesting that Laura posts a sticky for Carnival, yet no sticky on Princess or Celebrity which has 2 ships that failed. :eek:

Is Laura responsible for the Princess and Celebrity boards, or only for the Carnival board?

I am happy to read that the inspections are bringing to light areas that need improvement to keep all of Carnival's passengers and crew safe. There shouldn't be much wiggle room in critical sanitation standards. I would expect no less in any restaurant that I eat in.

OMG!!! Roaches and under-chlorinated water. Totally not acceptable.

I can overlook the fly, because you are in open water in nature with doors constantly opening and closing, and can't control a fly coming in. Everyone has had a fly come into their house.

BUT ROACHES! this is a sign of being unsanitary. No excuse for roaches - period.

Also shocked they were cited for staff not reporting and being isolated for gastro issues. All the grief they give passengers about norovirus and all the sanitizers, and they are not even sticking to their own rules. think how many people 1 staff member comes in contact with! They do multiple jobs all around the ship. I am thinking CCL is more concerned with getting the work done than the health of the staff.

What are your thoughts?

I find it interesting that Laura posts a sticky for Carnival, yet no sticky on Princess or Celebrity which has 2 ships that failed. :eek:

Well Princess and Celebrity have not stranded thousands of passengers in a cesspool of raw sewage... just sayin.

I for one appreciate this post. I was not even aware you could look up the CDC reports. I will bookmark the CDC site and use it as a resource for picking future cruises.

THANKS LAURA!

I can overlook the fly, because you are in open water in nature with doors constantly opening and closing, and can't control a fly coming in. Everyone has had a fly come into their house.

BUT ROACHES! this is a sign of being unsanitary. No excuse for roaches - period.

Also shocked they were cited for staff not reporting and being isolated for gastro issues. All the grief they give passengers about norovirus and all the sanitizers, and they are not even sticking to their own rules. think how many people 1 staff member comes in contact with! They do multiple jobs all around the ship. I am thinking CCL is more concerned with getting the work done than the health of the staff.

What are your thoughts?

Roaches are a delicacy in some countries

Well Princess and Celebrity have not stranded thousands of passengers in a cesspool of raw sewage... just sayin.

I for one appreciate this post. I was not even aware you could look up the CDC reports. I will bookmark the CDC site and use it as a resource for picking future cruises.

THANKS LAURA!

:rolleyes: I think calling the Triumph situation "a cesspool of raw sewage" is really reaching! Especially since cruisers who were on that particular ship came back here and reported it was not half as bad as the news media made it out to be.

It's a shame really how the media can spin a story into this horrible dramatic event to have viewers sitting on the edge of their seats, glued to the television, and sucking in and believing all of the grossly exaggerated crap they spew for hours! What happened on the Triumph is NOT Carnival specific and could very well happen on any cruise ship. ;)

And who cares if Princess and Celebrity haven't had the unfortunate pleasure (not really) of gaining media attention?? Does that give them a free pass on this info being made public on CC just like Carnivals was? It seems like and has been proven that CC admin are not fans of Carnival. However, since they run a website specifically catering to cruisers and cruiselines they should probably be careful about the way they handle these types of things. They should be fair and not trash some lines while promoting others nor should they be posting sticky notes for every little incident Carnival has and turning a blind eye to incidents on other lines. Just saying... ;)

What are your thoughts?

Insects (flies and roaches) and even rodents will be ANYWHERE that cooks and serves large amounts of food, regardless of how clean the place is kept. It's gross to think about but it's true! The issue with pests is not Carnival specific, there have been other ships (Celebrity for example) that have been cited for pest issues. The thing though is to make sure that the areas are being treated for the pests and cleaned on a daily basis to keep the issue under control.

Also, other cruiselines have been cited for allowing/making sick crew members report for work. Again, not Carnival specific!

Insects (flies and roaches) and even rodents will be ANYWHERE that cooks and serves large amounts of food, regardless of how clean the place is kept.

Truth! It's not like Carnival (or any other cruiseline) did anything 'wrong' to make roaches appear. The fact is...each ship is a floating city. Within that city, they house guests and crew. Guests and crew bring on luggage. Luggage sometimes houses its' own guests! As can, potentially, the containers of food/supplies from vendors, etc. So it's not like the roaches/pests just magically appear on ship, they were transported on by guests, crew, or outside vendors.

Does that mean anyone wants to have a roach crawling around their food, rooms, or elsewhere? No way! And appropriate action should be taken. But, it can, and does, happen any and everywhere, and can often manifest itself even with an ongoing pest control schedule. I still remember my freshman year in undergrad when I told my mom they were spraying for roaches in the dorm. She wouldn't let me bring my laundry in the house! LOL.

Truth! It's not like Carnival (or any other cruiseline) did anything 'wrong' to make roaches appear. The fact is...each ship is a floating city. Within that city' date=' they house guests and crew. Guests and crew bring on luggage. Luggage sometimes houses its' own guests! As can, potentially, the containers of food/supplies from vendors, etc. So it's not like the roaches/pests just magically appear on ship, they were transported on by guests, crew, or outside vendors.

Does that mean anyone wants to have a roach crawling around their food, rooms, or elsewhere? No way! And appropriate action should be taken. But, it can, and does, happen any and everywhere, and can often manifest itself even with an ongoing pest control schedule. I still remember my freshman year in undergrad when I told my mom they were spraying for roaches in the dorm. She wouldn't let me bring my laundry in the house! LOL.[/quote']

Oh yea I agree! I wasn't saying it's something that should be accepted! Definitely not! I can understand that they'll be present where ever there's a food source but I DO NOT want to see them. They should have a proper pest control plan and schedule in place.

Last week i took a behind the fun tour on the Elation, we went in the galley. I was totally supprise how clean looking it was. Ofcourse i am not a food inspector, but i have no problems with eating the food on the ship after going on the tour. If you would like to see the other part of the ship that pax do not see, take a tour, it was worth the money. I will try to do this on the Sunshine in Dec. :D

:rolleyes: I think calling the Triumph situation "a cesspool of raw sewage" is really reaching! Especially since cruisers who were on that particular ship came back here and reported it was not half as bad as the news media made it out to be.

It's a shame really how the media can spin a story into this horrible dramatic event to have viewers sitting on the edge of their seats, glued to the television, and sucking in and believing all of the grossly exaggerated crap they spew for hours! What happened on the Triumph is NOT Carnival specific and could very well happen on any cruise ship. ;)

And who cares if Princess and Celebrity haven't had the unfortunate pleasure (not really) of gaining media attention?? Does that give them a free pass on this info being made public on CC just like Carnivals was? It seems like and has been proven that CC admin are not fans of Carnival. However, since they run a website specifically catering to cruisers and cruiselines they should probably be careful about the way they handle these types of things. They should be fair and not trash some lines while promoting others nor should they be posting sticky notes for every little incident Carnival has and turning a blind eye to incidents on other lines. Just saying... ;)

Beginning to look like someone has an agenda.

Just this man's opinion, take it for what it's worth ;)

Archived