Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest April 21-28th, 2013 Picture Review

Your pictures are unreal! I am from Louisiana(Bossier City) and LOVE LOVE LOVE NOLA so much. I live in NC now but crave my La. I am so enjoying your review and pictures. You put us RIGHT the with you, so unreal! The chair lift pictures to access that beach are blowing my mind! I live in ski country now so that is so funny to see that lift on a beach! We go out of Charleston in a 3 weeks so any picture of a ship is exciting to me. Thank you so very much for sharing!

Where do you guys park Sarge? We will be sailing out in October on the Conquest and have heard some horror stories about the port parking. My mom will be using her wheelchair and she would rather pay to park there instead of trying to worry about a shuttle. I have heard that you can sit in line for over an hour waiting to get in lot!

Your pictures are unreal! I am from Louisiana(Bossier City) and LOVE LOVE LOVE NOLA so much. I live in NC now but crave my La. I am so enjoying your review and pictures. You put us RIGHT the with you, so unreal! The chair lift pictures to access that beach are blowing my mind! I live in ski country now so that is so funny to see that lift on a beach! We go out of Charleston in a 3 weeks so any picture of a ship is exciting to me. Thank you so very much for sharing!

Thank you. Will be in Bossier and Haughton Saturday night. You can also just walk to the beach, too.

892310_10201047222562846_2121823395_o.jpg

Where do you guys park Sarge? We will be sailing out in October on the Conquest and have heard some horror stories about the port parking. My mom will be using her wheelchair and she would rather pay to park there instead of trying to worry about a shuttle. I have heard that you can sit in line for over an hour waiting to get in lot!

We ALWAYS park at the port. Never waited over 10 or 15 minutes to enter. Try to get there "early" - say 10:30am or so.

You pay on the way in, porters take luggage directly from your vehicle once inside the garage and then you park your vehicle. No shuttles to worry about, just take an elevator.

They might say to take the elevator to the ground floor, but I would try to take it to the first floor and directly to check-in with a wheelchair.

Leaving can be interesting. We always get a porter to help with luggage. It is worth it just to get to the head of the line for immigration. Sometimes the porters will take the luggage to the car and sometimes just to the curb and someone will have to pick the car up and drive it to where the luggage and other passengers are. If you are just one person, they have to take it to the car - they can leave it unattended on the curb and the porter certainly isn't going to waste time watching it. Not sure what the wheelchair policy is.

As I mentioned, my snorkel camera drown and has already been replaced with a newer model.

I did have a backup camera that was new and has it's own issues but did play some with it. Having to go back to the ship to pick it up allowed me to get a lot of gratuitous cursing out of my system with regards to the dead camera.

I did discover taking a picture every half seconds results in a lot of pictures with not always much to see. So I threw them into a video that should provide many minutes of boredom. Feel free to watch or not or skip around.

Meanwhile, back at the ship it was time for some lunch and then take my DSLR out for a walk.

A Pig Patty seemed appropriate

DSC_6437_Zyde.jpg

Some of the fake picnic benches

DSC_6438_Zyde.jpg

and there are plenty of regular tables

DSC_6439_Zyde.jpg

lots of choices

DSC_6440_Zyde.jpg

Yum

DSC_6442_Zyde.jpg

Good from any direction

DSC_6443_Zyde.jpg

DSC_6444_Zyde.jpg

Snorkeling and cursing can really burn up some calories so decided some pizza was in order. The new pizza is outstanding!

DSC_6456_Zyde.jpg

If you order cheese pizza, you will probably end up with Margherita, which isn't bad

DSC_6445_Zyde.jpg

but if you like cheese, go for the Quatto Formaggi - awesome!

DSC_6450_Zyde.jpg

DSC_6451_Zyde.jpg

Had to use a knife and fork for the first bite or two

DSC_6453_Zyde.jpg

Perfect!

DSC_6454_Zyde.jpg

Liberty left early - we would stay for a while

DSC_6457_Zyde.jpg

I didn't realize that Carnival shared Mahogany Bay with Royal. :p

DSC_6460_Zyde.jpg

and then back out to walk off some of lunch

DSC_6464_Zyde.jpg

I am really enjoying your review, especially the awesome pictures. Have you ever done anything in Roatan besides snorkel? We can't decide what to do there.

By the way, I loved the picture of the 'Royal' ship. LOL

I still need to practice with that camera - right now it is more of a novelty.

I doubt I will have time to study each of the pictures, but there are some pearls. When snorkeling you don't want to rush - you want to observe everything.

wht is the new P&S

I am really enjoying your review, especially the awesome pictures. Have you ever done anything in Roatan besides snorkel? We can't decide what to do there.

By the way, I loved the picture of the 'Royal' ship. LOL

One time I rented a taxi from a driver who's English was as bad as my Spanish. He drove me all over but it did include a snorkel at West Bay. It was interesting and I think I paid (at the time) maybe $35 or $40.

Anther time we went with Victor Bodden's company. There are several options you can choose and I chose, a snorkel.

http://www.boddentours.com/

There are a few other tour companies doing similar. Just pick whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

wht is the new P&S

It's a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition which is kind of a PoS. It kept locking up and I had to keep reloading the firmware. And I was using the latest update. Not hard to do but it does take a little time and usually seems to happen when you don't have spare time.

Since the cruise, they have come out with a second, major update and I hope that helps with the stability. We'll see.

The camera isn't really a P&S but does seem ideal for action shots - like going down a slide on a room service tray. :eek:

The camera that drown was the Canon D10 so now I do have a Canon D20, but I would have preferred to buy it on my terms.

- like going down a slide on a room service tray. :eek:

The camera that drown was the Canon D10 so now I do have a Canon D20, but I would have preferred to buy it on my terms.

I dare you ;)

Im waiting for the price to come down a little on the D20 b ut have only heard good things about i