Ultimate Drink Package Thread

[quote name='ricksandy']Does anyone know if they pro-rate the packages? We're considering buying it, but our next cruise is to Bermuda and we'll be out and about for a good part of 3 days, so we were thinking of just buying it the last day at port and the remaining two days at sea?? I know they pro-rate the soda package - so I was just wondering..

I know the classic package is a good deal for my hubby, but I don't know if I'd be getting my money's worth with the premium (I don't like beer so I have to go premium).[/quote]
The package has to be purchased for all days of the cruise.

Chris,

If you could post a picture of the current bar/drink menu, that would be helpful to those that need help deciding if the package is worth it.

Was there a discount for the nine days, or the regular rate for each package for the 9 days?
I thought i read somewhere that it was a little less for the longer cruises.

Thanks, and enjoy your cruise! Edited by music

Whatever you may learn on these threads may change by the time you cruise....

When we signed up for the drink package...we were told the 45 package included beers up to 6.25 and the 55 package included beers above this price.

We were on the Allure last week and the premium 55 package only covered beers up to 6.25, the same as the lower 45 package. Although a Guiness only cost 5.95 we still were not allowed to have the Guiness. No one would give us a list of what actually was covered....I think they change the rules weekly!

[quote name='music']Chris,

If you could post a picture of the current bar/drink menu, that would be helpful to those that need help deciding if the package is worth it.

Was there a discount for the nine days, or the regular rate for each package for the 9 days?

Thanks, and enjoy your cruise![/QUOTE]

I will gladly take pictures of the current bar menu's and post them up. Also there was no discount for a 9 day cruise. If was the $55 * 9 Days.

Chris

[quote name='music']Chris,

Thanks, and enjoy your cruise![/QUOTE]

The price is per day, $45 for the "regular" package and $55 for the premium package. Your price for ANY cruise is number of cruise nights times this dollar figure.

[quote name='NeuroQueen']It was on the Jewel last week that four in our party, at different times, tried to get a drink from the Champagne Bar with no go. Not even soda. I put a slight complaint on the comment card, so maybe they will listen.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]The reason that you cannot get drinks with soda or even plain soda at the Champagne Bar is because they do NOT have a soda machine at the Champagne Bar. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ocean Boy']So the price that they give your per day includes the 15% gratuity?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]Yes that is correct. The $45 and $55 drink packages already have the 15% built into the $45 and $55 per day price. In reality the packages are roughly 39.13 and 47.83 then the added gratuity brings it up to the 45 and 55 prices.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='travellovers']I looked over the list and I don't see any champagne listed....am I missing it? Thanks for posting the list
I sure wish they would upgrade the wine with the premium package...maybe if enough people comment??
Thanks all[/quote]
Champagne is included as part of "house wine". It may not be actual French Champagne, but they will have some sort of sparkling white wine.

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter & I are on the Explorer 9 day at the end of June. We will be glad to have the info Chris will be supplying. We are leaning towards the package, more info will be helpful!

[quote name='whyrlygig']It's really annoying that when I try to purchase the package on line, it adds an additional gratuity. Has anyone figured out a way around that flaw in the system?[/quote]
I've read about others having this problem, and I believe they were able place the order by avoiding the website and calling Royal directly.

Looking at the list posted previously, the beer and spirits look fine, but i see only 3 wines on the package 1 red and 2 white. Is that it ? And what are the reports of it like (the wine)

Having wine every night with dinner, makes the wine aspect of the package a dealbreaker for me.....

[quote name='thwatcher100']Looking at the list posted previously, the beer and spirits look fine, but i see only 3 wines on the package 1 red and 2 white. Is that it ? And what are the reports of it like (the wine)

Having wine every night with dinner, makes the wine aspect of the package a dealbreaker for me.....[/quote]
Yes, the wines are the weak part of the package. Very little choice, and no credit if you want a wine outside the package.

[quote name='whyrlygig']It's really annoying that when I try to purchase the package on line, it adds an additional gratuity. Has anyone figured out a way around that flaw in the system?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clarea']I've read about others having this problem, and I believe they were able place the order by avoiding the website and calling Royal directly.[/QUOTE]

See, I knew I recalled something about a 15% gratuity being figured in on top of the package price!

Looking at the list posted previously, the beer and spirits look fine, but i see only 3 wines on the package 1 red and 2 white. Is that it ? And what are the reports of it like (the wine)

Having wine every night with dinner, makes the wine aspect of the package a dealbreaker for me.....

It was an issue for us on the Adventure Transatlantic. I drink white wine with dinner and the only choice is a Chardonney. Its a very heavy one with a strong flavour and is way over the top to have with dinner. I complained but the Bar Manager said they buy it in bulk and wont be changing anytime soon.

So you can have a choice of dozens of beers or spirits but only one white wine (plus the sparkling one of course).

Our alcohol package was a freebie but I would not pay for it unless they changed the house white.

I ordered the premium package online for the cruise from which I just returned. It did NOT add an additional 15% on top of the $385 price (7 days x $55 per day). Odd that not everyone is having the same experience on the website.

Hi,

Anyone fresh off a ship remember how much the soda package was for under 17?

I was told $5.50 over the phone.

so the price must have risen as I keep reading $4.50?

Thanks Sam.

Royal's website still says $4.50 per day plus gratuity for under 18:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=3653&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Hi,

Anyone fresh off a ship remember how much the soda package was for under 17?

I was told $5.50 over the phone.

so the price must have risen as I keep reading $4.50?

Thanks Sam.

I'm positive that it's $4.50 a day plus gratuity. I was just on a ship last week.