Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Can anyone answer. If you purchase a coffee card where can it be used for premium coffee - can you receive better coffee at dinner? On the star. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

You can get specialty coffee drinks but not fresh brewed in the dining rooms.

I purchased the coffee card during my September 1st Golden cruise. I asked just that. I was told that the assistant server would have to go all of the way to the International Café to get it. Since I was in the far forward dining room, there was no way.

I guess if you are in the dining room on the 5th deck, it might be possible.

And who is not going to be served while he is doing something outside of his job responsibility?

I have read through this entire thread :D however I am a bit unclear on something. If you purchase a soda sticker:

1. As i understand: You can pre-purchase it? Online? And it will be on your card with refillable mugs in your room waiting.

2. Clarification needed: It is also good for mocktails and MILKSHAKES? (Husband really wants to know about those)! Are they only in specific places?

3. Question: do you have to carry around and use your mug? Or just show your card to get your soda or whatever?

4. Question: is club soda considered soda? Is it available?

5. Brand new Question: what brand of sodas do they carry? Pepsi? Coke? Or generic?

This would be for sailing on the Star Princess Alaska Cruise.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Mocktails are available from any bar and shakes are available from the ice cream bar.
  • You just show your card with the sticker.
  • Club soda is available from the bar guns.
  • Coke products - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite

You can't get coffee after dinner in the dining room?:eek:

You can get coffee after dinner in the MDR I've had it. And in Sabatini's you can get Espresso drinks even decaf if that's a problem. Probably in Crown Grill too but I never tried there.

They serve the complementary coffee from concentrated coffee syrup, not the fresh brewed coffee you purchase from the International Cafe. You can have all of the coffee from syrup that you want in the Dining Rooms.

I am not a coffee drinker, but even I think the concept of "coffee syrup" is just plain wrong! :eek:

What exactly IS coffee syrup? The entire concept is beyond me. :eek:
Princess uses a liquid coffee concentrate which people refer to as "syrup". Liquid coffee concentrate is made by first roasting beans, then extracting the flavor, aroma and body to create a highly concentrated coffee liquid. The process has improved but to most it still doesn't taste like fresh brewed coffee. The product is made by firms such as Maxwell House, Hills/Nestle, Nescafe, Vitality and Douwe Egbert. With the concentrate they don't need to deal with coffee ground waste. There are many places where coffee concentrate is used.

How does the coffee card work? Cost?

Purchase it at the Coffee/Pastry bar on the bottom floor (5???) of the Atrium.

It's essentially a punch card.

Can't recall the exact price but I go through 2 Frappuccinos a day for half the cost of Starbucks.

It includes complimentary fresh ground coffee at anytime for you (and up to 2 friends???). It's the only real deal (IMO) on board.

If you don't use up all the specialty coffees you can carry over any unused portions to another Princess cruise, however, the complimentary fresh ground does not.

have you seen what princess cruises have done to the prices in Australia, they just increased the price of the cruise from Fort lauderdale to Sydney in Jan. 2014 from $AUd 4999 to $AUD 9580 but it is still priced at $US3599 in the US. Is this a form of racial discrimination or what , it is becoming quite obvious that Princess does not want Australians on their ships.

Purchase it at the Coffee/Pastry bar on the bottom floor (5???) of the Atrium.

It's essentially a punch card.

Can't recall the exact price but I go through 2 Frappuccinos a day for half the cost of Starbucks.

It includes complimentary fresh ground coffee at anytime for you (and up to 2 friends???). It's the only real deal (IMO) on board.

If you don't use up all the specialty coffees you can carry over any unused portions to another Princess cruise, however, the complimentary fresh ground does not.

The Coffee Card is $31.00. I bought one and so did my Aunt. I did have a couple of fancy coffees (a punch for each). The brewed coffee was very good. They also have nice pots of tea included just like the brewed coffee. I still have punches left for my next cruise.

We loved having coffee on deck five. Very relaxing.

BTW - I did have the dining room coffee (concentrate) It was ok. I did add some cream. Only had a cup with dessert on most nights.

have you seen what princess cruises have done to the prices in Australia, they just increased the price of the cruise from Fort lauderdale to Sydney in Jan. 2014 from $AUd 4999 to $AUD 9580 but it is still priced at $US3599 in the US. Is this a form of racial discrimination or what , it is becoming quite obvious that Princess does not want Australians on their ships.

That's terrible. Personally I like Aussies.

I am not a coffee drinker, but even I think the concept of "coffee syrup" is just plain wrong! :eek:

I AM a coffee drinker, and this idea just left me speechless...:eek:

I had no idea there was a such thing!

Edited by bitsey66

The Coffee Card is $31.00. I bought one and so did my Aunt. I did have a couple of fancy coffees (a punch for each). The brewed coffee was very good. They also have nice pots of tea included just like the brewed coffee. I still have punches left for my next cruise.

We loved having coffee on deck five. Very relaxing.

BTW - I did have the dining room coffee (concentrate) It was ok. I did add some cream. Only had a cup with dessert on most nights.

Thanks to OperaBob and you for the card info. How many punches on a card? I am doing 15 day cruise, is one card enough?

Thanks to OperaBob and you for the card info. How many punches on a card? I am doing 15 day cruise, is one card enough?

The card cost $31 when preordered & $33.35 ($29+$4.35 tip) onboard & has 15 punches for specialty coffee drinks & unlimited brewed coffee for the duration of your cruise at the International Café (Lobby Bar if no IC). On the Royal punches can be used for ice cream, sundaes, shakes & crepes.

The card cost $31 when preordered & $33.35 ($29+$4.35 tip) onboard & has 15 punches for specialty coffee drinks & unlimited brewed coffee for the duration of your cruise at the International Café (Lobby Bar if no IC). On the Royal punches can be used for ice cream, sundaes, shakes & crepes.

Do they have decaf specialty coffees?

Do they have decaf specialty coffees?

They can make any coffee drink decaf. They brew each drink individually. They also have brewed decaf coffee available all the time. I had decaf lattes all the time. No sugar free syrups though which I do not understand!