Bumper cars are for the kids - not you!

The dancing could be every night after the other activities. Usually people don't show up to the disco until around 11:30pm. If they show up at all. That all depends on the demographics on board.

Gina

Do we know if the disco skate is going to be family friendly (meaning not 18+)? I don't remember hearing and my guess is it would be. If so, could possibly be earlier in the evening... I imagine if not they'd at least have some family friendly nights.

I read bumper cars & thought ...jeez... what a mistake. I see there are quite a few enthusiasts, though. I guess I'm just not a kid at heart. And I KNOW my bones aren't. Whiplash isn't on my list of 'to do' events on vacation. Ouch. But, hey.. what do I know? There are some really good insurance plans out there for risk takers. Hopefully, RCI has there bases covered, as well.

And FWIW... I'd love to try the Flowrider, but I know that it is a spectator sport for me these days.

Grandma got run over by a bumper car... somewhere in the middle of the sea...

I read bumper cars & thought ...jeez... what a mistake.

At first, I did too. But then I saw it wouldn't be its own venue, taking up a lot of space. When I saw they are using the b-ball court, I found it to be no big deal.

At first, I did too. But then I saw it wouldn't be its own venue, taking up a lot of space. When I saw they are using the b-ball court, I found it to be no big deal.

Had the exact same thought. Now that I see it's a multi-use venue, I think it was quite a good idea.

I know plenty of adults who love bumper cars. Granted, this may not be the thing for retirees, but I think anyone else will have a blast.

We have been retirees for many years and enjoyed the flow rider on the Liberty and expect to enjoy the bumper cars on the Quantum. This is one of the reasons I don't sail with Hal or Princess anymore. They think old equals boring. You will see in the years to come, your mind never catches up with your body. (It never crossed my mind that the bumper cars were for the kids)

• 1 month later...
I would just like to state what I thought was the obvious, but what seems to be missed by several.

I see many, many, many post's of people saying they don't get the purpose or the appeal of bumper cars on QoS. To me this is similar to saying I don't get the purpose of the kid clubs. Are you kidding me!?

Now don't get me wrong, I can understand how bumper cars don't appeal to adults, especially those without kids. But surely everyone can understand that the target audience of bumper cars are not the single traveler, the retiree's, or couples without kids etc...

I have 3 kids from the age of 9 to 14 and I pretty much got a 'wow' from them when telling them about the cars on-board (among other items like those at SeaPlex).

So my opinion on this is that RCI are targeting families with kids. Their purpose is to appeal to them.

That being said, it still may not appeal to all children and the novelty might wear off after a few rides, but doing some quick polling with some friends and family - it looks like these will be a huge hit with KIDS - not you!

So yes we understand that bumper cars may not appeal to you, just like video games in the kids club might not either. But there is more than one demographic to target. I am sure RCI has done their homework on this.

Not looking to get flamed - just sharing an opinion.

P.S. And for those who are "big" kids and want to indulge - go for it! :D

DaddyBytes

I love bumper cars and will be riding them as much as I can.

I think bumper cars are going to be great. Kids and teenagers will definately love it and I think many adults will too. I also think it will be a fun thing for parents to do with their children. I think it will be a big hit....literally too :p

Archived