JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

My Computer crashed due to a small virus, and the security company we use restored it to the factory settings. I have been retrieving my information and pics from the hard drive.

I will post shortly today! Sorry for the delay!

JW

Glad to hear you got it restored! Was beginning to worry about you. :-)

Sorry you had problems, JW.

Oh, well. As Anne of Green Gables once said, your next installment will be a pleasure all the greater for being deferred.

<sigh> Perhaps I should use the wait to get some work done.

Liz Periera walked us thru the Port Zante Shopping Mall, and we walked passed the very much recently boarded up Fat Tuesday’s. What a shame…would have really enjoyed an adult slushy. She walked us over to meet up with Barry Wyatt, “The Real Island Guy”. Barry provided us with his beautiful, air conditioned, modern transportation. He took us in and around St Kitts, all the way to the Carambola Beach Club, as well as giving us a verbal animated story of St Kitts and it’s highlights along the way.

But first, as you know, we had to stop at the Catholic Church, which is very close to Port Zante. The Church was gorgeous, and I was surprised to find out that only six percent of the population of St Kitts is Roman Catholic. As St Kitts was a former British Colony, of course, the majority of the island is Anglican. Nonetheless, the Church was magnificent, and I especially liked the marble plaque at the entry of the church dedicated to a Priest who only lived for 46 years, and died a very young man, by some awful means, which was not fully explained.

Here are some wonderful pictures we took:

943311_4495526160658_1971253867_n.jpg

Here is the Steeple and front of the Church, gorgeously weathered by Hurricanes and time.

601002_4495514760373_450118867_n.jpg

The Main Entrance of the Catholic Church in St Kitts:

310039_4495513920352_493954299_n.jpg

The marble interior of the church, no air conditioning at all, but the marble kept the church very cool inside. Love the smell of old incense and burning candles!

65645_4495511920302_1054771560_n.jpg

The gorgeous hand carved Choir Loft railing, the stained glass window was destroyed in a hurricane and never replaced. Sadly, just plain glass.

603862_4495509680246_824719027_n.jpg

Here is that plaque about the Priest who "Laboured Here With The Greatest Zeal" who died at age 46.

944416_4495509000229_704716932_n.jpg

A beautiful, aged, Icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help:

417874_4495509320237_1723681687_n.jpg

St Joseph's Side Altar:

602492_4495510400264_1337839093_n.jpg

Mary's Altar:

941733_4495510640270_562675195_n.jpg

The Main Altar:

936410_4495511040280_2119766666_n.jpg

We very much enjoyed our visit and were not disappointed in the least with the character and beauty of the Church. What a way to start the day in magnificent St Kitts.

I also wanted to thank Liz Periera, for going out of her way, and arranging the Church to be open this morning for us. Normally it would not have been open at this time, but she had contacted the Priest and made the necessary arrangements for our special visit! Thank's LIZ!!!!!

We hope you enjoy the photographs and now, onto Carambola!!!!!!

Carombola it is! I am laughing that you got me in a shot next to the steele drums in Port Zante.......after a huge night of martini's and dancing with the Fly Boys all night at the disco. I look like I am asleep or dead.....LOL!

I just scared all the cats off the couch when I was convulsed in laughter. I was crying, made Scott mute Survivor so I could read this to him, he burst out laughing at your words and because I was laughcrying!

As one who tried doing a "live" review and then when that didn't work, tried to finish once we got home, life has a way of derailing the best of intentions. JW writes a very unique and detailed report and genius just can't be rushed. He probably is not willing to post anything but his very best, and that just takes time. I, for one, am willing to be patient.

Archived