Ultimate Drink Package Thread

With the premium package you only get the house wines? one of each type- red white etc? On Celebrity last year my DW had a choice of wines.

Yes, unfortunately only the house wines, and they won't commit in advance as to what are house wines, so you will only know which they are when you get on board. Also no credit for a more expensive glass like on Celebrity.

We'll be on Allure in November. Talking about getting the premium drink package and I thought rccl website that it includes everything but bottled water, don't know if that's true. Also wondering if the after dinner drinks are included in any of the package.

We'll be on Allure in November. Talking about getting the premium drink package and I thought rccl website that it includes everything but bottled water, don't know if that's true. Also wondering if the after dinner drinks are included in any of the package.

The premium drink package also does not include specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices, and soda from the Freestyle machines. I believe people have reported being able to get the after dinner shots, though not with souvenir glasses.

We are still debating.

I will have red wine with every dinner and drink either Heineken or a Bloody Mary.

How much are bloody Mary's and does that come with goose? (Oasis) I am a vodka snob and I love my vodka.

My wife will maybe have a glass of wine and then "fru-fru" drinks (daiquiri type frozen with whipped cream).

If I didn't buy it I would probably order 4-5 drinks a day. If I did... The sky's the limit!!!

I don't want a souvenir glass but would drink all the shots they toss at me :)

Yes, unfortunately only the house wines, and they won't commit in advance as to what are house wines, so you will only know which they are when you get on board. Also no credit for a more expensive glass like on Celebrity.

Is it the same white wine for the 7 days, or maybe a change every couple days?

I can speak for the red, and they had a merlot and a cab that were the same for the entire cruise.

I would like to know about martinis. I've heard conflicting reports about whether they are included or not in the premium package (I think they are:confused:).

Could you please confirm that they are included and whether there are any specific martinis that are not included (maybe some more expensive or top shelf ones are not?) Thanks.:D

I can speak for the red, and they had a merlot and a cab that were the same for the entire cruise.

And as far as Chardonnay goes, it was also the same for the whole cruise (St. Martin).

The only time I'd expect a change is if they are depleting one brand in favor of another one and you happen to catch the switchover. During my last cruise, I noticed that there were also some La Terre wine (not sure what kind) being served. They may have been in the process of switching from La Terre to St. Martin.

Hi, Bob. Wondering if it was La Terre? I remember talking to you at the Diamond event on the Monarch and you encouraged me to complain about the wine on the comment card. I had no problem doing so - it was barely drinkable!

Hi, Bob. Wondering if it was La Terre? I remember talking to you at the Diamond event on the Monarch and you encouraged me to complain about the wine on the comment card. I had no problem doing so - it was barely drinkable!

Hi Dave, I remember you from Monarch. If I remember correctly, the last Monarch cruise was going from La Terre to St. Martin, but not all varieties at once. I think I remember Desmond with both La Terre and St. Martin on his tray. On Explorer in April, all I saw was St. Martin in the CL.

Edited by clarea

We are still debating.

I will have red wine with every dinner and drink either Heineken or a Bloody Mary.

How much are bloody Mary's and does that come with goose? (Oasis) I am a vodka snob and I love my vodka.

My wife will maybe have a glass of wine and then "fru-fru" drinks (daiquiri type frozen with whipped cream).

If I didn't buy it I would probably order 4-5 drinks a day. If I did... The sky's the limit!!!

I don't want a souvenir glass but would drink all the shots they toss at me :)

Yes Goose is included with this package. I will try to find out how much a Bloody Mary with goose would cost without the package to help you decide. Also the after dinner drinks are included, you just have to ask for one not in the special glass. If you ask the bar person the first night for the shot each night in a regular glass they should have them for you. I will be testing this in the Explorer at the end of the month and will report back.

I would like to know about martinis. I've heard conflicting reports about whether they are included or not in the premium package (I think they are:confused:).

Could you please confirm that they are included and whether there are any specific martinis that are not included (maybe some more expensive or top shelf ones are not?) Thanks.:D

Martini's are included. I will check to see if any are specifically excluded and attempt to make an included version of that drink by substituting for included liquors. From what i have been told the only excluded vodka is Belvedere vodka. If you simply ask for the same drink with Goose you should be fine.

Chris

Can you find out the cost for Gentleman Jack / Coke? I saw one list on a forum where it looked like GJ is available, but I haven't seen anywhere else that confirms they have my "staple." :-)

I'm not worried about whether the premium package is worthwhile for me, I know it will be, but DW is a moderate drinker and I wonder whether enough of my GJ/Cokes will make up the difference. Ha ha

Can you find out the cost for Gentleman Jack / Coke? I saw one list on a forum where it looked like GJ is available, but I haven't seen anywhere else that confirms they have my "staple." :-)

I'm not worried about whether the premium package is worthwhile for me, I know it will be, but DW is a moderate drinker and I wonder whether enough of my GJ/Cokes will make up the difference. Ha ha

Not a problem. I sail at the end of the month and will answer all questions once I return. I have added this question to my list

Chris

I would like to know the following:

On a Western Med Cruise from/to Barcelona, they add additional 10% tax on every drink you purchase on board. My understanding is, if I buy the premium drink package online, it includes gratuities. What about this tax? They will probably not add it if I buy the package online, right?

I would love to have an answer from someone who did the Western Med on the Liberty from Barcelona.

I cruised on Liberty out of Barcelona at the start of the month. There were 4 adults, we had all purchased premium drink packages prior to sailing. To my knowledge there was no extra tax added on to the price we paid :)

I would also like to add that buying the package was brilliant for us, it seemed like a lot of money at first but I loved not having to worry about how much we were spending. I'm a cocktail and spirit drinker too, which generally tend to be the more expensive drinks! Not sure if I broke even, especially on the last evening (sea sickness!), but I think my husband probably made up for it ;)

Re premium drinks package. Carry out an advanced search for live cruise under RCCL and check out page 19 of Mr Fun in the Sun's live cruise on JOS. There is a photo of a menu showing all the different brands of gin, whisky, vodka etc. Couldn't figure out how to copy photo to this thread but if someone else can it will avoid having to do a search each time. I was very pleased to see Bombay Sapphire listed. Now here's a question. I like a BS with orange juice as the mixer. Am guessing I'll have to pay separate for the OJ? :rolleyes:

Re premium drinks package. Carry out an advanced search for live cruise under RCCL and check out page 19 of Mr Fun in the Sun's live cruise on JOS. There is a photo of a menu showing all the different brands of gin, whisky, vodka etc. Couldn't figure out how to copy photo to this thread but if someone else can it will avoid having to do a search each time. I was very pleased to see Bombay Sapphire listed. Now here's a question. I like a BS with orange juice as the mixer. Am guessing I'll have to pay separate for the OJ? :rolleyes:

The picture you reference is a sample of the included liquors, but is not an all inclusive list. You do not have to pay extra for mixers. Unless you are looking for High End Scotch, or other Very high end liquors pretty much all liquor is included. The excluded brands that are not Scotches appear to be the highly marketed brands such as Patron, or Belvadere.

We think IOHO that the package is a good idea. I'm not a big drinker but as they say "when in Rome" and love a cocktail, normally as a treat and this way will be able to try out some that I wouldn't usually go for. Plus over a long dinner it's very easy to consume 2 to 3 glasses of wine. Then there'll be the trip to the R bar, Quill & Compass etc etc.....:D

We were on the Jewel's last regular cruise from Tampa on May 6-11 and all had the premium package. The Champagne Bar, which was a full bar, would not honor the package for even a soda. I was a bit bummed as it was a beautiful bar with a nice view. Maybe they didn't want "rowdy" types spoiling their atmosphere. Haha! I also thought maybe it was due to only premium liquors being sold there, but that was not the case. They simply did not participate. Otherwise the package was great, but 90% of the bars made you sign a receipt. I was a little sick of alcohol at the end, though.

Anyone have any experience when traveling with a group where not everyone has a drink package?

What prevents a person with a package from ordering 3 drinks one at a time within 1-2 minutes? (3 separate bills)

Can a person just order 3 drinks at once with the package?

Also, I saw mention of one person being able to get the package for just one person in a cabin, but the other person had a doctor's note (about a medical condition). Anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Anyone have any experience when traveling with a group where not everyone has a drink package?

What prevents a person with a package from ordering 3 drinks one at a time within 1-2 minutes? (3 separate bills)

Can a person just order 3 drinks at once with the package?

Also, I saw mention of one person being able to get the package for just one person in a cabin, but the other person had a doctor's note (about a medical condition). Anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Yes 3 of us bought the package in April, 1 of us did not, we had 2 cabins. They were quite happy to have guaranteed revenue. No medical note needed or any mention of it. Remember some people just do not drink.

As for ordering drinks the bartender will tell you that the package is for personal use only. If you order 3 drinks you will need 3 cards with the package or 1 card with the package and then they will just charge you for the other 2 drinks. The are are excellent at remembering their clients and their drinking habits :-). Min waiting time was 5 mins between drinks, we actually asked. Occasionally you could get 2 bottles of beer at a time if you wanted a pint glass and were sitting at the bar.

Overall we thought the package was excellent.

Chris, that would be me you are quoting...

Its not about our D+ status trust me and we would have had no cause of action to be angry if they had said no. We would have made our decision and moved on. As I said it is Its about doing it in person on the ship as I explained. I am sure you know by know if you call RCCL, they have a standard script they must adhere to and what limitations they have in place on their pre booking website. Hell many of the RCCL reps have never even cruised before.= and rely on us to bring them up to speed. (try asking them next time)

What happens in Miami Corp office etc has nothing to do with how the how the ship handles each situation. The ship is also responsible for generating their own revenue and they are given some freedom

Many, many folks did what we did, I witnessed it in person and discussed it then subsequently with some key personnnel the on Revenue team. I also discueed it with fellow cruisers at some bars. Will they enforce it on one ship versus another, sure its quiet possible just like the house wine selection is not consistent or beer selection or food.

Bottom line, wait until you board to book and see how it goes.

Good luck

When on the ship, where do I go to purchase the pkg?

thank you.

We were on the Jewel's last regular cruise from Tampa on May 6-11 and all had the premium package. The Champagne Bar, which was a full bar, would not honor the package for even a soda. I was a bit bummed as it was a beautiful bar with a nice view. Maybe they didn't want "rowdy" types spoiling their atmosphere. Haha! I also thought maybe it was due to only premium liquors being sold there, but that was not the case. They simply did not participate. Otherwise the package was great, but 90% of the bars made you sign a receipt. I was a little sick of alcohol at the end, though.

Interesting you can't use it in in the champagne bar. Any other bars you could not use it in?

2 other questions...can you get champagne on the package?

If you buy the premium booze package it says all soda and juice. So you don't need the non-alcoholic package to get juice?