Favorite CD

msstarr22

Jorge Solarno was definitely my favorite - hilarious! Next would be Corey Schmidt (sadly no longer on this earth) and his amazing bird show. As for recent CD's - Josh was okay and we just had Jen on the Sensation, also pretty good. But Jorge was the standout CD IMHO.

We have only been on 3 cruises, but in order of best to least the winner is:

Karl with a K!!!! He was terrific.

then comes Weeeee Jimmy. He was good, but it was really a different crowd.

Then we have big Tex. He wasn't bad, but since he was the first one we had, we didn't know what to expect.

Karl with K beat both of them hands down.

Thank you everyone for posting. What is it you like best about the CD's mentioned? I am sailing on the Glory in November and the CD is Matt Mitcham. I have not seen anyone mention him. I would like to see if anyone has sailed with him and if he stands out in anyone's mind? I sailed with Jorge, as everyone has stated he was very funny so sad he is no longer with Carnival. I have also sailed with Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman also a very fun guy. So now I hope to enjoy this new fellow but would like the thoughts of those who have sailed with him.

Edited by msstarr22
typo

Most of the CD's we've sailed with have been forgettable....except for Karl with a K, and Butch, who we absolutely love! They are both funny, and really put themselves out there. We also remember Jen, but not in a good way. We felt she wasn't very visible on our cruise, and kind of "blah". Maybe she was just having a bad week, because I have heard good things about her!

I've sailed with some that people rave about and I can't remember anything memorable about them. Once on a charter when they were quiet and once when they were CD. Some were very annoying. I did think Karl with a K was the best- personable, funny and not "hokey." I can't even tell you who was the CD on my cruise in November.

I liked Steve Cassel on the Paradise last year. He sure can play that fiddle!

I agree....he was CD on the first cruise we took on the Holiday...sure miss that little ship!! Would love seeing him and his amazing Fiddle again on what ever ship he now sails....

I agree...Jorge is amazing! Gary was great, Tex was great, but Jorge outshines them all.

Sailed with him twice on the Glory as CD and got to know him.

Last year on the Dream he was one of the comedians and went up to him before the comedy brunch and amazingly he remembered us.

I hope this isn't a flame issue but will ask anyway. Do you have a favorite CD and why do you like them? Lets leave John Heald out of this one as I know so many have a love/hate relationship there. I am interested in knowing the reasons people like their CD's! Who do you like to see on the ship you are sailing! Do they cater to you? Do they stop and see if you are having a good cruise? I have sailed numerous times and I only have 1 who stands out! I will save that for later and why?

The two best Carnival had have unfortunately left this planet.

Dave Armor

Corey Schmidt

I really liked Gary Brierly on our last cruise! He was possibly one of the best cds we have ever had.

I'm glad to know you think highly of Gary. We had him on Conquest (Sept 2012) and felt the complete opposite. He was seen at the main shows, heard a couple of times in announcements, but never seen elsewhere...it was as though he had no desire to be seen by passengers. And when he spoke at the main shows, it was as though he was trying to be insincere.

Has anyone sailed with Pete Liebenberg? Any thoughts?

We have sailed with Trevor twice, Felipe, and Jen twice. We didn't care for Trevor at all. We liked the other two though.

Sorry to hear this...we sailed with Trevor once and really liked him very much. He was quite nice and very approachable whenever we saw him out and about. We were bummed to learn that he left Carnival.

Edited by nchikk