Ultimate Drink Package Thread

Thank you Chris for all the info, I am going to get the package. I like the idea of trying new drinks and that chocolate martini!

Are you going to do a ship review also? Just wondering how the shows were, your favorite bartender, food, anything else you can think of! Did you go to Labadee?

We leave at the end of the month and it can't come soon enough! I am traveling with 12 people, all new cruisers!

Thank you Chris for all the info, I am going to get the package. I like the idea of trying new drinks and that chocolate martini!

Are you going to do a ship review also? Just wondering how the shows were, your favorite bartender, food, anything else you can think of! Did you go to Labadee?

We leave at the end of the month and it can't come soon enough! I am traveling with 12 people, all new cruisers!

Are you going on the Explorer of the Seas? I am thinking about doing a ship review, but I can tell you now that my favorite bar tenders on this cruise were Clive and Keville at the Pool Bar, and Shorn in the MDR. Those three guys were GREAT!! Also the Pool band Spices is not to be missed. We had a blast dancing to them. We did stop in Labadee and it is AMAZING how much they have built it up in the last few years. We walked all the way to...Columbus Cove (I think) just past the aqua park and the water slide and it was a GREAT relaxing beach. Calm water, mostly people floating around on mats...very nice. It is also close to a food. I would also highly recommend going to the Silent Party. It is very very fun. I hope you have a great cruise!

Chris

Ugh! We cruise Oasis in August and I'm still torn with buying the drink pkg. my main concern is that I can't confirm that we can get vodka/red bull on this ship and that would account some of our drinks each day. Plus we moved to deck 8 and I can see us spending time in Vintages NOT drinking house wine. Oh the decisions!

My question is this: I understand that if you order the drink of the day in the special glass you have to pay for it, but do you have to pay for the whole drink or just the glass? If it is a prorated fee for the glass, how much is the glass?

Ugh! We cruise Oasis in August and I'm still torn with buying the drink pkg. my main concern is that I can't confirm that we can get vodka/red bull on this ship and that would account some of our drinks each day. Plus we moved to deck 8 and I can see us spending time in Vintages NOT drinking house wine. Oh the decisions!

Yes you can get Red Bull and Vodka. I had many drinks with Red bull. The package is very nice to have. If it is going to stress you out trying to always make your daily amount then I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds like you have cruised before. Just use your consumption on those to gauge it. If you are close then I would go for it because like I said it is very nice to be able to try drinks without feeling obligated to drink it all. I also liked knowing that my bill at the end of the cruise would be much lower then in cruises past. Have a great cruise!!

Chris

My question is this: I understand that if you order the drink of the day in the special glass you have to pay for it, but do you have to pay for the whole drink or just the glass? If it is a prorated fee for the glass, how much is the glass?

You just pay for a glass. They are all priced differently so you will have to ask the person selling them. The are all at least $3.00 or more.

Chris

Yes you can get Red Bull and Vodka. I had many drinks with Red bull. The package is very nice to have. If it is going to stress you out trying to always make your daily amount then I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds like you have cruised before. Just use your consumption on those to gauge it. If you are close then I would go for it because like I said it is very nice to be able to try drinks without feeling obligated to drink it all. I also liked knowing that my bill at the end of the cruise would be much lower then in cruises past. Have a great cruise!!

Chris

Whereas today i had it confirmed red bull is not available??

I was looking for this thread yesterday to post my e mail i got.

The amount of inconsistancy with this deal is really getting on my nerves now.

As i have been told i can get rose by the glass i hope i can?

All this teething problem talk.

Really its not hard to print out a list of concrete rules about the package and its contents where and how its sold etc.

Then stick to it.

Heres the email again anyway.

Dear Guest.

I apologise that you did not receive the response I sent back last week.

Nevertheless I hope this answers your questions.

Are ALL cocktails and frozen included = No, HOWEVER there is a very

limited amount of cocktails that are not included. Cocktails that are made

with a Speciality item are not. These are cocktails that are made with very

expensive Liquors.

Are red,White and Rose or White Zinfandel house wines by the glass included

= YES

Is red bull included on it's own or in a drink as a mixer ie vodka and red

bull. = NO

Are juices (not fresh) included = YES from the juice gun

Are you served the package in ALL bars and dining rooms.(reports of refusal

in champagne Bar) = incorrect, available in all outlets (except room

service)

Is sparkling White wine included. = YES House

Are you limited to a certain number of drinks( Inc sodas) in the day

(obviously without being inebriated ) ONE DRINK AT A TIME PER CARD

Are all beers apart from oil can Inc. = NO

Kind Regards

David

Guest Support Unit

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises & Azamara Club Cruises

I have read some recent reviews of European cruises where people had to wait 15 minutes to be served at the bar (not enough staff).

I was thinking about getting this package but do not want to spend hours waiting for drinks at the bar when I could be enjoying myself with our friends instead. Have others found this takes up a lot of their time?

I have read some recent reviews of European cruises where people had to wait 15 minutes to be served at the bar (not enough staff).

I was thinking about getting this package but do not want to spend hours waiting for drinks at the bar when I could be enjoying myself with our friends instead. Have others found this takes up a lot of their time?

I think if you have to wait 15 mins because of low staffing.

Then it wouldnt matter if you had the package or not you would still have to wait if you were pay as you go?

I just had a thought about this package.

Hubby drinks cider i see no mention of strongbow or magners anywhere?

I will keep an eye on the cider thread just started but theres no replies as yet.

[quote name='charmay']I think if you have to wait 15 mins because of low staffing.
Then it wouldnt matter if you had the package or not you would still have to wait if you were pay as you go?
.[/QUOTE]

Well if the bar was really busy or understaffed, I would probably get bored of waiting after a while and give up on buying a drink.

But if I pre-paid, I would feel obliged to wait!

[quote name='charmay']I just had a thought about this package.
Hubby drinks cider i see no mention of strongbow or magners anywhere?
I will keep an eye on the cider thread just started but theres no replies as yet.[/quote]

It's listed on the English pub menu that I just posted. (Look under the "Second Cousins" section of the menu.) I had multiple Strongbows - they are included in the package. I was disappointed that this was the only cider and am not sure if the other bars on the ship stocked it at all. But the English Pub had it.

[quote name='dfgf']It's listed on the English pub menu that I just posted. (Look under the "Second Cousins" section of the menu.) I had multiple Strongbows - they are included in the package. I was disappointed that this was the only cider and am not sure if the other bars on the ship stocked it at all. But the English Pub had it.[/QUOTE]Thank you strongbow is what hubby likes.
I got an e mail from rccl today saying they were available on the package.I tried to look on your menu but couldnt quite make it out.I did see a few things so thanks for posting them:)

[quote name='Bobbyjean']Well if the bar was really busy or understaffed, I would probably get bored of waiting after a while and give up on buying a drink.

But if I pre-paid, I would feel obliged to wait![/QUOTE]
I get you.:)

So it's one drink at a time. I get that. Is there a time limit between one drink to the next? Going on the jewel in July and am torn on whether to get the package or not

Thanks Chris.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='NeuroQueen']We were on the Jewel's last regular cruise from Tampa on May 6-11 and all had the premium package. The Champagne Bar, which was a full bar, would not honor the package for even a soda. I was a bit bummed as it was a beautiful bar with a nice view. Maybe they didn't want "rowdy" types spoiling their atmosphere. Haha! I also thought maybe it was due to only premium liquors being sold there, but that was not the case. They simply did not participate. Otherwise the package was great, but 90% of the bars made you sign a receipt. I was a little sick of alcohol at the end, though.[/quote]

So our pre-dinner Bellini's in the Champagne Bar wouldn't be covered under the premium package?

[quote name='nsdozi10']So it's one drink at a time. I get that. Is there a time limit between one drink to the next? Going on the jewel in July and am torn on whether to get the package or not

Thanks Chris.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]I hope I don't have to make a shot last half an hour :D

[quote name='nsdozi10']So it's one drink at a time. I get that. Is there a time limit between one drink to the next? Going on the jewel in July and am torn on whether to get the package or not

Thanks Chris.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]
No time limit that anyone has reported.

Thanks Chris.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

I asked when I was on Freedom 2 weeks ago. There's a 5-minute limit between drinks. The way I worked it I would get a drink for my significant other from a bar on the way to the theater and then get one for myself from the waitstaff once I sat down in the theater.

I ordered a shot and a beer while I was sitting in the pub. They scanned my card once for the shot, gave me both drinks, then scanned for the beer later.

Another time I ordered both a shot and a beer at another bar. They handed me both but only rang up one - specifically to avoid me having to stand there for 5 minutes.

[quote name='dfgf']I asked when I was on Freedom 2 weeks ago. There's a 5-minute limit between drinks. The way I worked it I would get a drink for my significant other from a bar on the way to the theater and then get one for myself from the waitstaff once I sat down in the theater.

I ordered a shot and a beer while I was sitting in the pub. They scanned my card once for the shot, gave me both drinks, then scanned for the beer later.

Another time I ordered both a shot and a beer at another bar. They handed me both but only rang up one - specifically to avoid me having to stand there for 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

This is not true. There is no time limit. It is one drink at a time, but that is from a single bar. We would order shots while drinking another drink if we were drinking them at a bar no problem. You just cant order 2 shots and try to "pay" with one card. The restrictions are very limited. There were almost no instances of them telling me no for something. If I was hanging out at the pool bar I could easily have a glass of bourbon while ordering shots to take. They do not seem to restrict you in any way other then stopping blatant sharing of the package, or if you are VERY drink and i stress VERY.

Chris Marois

[quote name='jules815']So our pre-dinner Bellini's in the Champagne Bar wouldn't be covered under the premium package?[/QUOTE]

Bellini's are absolutely included in the package. I had several. All bars accept the package. This would include the champagne bar.

Chris

[quote name='chrismarois']This is not true. There is no time limit. It is one drink at a time, but that is from a single bar. We would order shots while drinking another drink if we were drinking them at a bar no problem. You just cant order 2 shots and try to "pay" with one card. The restrictions are very limited. There were almost no instances of them telling me no for something. If I was hanging out at the pool bar I could easily have a glass of bourbon while ordering shots to take. They do not seem to restrict you in any way other then stopping blatant sharing of the package, or if you are VERY drink and i stress VERY.

Chris Marois[/quote]

Just sharing what they told me, and my experiences at 2 different bars. I am positive that they rang up only the one drink in the second bar that I mentioned. The bartender even mentioned it to me specifically as "I can't ring up both drinks so I'll only have you sign for one." Sure enough, only one drink on the receipt that I signed.

As with anything else Royal Caribbean, there are 30 different answers for the same question - often times, from Royal Caribbean reps themselves.