New Cabins on Summit

shofer

We are thinking about booking a transition Bermuda cruise on Summit next year and are wondering about the changes since dry dock. Did they add any new cabins and where are they? Which category do they belong?

Having been on Summit twice before, we are familiar with the ship as it used to be, including the terrible decoration in the Bar at the Edge of the World on the top deck. Hoping that has been re-done and re-named.

Thanks,

Sue

We are thinking about booking a transition Bermuda cruise on Summit next year and are wondering about the changes since dry dock. Did they add any new cabins and where are they? Which category do they belong?

Having been on Summit twice before, we are familiar with the ship as it used to be, including the terrible decoration in the Bar at the Edge of the World on the top deck. Hoping that has been re-done and re-named.

Thanks,

Sue

There are 17 new cabins that are category 6 oceanview on deck 3. They are numbered from 3112-3144. Here's a link to show you a picture of what the over sized window looks like.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638723905879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

There are also Aquaclass A1 cabins up on deck 11.

There are 17 new cabins that are category 6 oceanview on deck 3. They are numbered from 3112-3144. Here's a link to show you a picture of what the over sized window looks like.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638723905879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

There are also Aquaclass A1 cabins up on deck 11.

Thanks for the pictures. The oceanview cabins look great but we are leaning toward a balcony cabin. AQ cabins look like a big possibility.

Sue

We stayed in one of the Cat 6 Oceanview staterooms on Summit last year (3112) and booked in the same stateroom next year. Great location on the ship, and the huge window was great.

Could you tell me more about this room or others nearby? These are the new staterooms I have heard about but know nothing about.

Looking for something that will be similar on Constelllation if we decide to book for next year.

Have always stayed much higher and just wonder how these rooms were?

Could you tell me more about this room or others nearby? These are the new staterooms I have heard about but know nothing about.

Looking for something that will be similar on Constelllation if we decide to book for next year.

The rooms on both the Summit and the Constellation were just built when the ships went into dry dock to be "solsticized". If you need to be higher, check out one of the sweet 16 cabins on deck 6, which are classified as 2C. They have double sized balconies and they are the front 8 on either side of the ship. 6021-6035 & 6016-6030. We had originally planned to book one of the new OV cabins, but after I found out from my TA that she had group space available on the balconies, after factoring in the savings and the additional OBC we got from her, it ended up being slightly cheaper for the 2C, and because of CC, we were able to snag the last two sweet 16 cabins on our sailing.

If you really want to be even higher and you can afford the splurge, then check out the AQ cabins up on deck 11, also brand new since the refurbishment.

The rooms on both the Summit and the Constellation were just built when the ships went into dry dock to be "solsticized". If you need to be higher, check out one of the sweet 16 cabins on deck 6, which are classified as 2C. They have double sized balconies and they are the front 8 on either side of the ship. 6021-6035 & 6016-6030. We had originally planned to book one of the new OV cabins, but after I found out from my TA that she had group space available on the balconies, after factoring in the savings and the additional OBC we got from her, it ended up being slightly cheaper for the 2C, and because of CC, we were able to snag the last two sweet 16 cabins on our sailing.

If you really want to be even higher and you can afford the splurge, then check out the AQ cabins up on deck 11, also brand new since the refurbishment.

thanks so much for all this great information. I have made a note of these cabins then googled pictures and they look great. Hopefully get one of these when we sail this ship

The rooms are "new" and cordoned off with its own passageway and out of the way of the public areas. For an Oceanview cabin, they have the huge window, so if you don't use the balcony a lot, I think this is the way to go.

My husband and I stayed in 1139 in February. We loved the location, it was very nice being so close to the bar. We were right next to the smoking which made me nervous at first. However we never smelled smoke. The room was comfortable and very quiet.

As these cabins look to be under the Rendevous Lounge on Deck 4 you didn't notice any noise from the lounge above? Just curious.

No, not at all. The Rendevous Lounge is carpeted, so you don't hear any rolling carts as you would hear under the pool deck or the buffet area.

We often passed by those deck 3 cabins. If you get off the elevator aft and want to go to the atrium midship on deck 3, you must walk down the hallway where those new cabins are located. Often lots of traffic. On my last cruise we booked a gty oceanview. We were on deck 2. It was very nice. It was much quieter than the higher decks. Previously I have been on decks 7, 8, and 9. I usually book a veranda. The price for a veranda versus the gty oceanview was too high. We thought that we might miss the veranda. We did not miss it.....and we saved a lot of money.

As these cabins look to be under the Rendevous Lounge on Deck 4 you didn't notice any noise from the lounge above? Just curious.

The cabin is on deck 11 is right above the sunset bar. It was a great location and the room was new. We liked the no fog mirror in the bathroom. The chairs and footstools on the verandah were nice and never dirty. I like to pack everything and I had no problems with storage.

I'm very sensitive to mold and smoke and I had no problems on this cruise. We never once smelled smoke or heard noises at night. Just the sound of the steel drums at sail away when sipping my drink on my supper clean verandah. It took less then 5 min for my husband to return with drinks.

Just wondering Redtravel if you were anywhere near room 2115 or 2109. We are book with a large group of family and friends in Feb. 2014 and were wondering what you thought of the view and the room. Any pictures you would share would be appreciated. One in our group is having second thoughts due to fear of being too close to the water and not having a view.

No, not at all. The Rendevous Lounge is carpeted, so you don't hear any rolling carts as you would hear under the pool deck or the buffet area.

Thanks for the input and this breaks down to $18/day upgrade from interior no view so a really good value. If it goes down in the next 9 months, great!

Thanks for the input and this breaks down to $18/day upgrade from interior no view so a really good value. If it goes down in the next 9 months, great!

You'll love the stateroom and the huge window. We've booked the same stateroom for Bermuda next year. We usually travel AQ, but mostly on 14-15 day cruises, but on a 7-day cruise to Bermuda, this worked out well for us.

Archived