Ultimate Drink Package Thread

[quote name='chrismarois']Bellini's are absolutely included in the package. I had several. All bars accept the package. This would include the champagne bar.

Chris[/quote]

Great to hear. I have a feeling we'll probably get the premium package when we cruise on Freedom next May. We always have a few pre-dinner drinks in the Champagne Bar. Nice to see those would be included.

11 months away and I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about our next cruise. Nice to come here to be able to talk about it with other like minded people! :D

[quote name='jules815']So our pre-dinner Bellini's in the Champagne Bar wouldn't be covered under the premium package?[/QUOTE]

Not sure which ship you are on, but we had 2-3 pre-dinner cocktails in the Champagne bar almost every evening without a problem.....including Bellinis.

With all the great info in this thread it really boils down to a math question in my opinion. Can you drink enough of the drinks you want to drink during the week to exceed the cost across the week?

Of course if you do not drink one day then you have to drink double the next day just to keep pace. :)

Personally, I think a single package for $35 a day would be:

1. More attractive and cause more people to buy it

2. Cause people to drink more normally as they would not be as concerned with getting their money's worth

3. Net RCI more profit. They are buying wholesale and in large quantity which means their cost per drink is very low.

Any fence sitters automatically buy at $35 a day ??? (still having to buy all days of course)

[quote name='NightOne']With all the great info in this thread it really boils down to a math question in my opinion. Can you drink enough of the drinks you want to drink during the week to exceed the cost across the week?

Of course if you do not drink one day then you have to drink double the next day just to keep pace. :)

2. Cause people to drink more normally as they would not be as concerned with getting their money's worth

3. Net RCI more profit. They are buying wholesale and in large quantity which means their cost per drink is very low.

[COLOR="Red"]Any fence sitters automatically buy at $35 a day [/COLOR]??? (still having to buy all days of course)[/QUOTE]

That would probably bring me around. And RCI would end up making more money off of me than they do now. I just don't drink very much and at the present pricing I'd either be forking over a lot of money for little return or drinking way more than I would want to or than I would enjoy.

[quote name='mrsfuzzmo']Not sure which ship you are on, but we had 2-3 pre-dinner cocktails in the Champagne bar almost every evening without a problem.....including Bellinis.[/quote]

We'll be on Freedom. Our last 3 cruises have been with Carnival, and we've really missed a lot of things offered on RC ships, the Champagne Bar being one of them. :) I don't even remember the price for a Bellini in the Champagne Bar.

So if you're buying a round and someone in your group doesn't have the package, they would just charge my sea pass for their drinks?

And considering how limited the 45 dollar package is with what it includes what do you think RCI would include in your suggested 35 dollar package?

[quote name='NightOne']With all the great info in this thread it really boils down to a math question in my opinion. Can you drink enough of the drinks you want to drink during the week to exceed the cost across the week?

Any fence sitters automatically buy at $35 a day ??? (still having to buy all days of course)[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

[quote name='constable145']And considering how limited the 45 dollar package is with what it includes what do you think RCI would include in your suggested 35 dollar package?

[/QUOTE]

I am saying the $55 package for $35 so the same as that.

That is $245 a person for a 7 day cruise.

I would guess few people could drink $35 (Wholesale) worth of booze 7 days in a row although I could be wrong.

One of the reasons Royal Caribbean and other main stream cruise lines were so slow to introduce these packages was that they were unsure of the profitably. It took years of lobbying by passengers and research by cruise lines before they came up with 55 $ pp pd.

Something tells me there would be zero interest for them to cut back their profits by 20 bucks a day for every package purchaser.

[quote name='NightOne']I am saying the $55 package for $35 so the same as that.

That is $245 a person for a 7 day cruise.

I would guess few people could drink $35 (Wholesale) worth of booze 7 days in a row although I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='constable145']One of the reasons Royal Caribbean and other main stream cruise lines were so slow to introduce these packages was that they were unsure of the profitably. It took years of lobbying by passengers and research by cruise lines before they came up with 55 $ pp pd.

Something tells me there would be zero interest for them to cut back their profits by 20 bucks a day for every package purchaser.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how many people per cruise are buying the package.

One fictitous example with totally made up numbers:

Lets say it cost RCI $2 per drink. And lets say they can get 25% of every 1000 passengers to buy either $45 or $55 packages. Finally, lets say for now that they drink 10 drinks each day.

So 250 x $50 (average) = $12,500 revenue
Cost = $5000
Profit= $ $7500

Now lets say that we go $35 and can double participation to 50%

500 x $35 = $17500 revenue
Cost = $10000
Profit = $ 7500 (same)

But let's say my theory of people reducing their intake is true and it is an average of 7 drinks per day:

250 x $50 cost goes to $3500 for a $9000 profit.

500 x $35 cost goes to $7000 for a $10,500 profit

Almost a 15% increase in profit per day.

Believe me, corporations do not always get it right the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. time. The corporate graveyard is full of companies who thought they had it all figured out. :)

[quote name='constable145']One of the reasons Royal Caribbean and other main stream cruise lines were so slow to introduce these packages was that they were unsure of the profitably. It took years of lobbying by passengers and research by cruise lines before they came up with 55 $ pp pd.

Something tells me there would be zero interest for them to cut back their profits by 20 bucks a day for every package purchaser.[/quote]
They are more likely to up the price of the package if they continue to see posts from people talking about how they shared the package.

[quote name='dfgf']I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Royal Caribbean has more information regarding their costs and profitability than we do.[/QUOTE]

Defintely when it comes to costs.

Sales projections ... We all have a little something to do with their accuracy on those. :)

[quote name='charmay']Hi,
Does anyone know what drinks exactly the children get on there soda pass? Thanks Sam .[/quote]
Coke products from the fountain machine at the bars, such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Club Soda. If the ship has a Coke Freestyle machine, then there are over 100 varieties that can be dispensed.

[quote name='jules815']We'll be on Freedom. Our last 3 cruises have been with Carnival, and we've really missed a lot of things offered on RC ships, the Champagne Bar being one of them. :) I don't even remember the price for a Bellini in the Champagne Bar.

So if you're buying a round and someone in your group doesn't have the package, they would just charge my sea pass for their drinks?[/QUOTE]

Correct. You would only pay for the one person without the package. We had a TON of fun sitting at the pool bar with about 8 other people all with the package. We all just had our cards sitting in the track on the bar and would take turns picking a shooter. The bartenders would make the shooter, and place one in front ever everyone taking their cards as they went. It was so simple and fun. It was really a great way to meet people and we enjoyed the package very much. The freedom it gives you with not having to worry about a bill at the end of the week makes it totally worth it, even if you don't drink enough to totally cover the cost. The fringe benefit are really where this package shines. Have a great cruise!

Chris Edited by chrismarois

[quote name='clarea']Coke products from the fountain machine at the bars, such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Club Soda. If the ship has a Coke Freestyle machine, then there are over 100 varieties that can be dispensed.[/QUOTE]So its coke and sprite then?
The indy doesnt have a machine.
How boring:rolleyes:
No tangos/fanta or anything.
Thanks anyway x

[quote name='charmay']So its coke and sprite then?
The indy doesnt have a machine.
How boring:rolleyes:
No tangos/fanta or anything.
Thanks anyway x[/quote]
There are more varieties in the cans they sell, such as Ginger Ale, but the cans are not included in the soda package.

[quote name='*Fudge*']Hello, I'm partial to a few mojitos when I cruise, are these included in the premium package?

Thank you.

:)[/quote]
Yes, as long as you just ask for a Mojito, and not one with a premium liquor that is not included in the package.

I'm really liking the sound of this. :)

When we cruise, if you tally up the drinks we get throughout the day, especially when we cruise with our friends, it would be worth it. Some mornings we'll get a Blood Mary or Mimosa with breakfast. A few drinks by the pool during the day, pre-dinner drinks in the Champagne Bar, a glass of wine or two with dinner, an after dinner drink. We'd skip the Premium Wine and Dine package we normally get. (I'd be perfectly fine with the house wines by the glass in the MDR.)

Are there any Cognac's available in the cigar lounge on the premium package? Also, can you use it on Coco Cay and Labadee?

Last but not least, is there a pdf anywhere of the on board drink menus? Curious to see the prices.

[quote name='clarea']Yes, as long as you just ask for a Mojito, and not one with a premium liquor that is not included in the package.[/quote]

Besides the "Champagne Bar," another thing I missed about RC..."Mojitos in Bolero's!" (so happy to be sailing again with RC. Wish we didn't have to wait a year!)

[quote name='jules815']Another "Premium Package" scenario.

Our 24 year old daughter will be sharing a room with her 20 year old sister. Would she be eligible to purchase the package, or do both occupants need to be 21.[/quote]
The 24 year old can purchase the package.