Automatic Upgrade to Diamond Crown&Anchor? Welcome Package?

Recently, I completed my 10th cruise credit which puts me at the Diamond level of the Crown & Anchor Society. Can you please tell me from experience, if I am upgraded from Platinum to Diamond automatically? Should I receive a welcome package with coupons and a “diamond” pin to be recognized at check-in? (Some cruisers told me to look out for it, because the coupons would be good for any cruise..)

I would like to know what to expect because I am getting conflicting information. When I went from Gold to Platinum, it was overlooked by the Crown&Anchor Society. Accidentally, the onboard Loyalty Ambassador found out and corrected my account.

Thank you for your help!

I had to call crown and anchor when we went from gold to platinum. They then sent the upgrade package which contained lapel pins, luggage tags and new cards. I expect to have to call again in March after our 10th RCL cruise on the Enchantment so we will have the diamond idenity for any future cruses. :)

My wife received a letter and nothing else when we went from Gold to Platinum after our last cruise and I didn't receive anything. They didn't even want me to be platinum. But an e-mail explaining that I wouldn't let her cruise without me and they upgrade me too.

Lapel Pins – Luggage tags ???

We’ve been diamond for a while and have never received any of these things. I don’t need the lapel pins but the luggage tags would be nice.

Anyone else receive any “gifts” when becoming Diamond?

Marci

Our Grandeur cruise, 4/30-5/7 was our diamond...we received a letter from C&A , maybe three weeks ago, welcoming us to diamond status. That was IT. When we reached platinum last year it took a couple of months but we got lapel pins with that letter. Have to admit that I was surprised at the lack of anything but a form letter (not even a date on it) for Diamond!! I believe they are finally upgrading their system so that all of the details are downloaded rather than manually entered as they were...

Congratulations!!

We got a welcome letter when we went from Platinum to Diamond. Then on our first Diamond cruise we received the pins along with nightly food gifts before dinner (chocolate coverd strawberries, fruit plate....changed every night.) And of course the "Diamond Member" on our blue cards. The first thing you would probabbly see is the Diamond level coupon book the first night. If you don't see anything after the first night, I would contact the loyalty ambassador.

I'll become 'platinum' after my cruise next month. The brochure says that 'platinum' qualifies you for 'special rates' on balcony and above cabins. What kind of savings did you receive? We've already booked a cruise for October ---- will we qualify for a refund for whatever the savings is?

I've sent emails to RCI but all I get back is a verbatum quote of what you get when you turn platinum --- the exact info that I've already read on their website.

And --- I assume that after I return from Alaska next month I better call RCI to make sure they process my upgrade status??

Thanks!

Lapel Pins – Luggage tags ???

We’ve been diamond for a while and have never received any of these things. I don’t need the lapel pins but the luggage tags would be nice.

Anyone else receive any “gifts” when becoming Diamond?

Marci

We didn't get these gifts either. We got luggage tags when we reach platinum but not diamond.

We just got a letter when we went from Platinum to Diamond, nothing else. We have never recieved any luggage tags. We got some Diamond lapel pins from our Loyalty Ambassador while we were on the Legend OTS. That was our first Diamond Level cruise. Also when we went from Gold to Platinum, we recieved nothing, not even a letter.

Mike

I called C&A yesterday with the same question - their answer is they do NOTHING special until Diamond Plus. No new Luggage Tags as they did for Platinum and no pins or cards. We still haven;t recieved ANYTHING from Captain's Club either. Supposedly you don't need it - but I would have liked the pin for my Travel Hat.

I competed my tenth cruise credit in March and received the "Welcome to Diamond Member" letter about a month later. There were no coupons or pins or luggage tags, just the letter. Of course, you do get benefits on board. On my last cruise the Diamond coupon book and a letter and key for the Concierge lounge were in my cabin when I arrived and later during the cruise I got the welcome back gift (this year's is a tote bag, I have three of the hanging toiletry bags from last year).

I'll become 'platinum' after my cruise next month. The brochure says that 'platinum' qualifies you for 'special rates' on balcony and above cabins. What kind of savings did you receive? We've already booked a cruise for October ---- will we qualify for a refund for whatever the savings is?

I've sent emails to RCI but all I get back is a verbatum quote of what you get when you turn platinum --- the exact info that I've already read on their website.

And --- I assume that after I return from Alaska next month I better call RCI to make sure they process my upgrade status??

Thanks!

You will receive 100.00 off a balcony per cabin for platinum. they give you a special number and you have to call it so they can apply your credit.

We just turned Diamond from our Vision cruise in May, we have not received anything from C & A. After reading all the posts here it sure sounds like C & A is not consistant in their program in sending out congratulations letters. Oh well, at least the on board gifts will be nice. :D

These are not consistent either.

On some ships they send you the petit fours etc - sometimes they dont bother.

I wish they would have a selection of gifts - Last year each of the three of us got 3 toilet bags and I am happy to hear there will be a new gift this year.

We became Diamond members with our last cruise (10/05 Jewel) and received only a letter - no new card, pins, luggage tags. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference on our 12/05 AOS cruise...we did get the $100 credit on our balcony.

These are not consistent either.

On some ships they send you the petit fours etc - sometimes they dont bother.

I wish they would have a selection of gifts - Last year each of the three of us got 3 toilet bags and I am happy to hear there will be a new gift this year.

Just completed two cruises and the gifts were the same. I have enough bags to put on a garage sale.. :(

As for the “welcome gift” on our recent Radiance to Alaska - on the third night we got the standard postcard pack of some ship (with Caribbean shots). We received no other gift.

I mention the lack of gift to the loyalty amb. – but another gift never came. We had received fanny packs (don’t need more of those) some FM headsets and some toiletries totes in the past.

Oh well

Marci

I agree, it seems that some loyalty amb's really care and others could care less! Diamond should be $200 off of a balcony, as well. $300 for the longer cruises...we have had no problem getting that portion. Will be interesting to see how it all goes on our 10/05 Serenade Panama Canal, which is also a C&A Members Cruise. I understand that the goodies are far more freeflowing on the member cruises. We received the hanging toiletry bag on both the Empress in March and the Grandeur in May...have plenty, too. A Fire Sale????

seahags - we are diamond plus members and only get $100 off 7 day balcony cruises and $200 off 10 days or longer on Balcony. How did you receive $300 off balcony for Diamond status.

Sounds good.

seahags - we are diamond plus members and only get $100 off 7 day balcony cruises and $200 off 10 days or longer on Balcony. How did you receive $300 off balcony for Diamond status.

Sounds good.

I'm a Diamond member and just got $300 off my balcony cabin for my upcoming 9 night cruise in September.

Sounds good.

Hey, MKS, I am Diamond Plus as well! It's pretty great.

I can't wait to do another C&A cruise; I was treated so well!

Thank you one and all....I called C & A and they gave me $100 credit on our balcony making it $300....I love this CC Board.

Caviargal, one of our favorite nibbles. We are looking forward to the C & A members cruise on the Serenade Oct. 17. It will be our first member cruise.

Thanks again everyone.

Archived