Help us choose our 20th Anniversary Cruise!

ddy123

A little background - we went on our first cruise ever for our 10th anniversary on Celebrity Constellation. Loved it! We have recently been cruising Royal because it is a better fit for traveling with our two daughters. We recently became Diamond on Royal.

Saw a posting about the fabulous Suite rates on the 5 day Oct 27 2014 Oasis sailing and grabbed an Owners Suite for $1449 per person. Great rate as far as I can tell! Ports are Nassau and Cozumel. Never been in an OS (have done a GS before) and never been on Oasis. We have always sailed Voyager class because we find the pricing attractive for the size/offerings of the ship. Have always wanted to try Oasis or Allure but just could not justify the price and felt we got a much better value and could splurge on a Suite for 4 on Voyager Class.

But there is also a 5 day on Celebrity Constellation going to Key West and Cozumel. We could get a Royal Suite for about $200 more than what we would pay for an OS on Royal. Loooove the idea of a whirlpool on the balcony......but read the balcony is not very private? Also, we like and actually need shade. Assuming if not private then lack of shade could be an issue?

So do we go with the more sedate, elegant feel of Celebrity or the more WOW factor of Oasis. Feel like we will not likely get a chance to ever experience an OS on Oasis so that is a factor as well. But on the other hand, the guilt factor of going on Oasis without our girls is there too!

What would you do?!

Well, this is a win-win situation! You can't go wrong!

I would choose Celebrity for an adults-only trip (I too would feel guilty on Oasis without the kids).

However, you've never done Oasis before, and those prices seem excellent for a suite! I think I'm leaning toward Oasis. You can always bring the kids back another time!

Sorry...guess i'm no help here! :)

I would sail Oasis and I am a Celebrity fan.

Me too!! I love Celebrity but my vote goes to the Oasis. We had an Owners suite on the Oasis and it was a great cabin.

To the original OP, get a taste of the Oasis for your anniversary and book a 7 nights cruise on the Allure for both of you and your daughters. :):)

Congratulations on reaching your Silver Anniversary! I must say that I would be torn on which cruise/ship to pick as you are.

A Royal Suite on Celebrity with your own hot tub on the balcony? Big Plus.

Key West vs. Nassau? Key West is another big plus, for me anyway.

However . . . went on the Oasis this past winter (Sister's pick, not mine) and thought I wouldn't like it much. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! Yes, it's huge and yes, there are so many people aboard, which I did find problematic in a few situations, but would I do it again? I hope I do. That ship (and I would imagine the Allure, as well) is a destination in itself. FYI - The Central Park area on deck 8, at night, is one of the most romantic places I can imagine at sea (they even pipe in the sound of crickets);)

The thought of Quantum definitely crossed my mind too! But I fear the prices will be much more expensive and we will have just sent our first off to college so we will need to keep the dollars in check. But I will definitely take a look when they release her for bookings! One plus to Quantum is no airfare because we are from the East Coast. Ok now you have done it.......I cant make up my mind on three! Definitely going in the wrong direction here! ;)

Congratulations on reaching your Silver Anniversary!

Happy 20th anniversary! As others have said, either choice would be wonderful!

Isn't the 25th anniversary the "silver anniversary,"though?

The thought of Quantum definitely crossed my mind too! But I fear the prices will be much more expensive and we will have just sent our first off to college so we will need to keep the dollars in check. But I will definitely take a look when they release her for bookings! One plus to Quantum is no airfare because we are from the East Coast. Ok now you have done it.......I cant make up my mind on three! Definitely going in the wrong direction here! ;)

Whoops, sorry! :D

Congrats on 20 years. Hubby and I only have 3 years of marriage under our belts, lol. But together for almost 6... Maybe by our 20th we can afford a sailing on Quantum :p

Congratulations on reaching your Silver Anniversary!

Happy 20th anniversary! As others have said, either choice would be wonderful!

Isn't the 25th anniversary the "silver anniversary,"though?

Yeah, brain fart. Read 20, mind said 25.

My vote goes to Oasis. Definitely the most WOW factor. I am also a great fan for Celebrity, but to have the same type of pricing, Oasis would win out. So many fabulous things to see and do on Oasis . . . definitely will keep you hoping. And if you need downtime, you have plenty of space to catch that R&R!

Oasis but - I would look at switching out the Owner's Suite for a Crown Loft Suite, which is running about the same price. The room might be a tad smaller but I think the WOW factor of being that far up and having a loft bedroom would be enough for me to make the switch.

It seems that the cabin is most important to you.

For me, I would downgrade to a regular balcony, and move to a 7 day cruise on Oasis or Allure. I would put my money into more days than into a larger suite.

I don't think you can fully experience Oasis/Allure in just 5 days.

I agree with above post. Oasis is so large five days is too little. It took me two days to figure out Allure. However, I have been in an OS. They are great. Lots of room and awesome balcony. Good luck with your final decision. I have never sailed any other line so can't give a comparison

Archived