Wine question...

We've booked two adjoining balcony staterooms on the AOS; one for my husband and I and one for our 3 kids. Each stateroom has an adult on the reservation, so does that mean we can bring four (2 per stateroom) bottles of our favorite wine with us on the ship?

We've booked two adjoining balcony staterooms on the AOS; one for my husband and I and one for our 3 kids. Each stateroom has an adult on the reservation, so does that mean we can bring four (2 per stateroom) bottles of our favorite wine with us on the ship?

Yep, two per stateroom. Four. WhooHoo! :D

Leaving from San Juan?

~Bob~

If it is San Juan, we flew in a day early and stayed overnight at the Marriott. Just across the street is a Walgreens. GREAT PRICES on wine and alcohol there. Not a huge selection but very good for a place like that. 750 ml Barefoot wine for like $6. The BIG bottle of Absolut for like $18. Unreal.

Enjoy!

Don't forget your corkscrew and a few rubber re-usable corks. Pack in your checked bags for flying and move to your ship carry-on for boarding. You might want them right away ;) after your board. A $20 to the cabin steward the first day got us ice twice a day. Just sayin'

We took pastic champagne glasses for sail away. Pkg of 6 for $1 at the dollar store.

~Bob~

If it is San Juan, we flew in a day early and stayed overnight at the Marriott. Just across the street is a Walgreens. GREAT PRICES on wine and alcohol there. Not a huge selection but very good for a place like that. 750 ml Barefoot wine for like $6. The BIG bottle of Absolut for like $18. Unreal.

Enjoy!

Don't forget your corkscrew and a few rubber re-usable corks. Pack in your checked bags for flying and move to your ship carry-on for boarding. You might want them right away ;) after your board. A $20 to the cabin steward the first day got us ice twice a day. Just sayin'

We took pastic champagne glasses for sail away. Pkg of 6 for $1 at the dollar store.

~Bob~

A "please" got us ice twice daily, too.:)

Enjoy!

~Bob~

Leaving from FLL. We're flying in the day before so we'll have time to get whatever we need then. I like the Barefoot Moscato...yumm!

Ok folks, just to set the record straight, I did not "tip for ice" Yes, I tipped the cabin steward and I did ask for ice. I asked some other questions as well. I had been tipping like crazy for two days straight for luggage and cab fare so I was in the groove.

You can't prove a thing! ;) haha

Yes, the barefoot Moscato is what we got too. Good stuff!!

~Bob~

In our case, we were allowed to put our 17 and 19 year old daughters in the room across the hall without an adult on the cabin list. Do I need to put my DH or myself on their room so we can bring 4 bottles?

Yes, if they actually check your stateroom assignment, but our experience at Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral is that there's no correlation between guests and stateroom assignments.

I am thinking I will have to call and be anonymous. I had liked the idea of not playing the game of one of us adults listed on their room but staying in the other. We are not huge wine drinkers but nice to have the choice to bring 4 bottles on given the cost onboard.:cool:

I am thinking I will have to call and be anonymous. I had liked the idea of not playing the game of one of us adults listed on their room but staying in the other. We are not huge wine drinkers but nice to have the choice to bring 4 bottles on given the cost onboard.:cool:

If you call, they will say that the stateroom with the minors is not eligible to bring any wine.

I am not sure if there would be a cost difference with having an adult in each room on the reservations, then just having the kids be by themselves when you get onboard.

I wish I could remember exactly where, but I have read on the CC boards, more than once, that the cabin stewards do not seem to care who is in what room. Seems like they understand what the guests do and just look the other way. However I am guessing it could certainly be easier if you had adjoining cabins. ie: the door is open, people move back and forth. Who would really know? But across the hall is good too. You will most likely have the same cabin steward

~Bob~

In the past we always split up the adult names. It was never a problem to then have our daughters in one room and us in the other usually across the hall. I liked the idea of having the right names with the correct room. Will have to decide 2 more bottles of wine is that big of a deal. I am thinking not since my husband is more if a beer drinker.

In the past we always split up the adult names. It was never a problem to then have our daughters in one room and us in the other usually across the hall. I liked the idea of having the right names with the correct room. Will have to decide 2 more bottles of wine is that big of a deal. I am thinking not since my husband is more if a beer drinker.

Whatever you decide, just remember to carry on the wine. Many consider putting in checked baggage. I cannot speak for all embarkation points, but in San Juan anyway, RC does not have any way of knowing if you carried on wine when you boarded or not. So if it comes in X-Ray (which it will), they flag it and you will have to go the the naughty room to retrieve your luggage. They'll take it and then you have nothing :( until the last night when you get it back.

In March, DD's bag was flagged for alcohol which was really a large perfume bottle. By the way, most bags I saw were tagged 'alcohol' or 'irons' There were quite a few

~Bob~

Whatever you decide, just remember to carry on the wine . . . in San Juan anyway, RC does not have any way of knowing if you carried on wine when you boarded or not.

~Bob~

Bob, are you saying that if we carry on our bottles when we embark in San Juan they don't know if we carried on wine when we board? Don't they screen the carryon luggage? Does this mean that the two-bottle limit can be "stretched"??? Also, you mentioned the big bottle of Absolute, isn't it larger that 750 ml; isn't the two bottle minimum limited to wine?

Bob, are you saying that if we carry on our bottles when we embark in San Juan they don't know if we carried on wine when we board? Don't they screen the carryon luggage? Does this mean that the two-bottle limit can be "stretched"??? Also, you mentioned the big bottle of Absolute, isn't it larger that 750 ml; isn't the two bottle minimum limited to wine?

What I meant is that they do screen your carry on luggage in the terminal much like at the airport. However they do not make a record of it anywhere. So if you have bottles in your checked bags, (which they also x-ray) they seem to assume you could have already boarded with two bottles and they will hold the bottles from your checked bags. You can try it. Worst case, you would get them back on the last night.

I mentioned the big bottle (1.75ml I think) of Absolut just for price comparision. You would not be able to carry that on the ship

~Bob~

In FLL going on Oasis, they didn't even check to see if we even in the same cabin. We could have easily carried on two each.

Btw, our cabin steward brought us ice and filled it with ice twice a day. He brought glasses with every new bottle. We didn't even ask. He saw that we had wine and everything without us asking or tipping extra to do it.

Archived