Ultimate Drink Package Thread

Thanks for the link. I am, however, pretty sure I have read other material that gave me the impression that 15% was added on. But it wouldn't be the first time I have read contradictory, or just plain incorrect, information from RCI.

Thanks for the link. I am, however, pretty sure I have read other material that gave me the impression that 15% was added on. But it wouldn't be the first time I have read contradictory, or just plain incorrect, information from RCI.

Ocean Boy,

Again you will NOT pay gratuities on the drink over the $55 cost per day. I have booked this and talked to MANY people who have used it. You get a slip with $0.00 on it. Some bar/ships make you sign the $0.00 slip in hopes that you add ADDITIONAL gratuities. Additional grats are at your discretion and are not required.

Chris

Ocean Boy,

Again you will NOT pay gratuities on the drink over the $55 cost per day. I have booked this and talked to MANY people who have used it. You get a slip with $0.00 on it. Some bar/ships make you sign the $0.00 slip in hopes that you add ADDITIONAL gratuities. Additional grats are at your discretion and are not required.

Chris

You are correct on every point....based upon our personal experience last month.

Enjoy!

Haha. I like your attitude!! Having 11-13 drinks a day the package will be a great deal for you. The Drinks of the Day are included you just have to ask for it in a plain glass. The special glasses are not included in the package.

Chris

Chris, there is a DOD thread out there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1836895

They say there that there is no longer a "credit" for ordering the DOD without the souvenir glass, that you pay the same price for the DOD whether or not you get the special glass. Do you have any updated information about this??? Is this just rumor, or is there some solid evidence that RCCL is moving in this direction???

Also wanted to send a shoutout to Sportsfan1 for that beverage list!!!

[quote name='ULCajunCruiser']Chris, there is a DOD thread out there: [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1836895[/URL]

They say there that there is no longer a "credit" for ordering the DOD without the souvenir glass, that you pay the same price for the DOD whether or not you get the special glass. Do you have any updated information about this??? Is this just rumor, or is there some solid evidence that RCCL is moving in this direction???

Also wanted to send a shoutout to Sportsfan1 for that beverage list!!![/QUOTE]

Two weeks ago on the Freedom, the drink in the "specialty glasses"......which were different from the "Drink of the Day" were included in the Premium Package BUT you had to pay extra for the glass. We never inquired as to how much they would charge our account, because we just didn't need/want the glasses. They would bring you any drink, in a regular hard plastic cup. There were some beautiful drinks walking around the pool in some cool looking glasses, we just didn't want to have to take them home with us.

Drink of the day was NOT one of those drinks. Drink of the day was just the drink that they discounted each day (which of course was included in the package). Edited by mrsfuzzmo

I am confused, can anyone tell me specifically what the $55 package does/does not include?

I am trying to decide whether I should buy the $55 package. My husband would definitely get use out of it, but we can't decide if I would. Here is what I will/will not drink.

At home, I drink 3-4 club sodas with tiny splash of cranberry juice per day. I do not drink any other variety of soda, regular or diet. I have to limit my sugar intake. Diet drinks cause me migraines, I don't touch them.

I do not drink wine or champagne, I get a allergic type reaction to most of them. I do not drink beer.

I drink CLEAR liquors, patron, light rum, that's mostly it, some of the sugary flavored liquors are fine when a specialty drink calls for them. On a vacation, I am guessing I might want 3-4 alcoholic beverages a day, plus my club sodas.

Iced tea and water are "free" in the windjammer, right?? So I would not need to include those in my calculations??

My question is, would I get my $$s worth if I buy the $55 package for myself?

[quote name='LBeeE']I am confused, can anyone tell me specifically what the $55 package does/does not include?

I am trying to decide whether I should buy the $55 package. My husband would definitely get use out of it, but we can't decide if I would. Here is what I will/will not drink.

At home, I drink 3-4 club sodas with tiny splash of cranberry juice per day. I do not drink any other variety of soda, regular or diet. I have to limit my sugar intake. Diet drinks cause me migraines, I don't touch them.

I do not drink wine or champagne, I get a allergic type reaction to most of them. I do not drink beer.

I drink CLEAR liquors, patron, light rum, that's mostly it, some of the sugary flavored liquors are fine when a specialty drink calls for them. On a vacation, I am guessing I might want 3-4 alcoholic beverages a day, plus my club sodas.

Iced tea and water are "free" in the windjammer, right?? So I would not need to include those in my calculations??

My question is, would I get my $$s worth if I buy the $55 package for myself?[/quote]

OK, I'm by no means an expert, but here's what I know/think.

First off, Patron is not included. If you're a Patron or nothing type of girl, then stop thinking about it, this package is not for you. Maybe the soda package is the way for you to go. (There are rumors out there that it may be possible for your husband to get the Premium Drink Package (PDP) and you'd be able to only get the Soda Package, but I think thats a ship decision and not RCCL policy.

So having said that, if you can get by with other tequillas, gins and vodkas; then maybe??? Club soda would be included in the PDP, so you'd be able to get those at no charge.

If you didn't have any package, I'd assume that you 'd have to pay soda prices for a Club Soda and Cranberry, lets call it $2. Then figure $6.50 for your Patron drinks. 4 X $2 plus 4 X $6.50 plus 15% gratuity = $39.10.

So you personally would fall a little short and you'd either lose $15/day or have to drink an extra drink each day to break even. But then you have to factor in how much your husband is "saving" by having the package?? If he is drinking at a $70/day pace, then you're even for the trip, buy the PDP and relax!!! :D

Disclaimer: all the above prices were my best guesses and not actual RCCL prices!!

[quote name='tlatrice']Has there been any word on whether or not they will add a package for 'mocktails'?[/QUOTE]

Mocktails (Non-Alcoholic Cocktails) are included in the premium package, as well as the Beer only package. With the Beer only package is does not specify that the Frozen Non-Alcoholics are included, but it does specifically include frozen in the premium package. I will be happy to inquire about frozen Mocks with the beer only package on my cruise next week for you and report back.

Chris Marois

[quote name='LBeeE']I am confused, can anyone tell me specifically what the $55 package does/does not include?

My question is, would I get my $$s worth if I buy the $55 package for myself?[/QUOTE]

ULCajunCruiser is correct. Patron is NOT included in the premium package, but there are several other tequilas that are (in my opinion) better that are included. Patron is expensive only because of their marketing team and not because it necessarily is the highest quality. If you are only going to have 3-4 drinks a day plus a few Clubs I would think the package would be a waste for you as far as quantity making up the difference. You also seem to be limited on the type of alcohol you like so you dont get the benefit of "risk free" sampling of drinks that you would other wise not drink. ULCajun is also correct that for your purposes the soda package might be your best bet. It should provide you with the Club Soda/Cranberry you enjoy and if you have several of those a day it could cover the cost. If you have any other questions on specific brand that are/are not included just let me know and I can either answer now, or if I am not sure I will report back after my cruise coming up in just over a week.

Chris

[quote name='chrismarois']Mocktails (Non-Alcoholic Cocktails) are included in the premium package, as well as the Beer only package. With the Beer only package is does not specify that the Frozen Non-Alcoholics are included, but it does specifically include frozen in the premium package. I will be happy to inquire about frozen Mocks with the beer only package on my cruise next week for you and report back.

Chris Marois[/quote]

Great! Thank you so much!

[quote name='chrismarois']Haha. I like your attitude!! Having 11-13 drinks a day the package will be a great deal for you. The Drinks of the Day are included [B]you just have to ask for it in a plain glass. The special glasses are not included in the package.[/B]

Chris[/quote]

Question about the part in bold: Does this mean that if I'm lounging in a chair by the pool and a server brings by a tray of drinks, I have to decline and either ask for one in a "plain glass" or go to the bar and get my own? I guess my question boils down to this: What constitutes a plain glass?" Hopefully a "plain glass" is one of the cheap plastic ones they serve poolside?

[quote name='fwacruiser']Question about the part in bold: Does this mean that if I'm lounging in a chair by the pool and a server brings by a tray of drinks, I have to decline and either ask for one in a "plain glass" or go to the bar and get my own? I guess my question boils down to this: What constitutes a plain glass?" Hopefully a "plain glass" is one of the cheap plastic ones they serve poolside?[/QUOTE]

A Plain glass is a glass that you do not keep. So none of the light up glasses, none of the glasses that look like a disco ball, the after dinner shot glasses, etc. A plain glass would be a standard bar glass, or the standard pool side plastic bar glasses. If a drink is offered in a glass you can keep they will charge you for the glass. When you see the person walking around with the tray of light up glasses simple ask them you bring you one in a standard glass. I am sure they can make that happen thus preventing you from walking to the bar, but in my opinion this would justify an extra tip (This is of course up to you and in no way required)

Chris

[quote name='chrismarois']A Plain glass is a glass that you do not keep. So none of the light up glasses, none of the glasses that look like a disco ball, the after dinner shot glasses, etc. A plain glass would be a standard bar glass, or the standard pool side plastic bar glasses. If a drink is offered in a glass you can keep they will charge you for the glass. When you see the person walking around with the tray of light up glasses simple ask them you bring you one in a standard glass. I am sure they can make that happen thus preventing you from walking to the bar, but in my opinion this would justify an extra tip (This is of course up to you and in no way required)

Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris, you have a lot more patience than I do....buts lets see if I can test it.

Is a plain Glass the same as Plain plastic. :-)

Will I still get the fruit garnish

Is the straw free if i order a frozen drink do I have to pay for that separately.

What if I ask for 2 straws

[quote name='SConnolly']Chris, you have a lot more patience than I do....buts lets see if I can test it.

Is a plain Glass the same as Plain plastic. :-)

Will I still get the fruit garnish

Is the straw free if i order a frozen drink do I have to pay for that separately.

What if I ask for 2 straws[/QUOTE]

Haha. No worries. I started the thread, so I better answer the questions :-)

A plain glass is the normal bar glass you would get at any bar that is suitable for the drink. High Ball Glass for Scotch rocks, shot glass for a shot, or a pint glass for a draft beer. On pool decks they do not use glass as it is a safety risk, so they use plastic cups. They are the reusable plastic cups like would be at a cafeteria. In both cases you would drink your drink and the glass would be taken back, washed and reused.

Everything else will be the same when ordering the drink. You can get the umbrella, the fruit, 20 straws if you want. The drinks are not "crippled" because you use the package they just dont come in the fancy glasses. This is not unique to the package. If you do not purchase the package you can ask for those fancy glass drinks in a regular glass and you will be charged less, as you are always paying extra for the glass.

Should you decide that one of the glasses is really nice and you would like it then you will only pay the price of the glass. The drink portion will still be included in your package.

I hope this was a bit clearer. :-)

Chris Edited by chrismarois

[quote name='chrismarois']Haha. No worries. I started the thread, so I better answer the questions :-)

A plain glass is the normal bar glass you would get at any bar that is suitable for the drink. High Ball Glass for Scotch rocks, shot glass for a shot, or a pint glass for a draft beer. On pool decks they do not use glass as it is a safety risk, so they use plastic cups. They are the reusable plastic cups like would be at a cafeteria. In both cases you would drink your drink and the glass would be taken back, washed and reused.

Everything else will be the same when ordering the drink. You can get the umbrella, the fruit, 20 straws if you want. The drinks are not "crippled" because you use the package they just dont come in the fancy glasses. This is not unique to the package. If you do not purchase the package you can ask for those fancy glass drinks in a regular glass and you will be charged less, as you are always paying extra for the glass.

Should you decide that one of the glasses is really nice and you would like it then you will only pay the price of the glass. The drink portion will still be included in your package.

I hope this was a bit clearer. :-)

Chris[/QUOTE]

Awesome:....

We loved the package and thought it was a great deal.

[quote name='chrismarois']Any more specific question on the Liquor Package I can get answered for anyone? I will be using the package in just a few days, so anything you want answered send over and I will find out for you.

Chris[/quote]

I'll be using this package for the first time 2 days from now on Freedom!

I have gotten a dozen answers one way then the other.... The $45 drink package includes beers up to 5.95, 6.00, 6.50? Premium covers ALL beers except 2 or 3 really high priced ones????? Drafts? 16 oz? So many different answers. IF YOU ARE A BEER DRINKER, can you please clarify.... If you are not, Please do not waste any time finding out! Just have fun!

[quote name='jjjday']I have gotten a dozen answers one way then the other.... The $45 drink package includes beers up to 5.95, 6.00, 6.50? Premium covers ALL beers except 2 or 3 really high priced ones????? Drafts? 16 oz? So many different answers. IF YOU ARE A BEER DRINKER, can you please clarify.... If you are not, Please do not waste any time finding out! Just have fun![/quote]
This was posted a few days ago:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38401398&postcount=67[/url]

[quote name='jjjday']I have gotten a dozen answers one way then the other.... The $45 drink package includes beers up to 5.95, 6.00, 6.50? Premium covers ALL beers except 2 or 3 really high priced ones????? Drafts? 16 oz? So many different answers. IF YOU ARE A BEER DRINKER, can you please clarify.... If you are not, Please do not waste any time finding out! Just have fun![/QUOTE]

Not a problem. I will get a complete beer list and talk to the bar tenders about the packages. I have the Premium package, but they should be able to tell me if there is any differences in the beer offerings included. I do believe though that you do get a complete beer list (relative to the Premium package) with the Beer only package.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you so very much for not only creating this thread, but finding and giving such clear answers when you can.

We really appreciate your time in finding answers to all the questions that is on your list when you cruise. It will be very helpful for our trip next June.

Be sure to have a great time for yourself also!!

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know if they pro-rate the packages? We're considering buying it, but our next cruise is to Bermuda and we'll be out and about for a good part of 3 days, so we were thinking of just buying it the last day at port and the remaining two days at sea?? I know they pro-rate the soda package - so I was just wondering..

I know the classic package is a good deal for my hubby, but I don't know if I'd be getting my money's worth with the premium (I don't like beer so I have to go premium).