Ultimate Drink Package Thread

I just found this thread. Very interesting to say the least. My wife and I are going on the Allure in Mar for my 60th BD and we purchased this package already. Mainly for peace of mind, my DW worries all the time about how much we spend. I'm not too worried about getting our monies worth, mainly just one less thing to worry about. But, if you are worried about that think of this, the tips are included, so take the 10 or 15% off the top.:eek:

Hi Mary,

We were just off the Explorer and had the Premium package. The house wine was St. Martin. Did not have any of the Rose' but DW said the Chard was not bad, the Cab was not the best. As far as the Cigar Bar, it depends on which ship you are on. If you are on any of the Freedom or Voyager Class ships, there are Connoisseur Clubs for cigar smoking. As far as the other ships, some used to use the Library's in the evenings but I believe that has stopped but I may be wrong about that part.

I'm not too worried about getting our monies worth, mainly just one less thing to worry about. But, if you are worried about that think of this, the tips are included, so take the 10 or 15% off the top.:eek:

That's the reason I like it as well. Never have to think much about it.

• 1 month later...
We will be sailing on the Allure and if we purchase the premium drink package what do they consider premium coffee? Would that include starbucks frappuchinos? TIA

I believe people have reported that coffee from the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure are not included in the package. There are other venues that have expresso, cappucino, and latte that are included in the package.

To those that know.I want to board ship drink the 2bottles of wine I'm allowed to bring .I then will head to diamond Lounge and drink for free. After show and a little dancing is there a place to buy drink package at 1201 am so on my 5 day cruise I only have to pay for 4 days .I know you have to pay a minimum of 4 days.So main ? Is can you buy package anytime anywhere .

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out what the difference is . When I called the customer service rep she didn't have the info and said they had a detailed list when you board. Last year when I got the drink premium package several of the wines weren't included and top shelf liquor such as st germaine, patron etc and bottled water and cappucinos weren't included either. I was really disappointed, plus we had to sign for drinks. The website just lists the premium package on what is included not the ultimate.

Ellen

I can't figure out what the difference is . When I called the customer service rep she didn't have the info and said they had a detailed list when you board. Last year when I got the drink premium package several of the wines weren't included and top shelf liquor such as st germaine, patron etc and bottled water and cappucinos weren't included either. I was really disappointed, plus we had to sign for drinks. The website just lists the premium package on what is included not the ultimate.

Ellen

Here's a description of the packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

The Ultimate package adds premium coffee/tea, fresh squeezed OJ, and sparkling water to the Premium package.

Edited by clarea

Here's a description of the packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

The Ultimate package adds premium coffee/tea, fresh squeezed OJ, and sparkling water to the Premium package.

Thanks. Looking at the Premium list it looks like Grey goose isn't included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We usually cruise Celebrity but we have a RCCL cruise booked.

After spending a few hours reading this entire thread I have 2 questions.

1. What brand of wine is their Rose' house wine?

2. A cigar bar was mentioned in one of the posts. DH smokes cigars so I'm wondering where cigar smoking is allowed. (Celebrity no longer has a cigar bar so cigar smokers are banished to 2 outdoor bars.)

Thank you for the info,

Mary

Well if you purchase the premium drink package your glass wine choice can include those priced up to $12 a glass. So if you like sweet wines like Rose...You'll have several sweet white wine selections......such as Riesling and Conundrum...These two are great wines..better than Rose IMO

Grey goose not included, we had Smirnoff & Absolute Vodka. Also speciality beers not included like Bodingtons. The only time we had to sign for our drinks was in the promenade pub, but the receipts were shown as zero.

Have they changed the package selections? We were on Allure December 1 and enjoyed several grey Goose martins while on the premium drink package

Have they changed the package selections? We were on Allure December 1 and enjoyed several grey Goose martins while on the premium drink package

I too would be very interested in more detailed information about the differences in brands that are served between the premium and ultimate packages. I contacted RCI and the representative said he couldn't find the information. I don't mind paying more but I want to make sure I have access to good brands.

Gray Goose was definitely included on the Serenade in December. Any cocktail up to $10 is included. My Grey Goose and tonic were allowed as was DH's martinis that had both Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire gin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Could someone please provide me with a link for the beer and wine selection for the ultimate package? Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no list of beer and wine in the Ultimate package.

Here's a wine list. All wines available by the glass for $12 or less will be covered by the Ultimate package:

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-wine-package-policy-list-prices/

Here's a beer list. I believe there are only 3 or 4 beers not covered by the package, for example Chimay Blue.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

Edited by clarea

I may have missed it but has anyone see if the package is on the 3 night enchantment of the seas cruises ? I have gotten conflicting information . Some have told it it was others just cite the doc saying its on 4 or more night sailings. So I guess what I am really asking is . Has anyone been on the enchantment 3 night and had the package offered on ship or pre order online ?

I may have missed it but has anyone see if the package is on the 3 night enchantment of the seas cruises ? I have gotten conflicting information . Some have told it it was others just cite the doc saying its on 4 or more night sailings. So I guess what I am really asking is . Has anyone been on the enchantment 3 night and had the package offered on ship or pre order online ?

I've not heard of anyone being able to get the package (online or onboard) on a 3 night cruise.

I've not heard of anyone being able to get the package (online or onboard) on a 3 night cruise.

I could not find the post this morning, but I remember reading here that someone had been offered the package on a 3-night cruise, but that it was a mistake. With the lack of training Royal gave their bartenders and servers, uneven implementation of the new packages was a given. With the reputation of 3-night cruises as booze cruises, I would be surprised if they ever offered it on anything less than 4-nighters.

Unfortunately, there is no list of beer and wine in the Ultimate package.

Here's a wine list. All wines available by the glass for $12 or less will be covered by the Ultimate package:

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-wine-package-policy-list-prices/

Here's a beer list. I believe there are only 3 or 4 beers not covered by the package, for example Chimay Blue.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

Hi Bob

I don't think the wine pricing in here is correct by the glass. Eg Conundrum, California was included in the package in Dec and was roughly $10 or $11, in the US market or maybe that list is for Europe adding Spanish tax and gratuity etc. a few others look high also.

Fosters Oil can is also not included and on some ships some of the speciality brews / beers are excluded, still a fantastic selection of beers though.

These menus courtesy of Gambee will help but pricing maybe be a tad off also.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Hi Bob

I don't think the wine pricing in here is correct by the glass. Eg Conundrum, California was included in the package in Dec and was roughly $10 or $11, in the US market or maybe that list is for Europe adding Spanish tax and gratuity etc. a few others look high also.

Fosters Oil can is also not included and on some ships some of the speciality brews / beers are excluded, still a fantastic selection of beers though.

These menus courtesy of Gambee will help but pricing maybe be a tad off also.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

I agree with you, the prices on the link I provided do look high. I also remember Conundrum at $10 per glass recently. Thanks for the update, I think the Gambee link is a better indication of current prices.

Hi Fellow cruisers,

I have a question about RCCL; it has been a few years since I have cruised on RCCL and we are now cruising with them again in Feb 2014.

Does RCCL offer a bar set up service in the stateroom that you can purchase? What I mean is that I could buy a bottle of liquor from the cruise line and have it in your room for personal use during the cruise.

I did not see anything like this on the website, only the drink packages.

I appreciate any info on this.

Happy and safe cruising all! :D

I agree with you, the prices on the link I provided do look high. I also remember Conundrum at $10 per glass recently. Thanks for the update, I think the Gambee link is a better indication of current prices.

:-)

Between whites and reds there were only about 8 or so under the $12 limit in Dec (Serenade) and not all those were available. Room for improvement here IMO but it's absolutely better than what it was with the house selection only.

Baby steps.....

Hi Fellow cruisers,

I have a question about RCCL; it has been a few years since I have cruised on RCCL and we are now cruising with them again in Feb 2014.

Does RCCL offer a bar set up service in the stateroom that you can purchase? What I mean is that I could buy a bottle of liquor from the cruise line and have it in your room for personal use during the cruise.

I did not see anything like this on the website, only the drink packages.

I appreciate any info on this.

Happy and safe cruising all! :D

No bar setup on Royal. They won't sell you bottles of hard liquor for use onboard.