Ultimate Drink Package Thread

You cannot order different packages using Royal's website. However, people have reported being able to do that if they wait and purchase the package onboard the ship.

Thanks Clarea :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Can't decide if we should go with a drinks package or not.

If we do wait until we get on the ship, is it the same price or more expensive?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Same price on the ship.

That post also says that all 4 people were D+ member. If you are not D+ I would take that with a grain of salt as I doubt RCCL would want to do anything to anger 4 very regular customers. I will see what I can find on this. For my booking it says that the package has to be purchased online and the purchase has to be completed 5 days before sailing, so maybe RCCL changed the rules? I will report back on this.

Chris

Just off of the Radiance. They were indeed selling the package on board the first day. My wife might have one drink a day. I on the other hand can drink several drinks a day. Once we boarded I asked the first bar tender I saw if I could purchase a single package. She said no.

On our way to lunch I tried my luck with another bar tender. I said my wife doesn't drink. He sold me the package no questions asked! To answer your question we honestly did not share and my wife purchased the few drinks she had.

So yes it can be done.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

We are going on the allure in a couple of weeks and I have seen mixed answers on this so has anyone been on the allure and ordered premium package and been able to get like vodka and red bull included on the drink package? I guess it depends ship to ship since I have read some people have reported yes and some people have reported its not included so what about the allure.

please can you tell me the name of the red wine on radiance

we sail next month, hate the terre one

thankyou

Royal has been switching to St. Martin. I've not heard of La Terre being served for several months now.

Just returned from Allure and had the beverage package. I was going to do a separate review of it, but bottom line is that we found very little that was not included. Caipirhinas, martinis of all kinds, red bull drinks, etc. - everything on the menu that we ordered was included, and everything off menu that we ordered as well. Even margaritas that on the menu called for Patron were given to us. I don't know if they substituted other tequila or not when they made ours. We also were given souvenir glasses several times. Although officially the drink package does not get you souvenir glasses, many bartenders served in them and it did not seem to be an issue (we never asked for one).

Someone above asked about sangria in Vintages - I don't believe that anything in Vintages is included. They have a very limited bar, and mainly serve nice wines. I don't think you can get the included wines there but I did not ask. There is a sangria drink on the RC bar menu that is in every bar, but it is sweeter than traditional sangria.

So happy reading that you were so pleased with the drink package on the allure...rccl drink package wording is alittle vague. We leave in about 11 days. I couldn't get a clear answer on red bull being included so nice to see red bull is included as mixer and several of the martinis.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I know I have read this somewhere on this thread, but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me how we would get an early morning cocktail? We want to be able to have the odd Belini with breakfast, and not order from room service, as we've paid for the drinks package. (Hope that makes sense - I have to type fast cos I'm at work!!)

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I know I have read this somewhere on this thread, but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me how we would get an early morning cocktail? We want to be able to have the odd Belini with breakfast, and not order from room service, as we've paid for the drinks package. (Hope that makes sense - I have to type fast cos I'm at work!!)

Thanks in advance

I want to know this too, hadn't given it much thought before now. I'm thinking the normal bars don't open till 10 or so, where do I get a drink before then????

I want to know this too, hadn't given it much thought before now. I'm thinking the normal bars don't open till 10 or so, where do I get a drink before then????

We had the drink package on the Allure last month and my SIL and BIL had drinks with breakfast in the main dining room - Bloody Mary and Mimosa.

We had the drink package on the Allure last month and my SIL and BIL had drinks with breakfast in the main dining room - Bloody Mary and Mimosa.

Thanks, I guess if I have to, but I'm not loving the idea of going to the MDR to get a Bloody Mary!! :confused:

Edited by ULCajunCruiser

We really enjoy breakfast on our balcony, so didn't really want to have to get up, dressed & get down to MDR to order drinks. I think what we'll do, is get them the night before & leave in our fridge, so that we can just take them out when our room service breakfast arrives the following morning. :). Yes. Like that idea. :)

Thanks in advance

I was just reading another thread where someone posted the Cruise Compasses for Oasis. It listed the Promenade Bar as opening at 7 AM and the pool bar opening at 9 AM.

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been posted already and I just missed it but I was wondering if we wait and purchase the drink package inboard, do we pay upfront or does it get charged to our onboard account with final payment at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for any info!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This may have been posted already and I just missed it but I was wondering if we wait and purchase the drink package inboard, do we pay upfront or does it get charged to our onboard account with final payment at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for any info!

Hi, we did this on the Brilliance of the Seas in August. Purchased package from the R Bar in the centrum straight after board. Charged to on board account and payment collected at the end of the cruise. :)

Hi, we did this on the Brilliance of the Seas in August. Purchased package from the R Bar in the centrum straight after board. Charged to on board account and payment collected at the end of the cruise. :)

Thank you so much!!

• 4 weeks later...

We usually cruise Celebrity but we have a RCCL cruise booked.

After spending a few hours reading this entire thread I have 2 questions.

1. What brand of wine is their Rose' house wine?

2. A cigar bar was mentioned in one of the posts. DH smokes cigars so I'm wondering where cigar smoking is allowed. (Celebrity no longer has a cigar bar so cigar smokers are banished to 2 outdoor bars.)

Thank you for the info,

Mary