Ultimate Drink Package Thread

Interesting you can't use it in in the champagne bar. Any other bars you could not use it in?

2 other questions...can you get champagne on the package?

If you buy the premium booze package it says all soda and juice. So you don't need the non-alcoholic package to get juice?

House champagne (or some other house sparking wine) is part of the drink package. You don't need any package to get regular juice, it's included at breakfast. However, fresh squeezed juice is not included in any package.

Yes 3 of us bought the package in April, 1 of us did not, we had 2 cabins. They were quite happy to have guaranteed revenue. No medical note needed or any mention of it. Remember some people just do not drink.

Thanks for the response.

When did you buy the package (Before or on the first day of the cruise)? From what I read, RC forces everyone over 21 in the cabin to purchase the package.

What boat were you on?

When on the ship, where do I go to purchase the pkg?

thank you.

Oh, don't worry - they will find you! :D They'll have a couple of different tables set up and will be trying to sign people up as soon as you board. They'll also be set up right outside or inside the Windjammer. Other posters have mentioned that you can order the package from any bartender - I'm not sure if that's accurate information based on first-hand-experience though.

I'm on the Allure in July and want a definitive answer to this if you can please:

I love champagne/sparkling white wine. Are these definitely included and available at all bars? I've read conflicting reports.

It definitely was included on the Freedom. We had many champagne cocktail in the Champagne bar pre-dinner. There was only one that was not included and it was because of some fancy scmancy liquor (hyacinth or some flower) that was in the drink as well.

Yes 3 of us bought the package in April, 1 of us did not, we had 2 cabins. They were quite happy to have guaranteed revenue. No medical note needed or any mention of it. Remember some people just do not drink.

Overall we thought the package was excellent.

Really so how did you manage that? The website says all in a cabin must buy it. How did you avoid them billing for the other person? MY DW doesnt drink at all so I was wondering.

Mike

Really so how did you manage that? The website says all in a cabin must buy it. How did you avoid them billing for the other person? MY DW doesnt drink at all so I was wondering.

Mike

This seems to be a thing that happens only on some ships, and only when some people check you out. If I had to guess it was a mistake on the part of the person doing the selling. The price is the same if you book in advance or on the ship, so you can wait and see what happens. I pre-ordered because then they will give you the sticker at check in and I can head right to a bar and get a drink (my 1st cruise activity ritual) without having to wait in a line to try and purchase the package on board. I would say that you should not expect to be able to purchase the package for only one of you. If it happens that's a bonus :-) Good luck.

This seems to be a thing that happens only on some ships, and only when some people check you out. If I had to guess it was a mistake on the part of the person doing the selling. The price is the same if you book in advance or on the ship, so you can wait and see what happens. I pre-ordered because then they will give you the sticker at check in and I can head right to a bar and get a drink (my 1st cruise activity ritual) without having to wait in a line to try and purchase the package on board. I would say that you should not expect to be able to purchase the package for only one of you. If it happens that's a bonus :-) Good luck.

Glad we found this thread! We wont' be sailing until September of 2014, so we have plenty of time, but this can be purchased ahead of time? Say I wanted to buy the package in February after the holidays, can I do that?

My husband and I were also wondering-He is a beer drinker, and I like the frozen girly drinks, or a good martini-can he get the Classic Package, and then I get the Premium?

Glad we found this thread! We wont' be sailing until September of 2014, so we have plenty of time, but this can be purchased ahead of time? Say I wanted to buy the package in February after the holidays, can I do that?

My husband and I were also wondering-He is a beer drinker, and I like the frozen girly drinks, or a good martini-can he get the Classic Package, and then I get the Premium?

Yes you can purchase in advance. You will see it in the pre-cruise planner on the Royal site under Drink packages. It is a good way to spread the cost of a cruise out.

As for ordering different packages. There is not a way, online, to purchase different packages. I have heard that some people were able to purchase different packages on the boat, but you loose the benefit of spreading out the cost of expenses as the cost would be added to you ship account.

The difference of $10 a day can easily be made up if he has a single cocktail, and the shot of the day at dinner (in a regular glass) if spreading the cost out is most important to you. Remember with the gratuity mixed drinks/frozen drink can be between $7.25 - $11 or so. Something to keep in mind. If he will absolutely only drink beer then waiting might be your best bet.

Chris

Edited by chrismarois

Yes you can purchase in advance. You will see it in the pre-cruise planner on the Royal site under Drink packages. It is a good way to spread the cost of a cruise out.

As for ordering different packages. There is not a way, online, to purchase different packages. I have heard that some people were able to purchase different packages on the boat, but you loose the benefit of spreading out the cost of expenses as the cost would be added to you ship account.

The difference of $10 a day can easily be made up if he has a single cocktail, and the shot of the day at dinner (in a regular glass) if spreading the cost out is most important to you. Remember with the gratuity mixed drinks/frozen drink can be between $7.25 - $11 or so. Something to keep in mind. If he will absolutely only drink beer then waiting might be your best bet.

Chris

He might do a shot once in awhile, and if he's feeling really frisky he might get some scotch or whiskey, so that is definitely something to think about. We will probably just do the Premium Package to keep it simple.

We are thinking of trying a few of the 'fee' restaurants, I'm guessing you can use your package there right?

He might do a shot once in awhile, and if he's feeling really frisky he might get some scotch or whiskey, so that is definitely something to think about. We will probably just do the Premium Package to keep it simple.

We are thinking of trying a few of the 'fee' restaurants, I'm guessing you can use your package there right?

Yes, you can use the drink packages in the specialty restaurants.

Yes, the package is good at all bars on the boat, In the dining rooms, and on the private islands. I have seen were someone said they couldn't use it at the Champagne bar, but that was only a single person and I have talked to many others that were able to use it there no problems.

It was on the Jewel last week that four in our party, at different times, tried to get a drink from the Champagne Bar with no go. Not even soda. I put a slight complaint on the comment card, so maybe they will listen.

Im sorry to ask this question. Is the gratuity included in the $45 and $55 packages?

I believe it is but the terms and conditions I read say it will be added.

Also my friends who booked a cruise today say their email said that the gratuity would be added

Im sorry to ask this question. Is the gratuity included in the $45 and $55 packages?

Also my friends who booked a cruise today say their email said that the gratuity would be added

Gratuity is included in the $45 or $55 per day. At least is for ships sailing out of US ports.

Edited by clarea

I think that where you are getting confused by the terms and conditions is that RCI is saying the will add 15% onto the cost of the drink package up front to cover gratuities. Gratuity is not added to your account each time that you receive a drink.

Hope this helps, they e-mailed this to me this month.

American Premium Beers in Aluminum 16oz Bottles:

Budweiser®, Bud Light®, and Bud Select®

Michelob Ultra®

Blue Moon®

Coors Light®

Miller Lite®

Samuel Adams®

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale®

Smirnoff Ice®

Mike’s Hard Lemonade®

Beers of the World:

Amstel Light®

Beck’s®

Corona Extra®

Dos Equis®

Heineken® and Heineken Light®

Kirin Light®

Peroni®

Pilsner Urquell®

Red Stripe®

Stella Artois®

Select House Wines:

Merlot (La Terre, California, USA)

Chardonay (La Terre, California, USA)

Pino Grigio (La Terre, California, USA)

The Premium Package, at $55.00 per guest per day, includes everything in the

Classic package, plus a selection of premium spirits:

VODKAS

Absolut®

Belvedere®

Finlandia®

Grey Goose®

Ketel One®

Russian Standard®

Smirnoff®

Stolichnaya®

GINS

Beefeater®

Bombay Sapphire®

Hendrick’s®

Tanqueray®

RUMS

Appleton® V/X

Bacardi®

Blackwell Fine Jamaican®

Captain Morgan® Spiced

Cruzan®

Mt. Gay Eclipse® Silver

Malibu®

Myer’s® Original Dark

Gosling’s® Black Seal

Leblon Cachaca®

TEQUILAS

Corazon®

Cuervo®

Sauza®

SCOTCH

The Balvenie® 12 year

Chivas Regal® 12 year

Cutty Sark®

Dewar’s®

Glennfiddich®

J&B®

Johnnie Walker® Black

Johnnie Walker® Red

The Glenlivet®

The Macallan® Select Oak

WHISKIES

Canadian Club®

Crown Royal®

Jack Daniel’s®

Jameson®

Seagram’s® VO

BOURBON

Baker’s®

Blanton’s®

Gentleman Jack®

Jim Beam®

Knob Creek®

Maker’s Mark®

BRANDY & COGNAC

Carlos® I

Courvoisier® VS

CORDIALS

Baileys®

Chambord®

Cointreau®

Disaronno®

Drambuie®

Frangelico®

Grand Mariner®

Jagermeister®

Kahlua®

Southern Comfort®

Tia Maria®

I think that where you are getting confused by the terms and conditions is that RCI is saying the will add 15% onto the cost of the drink package up front to cover gratuities. Gratuity is not added to your account each time that you receive a drink.

They do not add 15% to the cost. The gratuities are included in the $45 and $55 price. Simply multiply the cost of your package by the cruise length to get total cost. Ex: $55 * 7 Day Cruise = $385. There is no additional cost on the ship.

Chris

I tend to order at least one drink of the day each day and if I like it maybe 10 or 12. Are they always included in the premium package? Thanks for any help.

Haha. I like your attitude!! Having 11-13 drinks a day the package will be a great deal for you. The Drinks of the Day are included you just have to ask for it in a plain glass. The special glasses are not included in the package.

Chris

They do not add 15% to the cost. The gratuities are included in the $45 and $55 price. Simply multiply the cost of your package by the cruise length to get total cost. Ex: $55 * 7 Day Cruise = $385. There is no additional cost on the ship.

Chris

The confusing thing is that in t & c it says gratuity will be added, but in FAQ it says it is included apart from some exceptions.

The confusing thing is that in t & c it says gratuity will be added, but in FAQ it says it is included apart from some exceptions.

Not surprising that wording is inconsistent. It's a fairly new program, and it takes Royal a while to get their communications in order. However, I've not read one report of gratuties being added to either of the unlimited alcohol packages.

Not surprising that wording is inconsistent. It's a fairly new program, and it takes Royal a while to get their communications in order. However, I've not read one report of gratuties being added to either of the unlimited alcohol packages.

So the price that they give your per day includes the 15% gratuity?