Quantum--Studio Cabin Questions

Anyone else starting to become very disappointed in these studio cabins? When they were first announced I was excited and the possibilities they would add for solo sailers. Since then it's sounding more and more like the interior ones are not true inside cabins as they won't feature the virtual balcony. They also seems to be intended for the use with the modular cabins and will only be sold as solos at a later date closer to sailing like they do with the family category cabins that are meant for 5 or more. The balconies on the other hand will be available from day 1 but the now official word that a secondary passenger can be booked at the 3rd person rate is leading many non solo cruisers to view it as a more cost effective manor of sailing. Will any of these "solo" cabins actually end up being sold to solo sailers?

Anyone else starting to become very disappointed in these studio cabins? When they were first announced I was excited and the possibilities they would add for solo sailers. Since then it's sounding more and more like the interior ones are not true inside cabins as they won't feature the virtual balcony. They also seems to be intended for the use with the modular cabins and will only be sold as solos at a later date closer to sailing like they do with the family category cabins that are meant for 5 or more. The balconies on the other hand will be available from day 1 but the now official word that a secondary passenger can be booked at the 3rd person rate is leading many non solo cruisers to view it as a more cost effective manor of sailing. Will any of these "solo" cabins actually end up being sold to solo sailers?

Starting to think some of the same thoughts too. I was very excited about the solo cabins also. I don't like the idea about the inside cabins being part of the the modular family situation either and will only be available for later booking. If that was the case, they should provide more balcony and inside cabin that aren't part of that for solo cruisers. Maybe they will, who knows? Hopefully they will make changes as they go along to the ship. :cool:

yes, single cabins - for one person...

i think it was NCL that first offered single cabins and they've been wildly successful...

interestingly studio cabins first appeared on-board Norwegian Epic and were designed as 'doubles', amied at young couples. They obviouly did not sell well so NCL now sell them as singles.

NCL's studio's still have double beds and a private lounge.

There will only be 12 Balcony Studios to book, the other 16 inside studios that need to be booked as part of a suite?

There will be no true inside studios to book alone, which is what I was hoping for.

That is correct .

Anything on QOS with a coloured line around it has to be booked as a group of cabins.

BC

OC

IC

FC

Starting to think some of the same thoughts too. I was very excited about the solo cabins also. I don't like the idea about the inside cabins being part of the the modular family situation either and will only be available for later booking. If that was the case, they should provide more balcony and inside cabin that aren't part of that for solo cruisers. Maybe they will, who knows? Hopefully they will make changes as they go along to the ship. :cool:

I don't think I would want one of the inside that can be used as part of a suite. I would have to see one before I ever considered booking. They just seem strange the way they are built. You are on top of other rooms as it is and those ones even more so with the way the door is. Those were more designed to be made into a large room vs used as a solo cabin.

I don't think I would want one of the inside that can be used as part of a suite. I would have to see one before I ever considered booking. They just seem strange the way they are built. You are on top of other rooms as it is and those ones even more so with the way the door is. Those were more designed to be made into a large room vs used as a solo cabin.

You cant book them unless you book the other rooms

Anything on QOS deck plan with a coloured line around it has to be booked as a group of cabins.

BC

OC

IC

FC

I missed the reveal today because I could not get the page to load.

What exactly are the studio cabins? Cabins for 1 person?

Yes

The Studio Balconies (SB) are the only ons that can be booked

Studio Inside have to be booked with other selected Suites.

Stick the mother in law in it whilst you, DW and kids live the good

life in the other 2 Balcony Suites . :D

You cant book them unless you book the other rooms

Anything on QOS deck plan with a coloured line around it has to be booked as a group of cabins.

BC

OC

IC

FC

No you can book them. You just can't book them right away. They said after a point if a family doesn't book them the go up for sale to anyone.

No you can book them. You just can't book them right away. They said after a point if a family doesn't book them the go up for sale to anyone.

Well Yes

But it is not likely to happen is it :rolleyes:

Well Yes

Actually it probably is likely to happen. You see the same thing now with the Family cabins (Family Interior, Family Promenade, Family Oceanview) that are on many other RCI ships. Those types of cabins are reserved for groups with 5 or 6 people. However, if they are not sold by a certain time RCI opens them up to be booked by anyone. This is actually a pretty common occurrence during the school year when less families are cruising. Those cabins are snapped up very quickly when they become available to groups with 4 or less passengers.

I would expect to see the same thing happen with these family connected cabins. During busy times like summer, spring break, Christmas/New Year vacations, etc. I would expect to see them booked in blocks as intended. At other times of the year, though, I would not be shocked to see these split up and sold as individual cabins on a regular basis.

Edited by UCF_Knight

Well Yes

Actually I think it will happen on more cruises than not. But just my 2 cents

Guess I didn't really need to post but can't delete it. Just read the above for the reasons why

Edited by chadbeck

• 3 weeks later...
It is a brilliant idea and so much better than paying extra for a double room.

The toilet is under the bed, next to the shower, though it all folds into the wall in order to open the door. Basically it's a cupboard. There is a virtual balcony, there is also a virtual wardrobe so you can see someone else's clothes, your clothes need to hang from the door handle.

Okay, this cracked me up... after I realized it wasn't real. At first, I was like, "Whaaaat?"

Kudos!

Richard/Tralfie

It is a brilliant idea and so much better than paying extra for a double room.

The toilet is under the bed, next to the shower, though it all folds into the wall in order to open the door. Basically it's a cupboard. There is a virtual balcony, there is also a virtual wardrobe so you can see someone else's clothes, your clothes need to hang from the door handle.

Okay, this cracked me up... after I realized it wasn't real. At first, I was like, "Whaaaat?"

Kudos!

Richard/Tralfie

I was thinking the same thing.

You would have thought they would have at least made some available that were not attached to the modular suites.

I booked the junior suite cabin which is part of that configuration. I guess if you needed all cabins you had better book early. There are only 16 regular junior suite cabins and they were booked the first day for my cruise.

We booked a regular balcony room and a single room for my sister. Her room is on the same side as ours with no balcony. She also has a door that can be

opened directly into our room. I said how could that be. The RC TA told me this ship is a whole different design. I am still wondering how could that be.

Well , it is true. I looked it up on the web site. We are on the 8th floor

room 8628 balcony . Hers 8630. She has a door that will also open in the

hallway.

I have no idea what size this room will be. Probably a closet. And I sure

hope the toilet isn't under the bed. LOL . But we figured if she wants to

see the ocean view just come over to our room. This should be interesting.

And she has her own bathroom. We will see just how big the showers are in there too and is it worth it. It still isn't cheap.

We are not going till 2015 so we have enough time to pay for the trip.

I want a virtual balcony insides, not a solo inside. I paid for a gty inside for 1 or 2 people.

I hope I dont get one of these solo cabins they hold back attached to other cabins if I am cruising solo. They way my TA works, we dont get cabins assigned until much closer to the cruising date. Sounds like I could get a solo cabin if they hold some back to book attached to other cabins.

Interesting. I might keep my fake 2nd pax and have her be a no show.

I want a virtual balcony insides, not a solo inside. I paid for a gty inside for 1 or 2 people.

I hope I dont get one of these solo cabins they hold back attached to other cabins if I am cruising solo. They way my TA works, we dont get cabins assigned until much closer to the cruising date. Sounds like I could get a solo cabin if they hold some back to book attached to other cabins.

Interesting. I might keep my fake 2nd pax and have her be a no show.

What category of guarantee did you buy? If it is Q or higher you will not get a studio.

What category of guarantee did you buy? If it is Q or higher you will not get a studio.

I booked my last RCL cruise direct with C&A so I get your question, there just is no category I can give you.

Im booked on Quantum thru a UK TA with the agreement they can put me anywhere on the ship. We don't pick categories like Q, N, E, D etc. Unless I pay extra to upgrade, I don't get any choice in my cabin. I can only pick the general type of cabin. People are booked on my TAs site from all over the world and we get no price drops and are paid in full at the time of booking. We agree to the terms when we book.

We really have no category we book. Just a cabin type. Like we got to choose between deluxe or superior balcony for instance. No category.

We booked a regular balcony room and a single room for my sister. Her room is on the same side as ours with no balcony. She also has a door that can be

opened directly into our room. I said how could that be. The RC TA told me this ship is a whole different design. I am still wondering how could that be.

Well , it is true. I looked it up on the web site. We are on the 8th floor

room 8628 balcony . Hers 8630. She has a door that will also open in the

hallway.

I have no idea what size this room will be. Probably a closet. And I sure

hope the toilet isn't under the bed. LOL . But we figured if she wants to

see the ocean view just come over to our room. This should be interesting.

And she has her own bathroom. We will see just how big the showers are in there too and is it worth it. It still isn't cheap.

We are not going till 2015 so we have enough time to pay for the trip.

I didn't think the D Cabin could be booked with the Studio Inside, I thought the Studio Inside could only be booked with the Junior Suite.

I still see no way they can get that all into a 101 square ft. Cabin in that Studio Inside Cabin. Seems impossible to me inless that bed is only 4ft long?:confused: I guess though if the cabin is 14' long x 7' wide it can be done.

staterooms-overhead.jpg?b820ee

Edited by Jimbo

I didn't think the D Cabin could be booked with the Studio Inside, I thought the Studio Inside could only be booked with the Junior Suite.

I still see no way they can get that all into a 101 square ft. Cabin in that Studio Inside Cabin. Seems impossible to me inless that bed is only 4ft long?:confused: I guess though if the cabin is 14' long x 7' wide it can be done.

staterooms-overhead.jpg?b820ee

It's really designed to be an extra bedroom for the JS that can also be rented separately. It's gonna be small inside!

Wonder where the Flat Screen TV is for the Junior Suite?..........Think I see where the Tv would be for the D Cabin, on the wall maybe at the end of the bed.

For the SI..........maybe in the bathroom over the postage size sink? :eek:

Jimbo:)