Ultimate Drink Package Thread

As recently as today in another thread, it was stated that not all individuals over 21 in a cabin had to purchases the package.

This is something that I would love to hear confirmed/clarified as for me it would probably be the dealbreaker if my wife, who is a very moderate wine drinker, was forced to purchase the package.

Also today I read that the dreaded La Terre is no longer the house white and has been replaced by a Robert Mondavi wine. Again confirmation would be appreciated.

Finally, my main drink would be Heineken bottles. A confirmation of the price would enable me to work out how many I would to drink per day to make that package worthwhile.

Drink package has to be purchased by all in one cabin. There may be certain circumstances, (like maybe really old people who don't drink?)

Just returned from Allure and had the beverage package. I was going to do a separate review of it, but bottom line is that we found very little that was not included. Caipirhinas, martinis of all kinds, red bull drinks, etc. - everything on the menu that we ordered was included, and everything off menu that we ordered as well. Even margaritas that on the menu called for Patron were given to us. I don't know if they substituted other tequila or not when they made ours. We also were given souvenir glasses several times. Although officially the drink package does not get you souvenir glasses, many bartenders served in them and it did not seem to be an issue (we never asked for one).

Someone above asked about sangria in Vintages - I don't believe that anything in Vintages is included. They have a very limited bar, and mainly serve nice wines. I don't think you can get the included wines there but I did not ask. There is a sangria drink on the RC bar menu that is in every bar, but it is sweeter than traditional sangria.

Hi can anyone tell me are Pina Coladas and Caipirinhas included in premium drinks package

I think Caipirinhas are made with Cachaca (a sugarcane based liquor) and I'm not sure they have that on a ship, so my guess is no. However if you substitute any nice rum for the Cachaca, then add in whatever else makes it up (lime and sugar???) then why not!!!

I have caipirinhas on every Royal Caribbean ship. They have no problem with it at all. I am sure that it would be included in the package as it is not an expensive drink.

For those of you who don't know what it is, think "Mojito without the mint, add real lime, and substitute cachaça for the rum."

Cachaça is a Brazilian sugarcane-based rum, as stated above.

Drink package has to be purchased by all in one cabin. There may be certain circumstances, (like maybe really old people who don't drink?)

Wrong! Since I wrote the post that you replied to, we have had our cruise on Liberty. I was able to buy the package for just myself by explaining that my wife is just a very light drinker. No age thing no medical thing. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe RCL when pushed don't want to lose out on a sale. I did say that if we both had to buy it then we wouldn't be doing so.

:)

Can anyone tell me if the Red and White Sangria from Vintages is included in the package?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. From various posters reporting over the last few months, it seems there are very few choices of wines included. They usually report a chardonnay, a rose, a merlot, and a cab.

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered...

I am thinking about the Bev package on the Allure............Can I use it on Labadee? Is the package not to used on RCi private islands?

The package can be used on the private islands of Labadee and Coco Cay.

However, you might have to walk up to a bar because the roving bar servers usually have their drinks in souvenir cups, and those cups are not included as part of the drink package.

Edited by clarea

Read through most of the posts here and still have a couple questions. Are all drinks on the Champagne bar menu included on the Jewel (some posts seem to vary on this for different ships)? The jewel does not have the soda machines - Is soda included in the package? - for instance can I order a soda in the windjammer with the package?

Read through most of the posts here and still have a couple questions. Are all drinks on the Champagne bar menu included on the Jewel (some posts seem to vary on this for different ships)? The jewel does not have the soda machines - Is soda included in the package? - for instance can I order a soda in the windjammer with the package?

Soda is included with all the alcohol packages. In fact, even if the ship did have a soda machine, you would not be able to use it because the alcohol package does not include the special cup needed for the soda machines. However, you can always get soda from a bar or restaurant, just not the extensive variety that comes from the soda machine.

Edited by clarea

Swami,

We both did the premium package in out cabin, there were a couple of solo cabin cruisers that purchase the package.. no one tried to do a package with out the other person also getting it. We went to the table across from the crown & kettle to purchase the package after lunch and before going to the cabin, so we could bring a drink with us.

Edited by music

Actually, I don't want the premium beverage plan, just one that gets me wine and soda/juice. Also, the beverage plan doesn't say how many drinks it covers. Trying to figure out if we should do this. I'm going to want a couple of glasses of wine each evening. Help!

Edited by btc1951

Music, thanks for reply. I still haven't heard it definitively stated that one person in cabin could buy premium package on day 1 and other adult in same cabin could just pay per drink( so letter from Dr. Claiming medical issues really wouldn't be the truth if said person decides to purchase a few drinks at dinner or pool). Music, if I may, I was wondering which port was your favorite and why? Thanks Swami

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

It is unlimited, I traveled with 5 24 year old's that used the package a lot! No one was to the point of being shut off, but they had a great time. The girls night out and the guys night out proved to be a big drinking night for them.

I had Bailey's in my coffee, a few drinks in the afternoon, frozen lemonade type drinks, one or two martini's before dinner, a drink with dinner, the dinner shots and a shot for the after dinner coffee. Then out for the evening, a drink for the show, maybe one or two after that.

I was never drunk, and no, I never drink like this at home!!

At the end of the cruise, we all pooled our extra tip money for the wait staff and the bartender that came around our table regularly. They made out well!

Edited by music

Swami,

I don't think I had a favorite, they were all great, San Juan was Wedding day so we didn't get to see it. A good reason to go back! We set up a tour on St Maartin that was a lot of fun, Labadee is a beautiful beach, great lazy day or swim day. Didn't purchase anything to do there, spent my money on the beverage package! We did find our favorite bartender on Labadee! I spent a few days in Bermuda on a previous cruise so we went to Barefoot beach and checked out the shops on the dockyard. The glass blowing was very interesting to watch.

I want to purchase the premium beverage plan for myself, but my husband doesn't drink for medical reasons. Will the Brilliance of the Seas allow that?

You should bring a letter from a doctor to that effect.

We're just back from the Liberty of the Seas and Red Bull was definitely not on the drinks package. We also found that staff were not as keen to take our drinks order as they were on previous cruises without the drinks package. I quoted this site saying that all of the other Royal Caribbean ships were allowing Red Bull on the drinks package but it fell on deaf ears. The staff were totally unwilling to listen and were very rude to deal with.

We're hoping to go on the Allure or the Oasis in the next six months but will be rethinking the whole drinks package as I don't think it was worth the grief. You'd think that it cost pittance the way you get treated for it. One staff member told me to finish the drop in my glass before he'd get me another drink!!!

lorr27 I can only say that my experience in early June was completely different. I had absolutely no problems with any staff with getting served as promptly as anyone else. I cant wait to get back on the ship and one of the reasons for that is the staff. Cant comment on the Red Bull thing as I don't use it.

Edited by Frankmac

Just off the rhaposdy ots and did get the drink package I consider myself a very social drinker , I do enjoy a drink or two with friends ect , but for all the people that want to dispute if I'm a alcoholic , I'm not my sponsor told me so , anyway here is my take first two or three days was great drink what I wanted and tried a few things I had never had before , I never waisted a drink if I ordered it I drank it ,there are a few that to me tasted like boat gas day four and five just needed to slow down a bit ....no mudslides for breakfast that kinda thing . The one thing that's surprised me was that I was lead to believe that you did not have to sign for the drinks , I always had to and did have a few of the wait staff lingering for a tip which I did give with every drink order so did end up costing me even more , I won't be getting the package again and the only reason I did this time was because of the big OBC I had . I can see this saving people money unless your Sh!tfaced all day everyday

Well that's my 2 cents worth

Cheers

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are going on the Allure of the Seas on 25th August. Have read most of the replies and they were all very helpful. I have a couple of questions about the premium drinks package-what is the white wine? Would it be more sensible and economical for a predominantly Pinot Grigio drinker to buy the wine and dine package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are going on the Allure of the Seas on 25th August. Have read most of the replies and they were all very helpful. I have a couple of questions about the premium drinks package-what is the white wine? Would it be more sensible and economical for a predominantly Pinot Grigio drinker to buy the wine and dine package?

Royal does not specify exactly what they mean by house wine. People have reported that the white wine was St. Martin Chardonnay. However, that does not mean it will be the same for your cruise. If this is important, then it's best to wait until you board and ask for specifics then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can only account for our Med cruise on Liberty in June. The house wine was Clos de Bois Pinot Grigio. I believe it is a Californian wine and it was fine to us not wine experts.

I am sure there are those who would say that that particular wine is undrinkable