Ultimate Drink Package Thread

Also scully did increase the price so he would have more marketing money, he increased the cost to cover the expected cost of a large marketing campaign.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Scully and his successors ran Apple into the ground to near total collapse.

Jobs came back and saved the company. Apparently, who knew a little something.

Personally, I don't care if RCI wants to price the drink package to $155 a day.

Bottom line is that the consumers will ultimately determine both the success and future pricing changes (if any) of the drink package(s). If everyone jumps onboard at the currently pricing levels then it is a huge roaring success.

However, if the demand is not there and RCI drops prices in the future then I would say all their market research was crap. :)

Need some advice on the following:

1. My husband and I are traveling with another couple.

2. We booked our rooms technically, with the guys in one, and ladies in another. We were then able to double our C&A savings certificates.

---The guys would pre-purchase Bev pkg for themselves.

3. Our plan was upon arrival, switch up and change, to couples in each room.

---New cards would then be issued.

--------------------------------------------------------------

HERE'S MY Q:

If the guys, pre-cruise, buy the Bev pkg for their "cabin", how would it work, when we change cabins as per the use of bev pkg since we changed occupancy.. ...even though the bev pkg is in their names.

4. I need you type-a problem solver people to help me figure this out :eek:

Please, please help me figure it out...

Remember they've ALREADY PURCHASED THE BEV. PKG before boarding....

Thanks sooooooo much :)

Idecor8

Does anyone know if Irish Coffee's are included in this package? I'm thinking: if coffee's are free anyway, & whisky is included, it should be (shouldn't it...?) thanks

Specialty coffee is not included in the package. I suppose you could get coffee from the MDR or Windjammer and then ask for a shot of whisky from the package.

Any chance they will give you bottled water with the premium pkg ? Or will they charge you for that too ?

No bottled water with either package, you would have to pay extra.

Seems to be no consensus if redbull is included in the package? I am definitely a redbull/vodka drinker, especially if it's going to be a late night (which most nights on cruises tend to be for me). The package would certainly be worth it for me, assuming a redbull/vodka is included...I'll be on the Jewel out of SJ in March, and hoping the package does in fact include it...

How about drinks such as cosmos? That's my GF's favorite drink, and she will definitely enjoy a few of those on the cruise each night (along with other drinks)...

Seems to be no consensus if redbull is included in the package? I am definitely a redbull/vodka drinker, especially if it's going to be a late night (which most nights on cruises tend to be for me). The package would certainly be worth it for me, assuming a redbull/vodka is included...I'll be on the Jewel out of SJ in March, and hoping the package does in fact include it...

How about drinks such as cosmos? That's my GF's favorite drink, and she will definitely enjoy a few of those on the cruise each night (along with other drinks)...

I sent an email and asked about redbull and vodka specifically this is what I was told " all well, call, and premium cocktails are included" though I get the idea that if I want just a redbull that is not included!!

With all the great info in this thread it really boils down to a math question in my opinion. Can you drink enough of the drinks you want to drink during the week to exceed the cost across the week?

Of course if you do not drink one day then you have to drink double the next day just to keep pace. :)

Personally, I think a single package for $35 a day would be:

1. More attractive and cause more people to buy it

2. Cause people to drink more normally as they would not be as concerned with getting their money's worth

3. Net RCI more profit. They are buying wholesale and in large quantity which means their cost per drink is very low.

Any fence sitters automatically buy at $35 a day ??? (still having to buy all days of course)

My understanding is the drinks pricing is as follows:

$6.50 a day for a soda package. No water or juice included. No idea what juice costs, but I did see one place it was reportedly more than the per soda charge. Tea, ice water, and lemonade free for everyone.

$12 on average for a glass of wine.

$7 average for a cocktail and $10 average for a frozen drink.

I would jump at the chance of a drink pack including soda and juice by day, and drinks at night for $35 a day. I don't even care if the juice isn't freshly squeezed. I can say for certain if the drink package prices go up, I won't be buying any. Please don't misunderstand. I don't blame them for charging a price that will make money for them.

We probably haven't spent $300 for alcoholic drinks over the last 3 years. We split a $30 bottle of wine with friends over dinner maybe 4x per year. We are still making pina coladas from the large commercial bar bottle of rum we received as a gift 8 years ago. My spouse would split a seam if I spent $300 on alcohol on a 7 night cruise.

I think I could drink enough on the cruise to justify $45 a day for all-you-can-drink. I'd love to find out. :rolleyes: I'd like mimosas or a Bloody Mary with breakfast, a Tom Collins with a salad for lunch, a drink in the afternoon with a relaxing snack, and a cocktail before a late dinner served with wine. Perhaps if it is chilly, a tasty hot beverage after dinner out on the romantic deck. My spouse, not so much. Three pina coladas in one day would be quite excessive for him, and I can't see him doing that more than once on a cruise.

My understanding is the drinks pricing is as follows:

$6.50 a day for a soda package. No water or juice included. No idea what juice costs, but I did see one place it was reportedly more than the per soda charge. Tea, ice water, and lemonade free for everyone....

A juice drink is included as one of the free drinks at breakfast, no package needed. Fresh squeezed juice is extra.

Need some advice on the following:

1. My husband and I are traveling with another couple.

2. We booked our rooms technically, with the guys in one, and ladies in another. We were then able to double our C&A savings certificates.

---The guys would pre-purchase Bev pkg for themselves.

3. Our plan was upon arrival, switch up and change, to couples in each room.

---New cards would then be issued.

--------------------------------------------------------------

HERE'S MY Q:

If the guys, pre-cruise, buy the Bev pkg for their "cabin", how would it work, when we change cabins as per the use of bev pkg since we changed occupancy.. ...even though the bev pkg is in their names.

4. I need you type-a problem solver people to help me figure this out :eek:

Please, please help me figure it out...

Remember they've ALREADY PURCHASED THE BEV. PKG before boarding....

Thanks sooooooo much :)

Idecor8

I'd keep it simple and hassle free: Each room ask for a extra room key and then 2 of you carry two cars-one for room/one for booze package.

We were just on the Explorer for 9 nights. A bunch of us did purchase the premium package the day we boarded. I did drink Martini's daily, one showed up on the receipt as a cosmo. My daughter did drink a few Red Bull & vodka's, also was able to get her favorite beer, Guinness.

The frozen lemonade was good also. Most of the frozen drinks were very sweet. I had a bartender made me a drink based on the the questions he asked about what I liked. It was very good.

We had our own specialty coffee at dinner by getting the shot of the day or what ever shot someone wanted and putting it in our coffee. The after dinner shots were great.

I enjoyed having the package, I tried a lot of drinks I would not have tried with out it. It was not difficult to break even, we had 4 sea days out of 9, and 2 short port days. Plus we were celebrating a wedding that happened in San Juan. I was never drunk and still managed to get my money's worth.

Most of the bar staff were very nice, our favorite was the Champagne bar, the guys there were fantastic!

Hi can anyone tell me are Pina Coladas and Caipirinhas included in premium drinks package

I think Caipirinhas are made with Cachaca (a sugarcane based liquor) and I'm not sure they have that on a ship, so my guess is no. However if you substitute any nice rum for the Cachaca, then add in whatever else makes it up (lime and sugar???) then why not!!!

I sent an email and asked about redbull and vodka specifically this is what I was told " all well, call, and premium cocktails are included" though I get the idea that if I want just a redbull that is not included!!

Thanks for the reply! Not worried about just drinking a RB...but if I can get Kettle/Redbull, the Drink Package is totally worth it for me!

We were just on the Explorer for 9 nights. A bunch of us did purchase the premium package the day we boarded. I did drink Martini's daily, one showed up on the receipt as a cosmo. My daughter did drink a few Red Bull & vodka's, also was able to get her favorite beer, Guinness.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply!

I think Caipirinhas are made with Cachaca (a sugarcane based liquor) and I'm not sure they have that on a ship, so my guess is no. However if you substitute any nice rum for the Cachaca, then add in whatever else makes it up (lime and sugar???) then why not!!!

Thanks for the reply have had Caipirinhas on other cruiises I have done with Royal and was wondering if it was part. Sounds interesting to try any nice rum with it

Hi Music,I hope you enjoyed your trip. It sounds like you sure did. My question to you is regarding your purchase of the premium drink package. On day 1 of your cruise were you and your friends, family able to purchase the premium package irregardless of who in your cabin wanted it or not. Basically, if you wanted it and your spouse in your cabin didnt were you still able. To buy it on the ship on day 1. Thanks swami

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App