Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Thanks for all your good tips, 2 weeks from today and we are on the ship!!!

missed the time and date of the MEET AND GREET. can someone let us know.

We were on this same cruise last year and it was great.

If someone has organized one, the Meet & Greet info is probably in the Roll Call thread for the cruise you will be on.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of purchasing a plate cover and having to pack it, I just get an extra plate from the buffet, etc. and flip it over to cover the food on the plate that I'm going to eat.

With the Kindle App can you read the books that you purchased for you Kindle?

1) You don't need a Kindle to read Kindle editions, as there is a FREE reader app for most (all?) of the phones and tablets

2) Documents can be sent (free) to the Kindle or the Kindle App by emailing them. Useful for deck plans, travel insurance policy - especially the list of phone numbers to call for different kinds of travel assistance.

I also added a document with all of the Port Agents on our itinerary - a little peace of mind and no extra paper to carry!

bling19572010: I believe this is what you meant to quote. You have to use the multi-quote method to get what you were after.

You find the original item (in this case it was way back on page 19) and click on the quote marks multiquote_off.gif on the lower right of the post. Then you find the reply to that post and click on the quote marks there. Then you use the regular "quote" quote.gif button.

In the case of this post I went back to page 19 and marked the original post and then marked the reply to it and then returned to this page and used the regular "quote" button on your post.

bling19572010: I believe this is what you meant to quote. You have to use the multi-quote method to get what you were after.

You find the original item (in this case it was way back on page 19) and click on the quote marks multiquote_off.gif on the lower right of the post. Then you find the reply to that post and click on the quote marks there. Then you use the regular "quote" quote.gif button.

In the case of this post I went back to page 19 and marked the original post and then marked the reply to it and then returned to this page and used the regular "quote" button on your post.

Thank you!

Instead of purchasing a plate cover and having to pack it, I just get an extra plate from the buffet, etc. and flip it over to cover the food on the plate that I'm going to eat.

That is a good idea. I usually ask nicely of one of the staff behind the buffet area to saran wrap the plate or bowl for me, and they always are happy to help. This works great for soups and the like as it retains the heat somewhat as well. I may try your double plate idea for items that are good for this method. This may help hide the cookies so that I don't have to give any up in the elevator! LOL

Happy Cruising!

Mark

That is a good idea. I usually ask nicely of one of the staff behind the buffet area to saran wrap the plate or bowl for me, and they always are happy to help. This works great for soups and the like as it retains the heat somewhat as well. I may try your double plate idea for items that are good for this method. This may help hide the cookies so that I don't have to give any up in the elevator! LOL

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Hiding cookies...great idea!!

The packages were available on the May 20, 2013, sailing of the Grand Princess. On this 10-day voyage, only the 7- or 10- day packages were offered.

BTW, when we checked in for the cruise at Pier 35, there was a table just after the X-ray machines where carry-on bottles were being inspected and cabin numbers recorded (1 750-ml bottle free per adult, 2 750-ml bottles total free per cabin). We did not have more than the limit, so we cannot comment on how bottles above the limit were being handled as far as a corkage fee being paid or the bottles being marked. Our bottles were not marked.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $335 (average of $28 per bottle)

Was this on board only or can you pre-order online?

Was this on board only or can you pre-order online?
Can't pre-order online. There may be a table set up on embarkation day where you can purchase or the waitstaff in the dining venues sell the packages. You can get more expensive bottles than the maximum for your package and just pay the difference in cost. There are a number of wines in the $30-$32 range that we like and we ordered those half of the time with our silver package. The packages are a great deal IMHO :)

Can't pre-order online. There may be a table set up on embarkation day where you can purchase or the waitstaff in the dining venues sell the packages. You can get more expensive bottles than the maximum for your package and just pay the difference in cost. There are a number of wines in the $30-$32 range that we like and we ordered those half of the time with our silver package. The packages are a great deal IMHO :)

Have I understood you correctly that the Wine Package is not usable at Vines?

Have I understood you correctly that the Wine Package is not usable at Vines?

That is correct. You can not buy or use your wine package at Vines. It is for consumption in the DR's or you can take a bottle or part bottle from the DR to your room. It would be nice if you could also use at Vines.

Order Room Service and keep one of the covers from the food delivered to your cabin.

I stored mine in the cabinet where the safe is. Worked out great and no cost.

Order Room Service and keep one of the covers from the food delivered to your cabin.

I stored mine in the cabinet where the safe is. Worked out great and no cost.

Feel free to do the same with one of those trays as they are handy for bringing stuff back from the buffet.

Mike:)

Some people are talkers and some are good listeners. Listeners learn more.:)

So true, though a give and take is a nice balance. I always am amazed at those that talk, talk, talk without ever asking the others a question. They love the sound of their own voice, I suppose:p

Can you explain how you accomplish Item No. 2?

Thanks.

To transfer books downloaded to your kindle,

go to your amazon account,

when your list of downloaded items comes up look to the right each title has a little box ( forget what it says),

open it and you will See the option "deliver to",

pick iPad an off you go...

Easy

Azippy

I have read through this entire thread :D however I am a bit unclear on something. If you purchase a soda sticker:

1. As i understand: You can pre-purchase it? Online? And it will be on your card with refillable mugs in your room waiting.

2. Clarification needed: It is also good for mocktails and MILKSHAKES? (Husband really wants to know about those)! Are they only in specific places?

3. Question: do you have to carry around and use your mug? Or just show your card to get your soda or whatever?

4. Question: is club soda considered soda? Is it available?

5. Brand new Question: what brand of sodas do they carry? Pepsi? Coke? Or generic?

This would be for sailing on the Star Princess Alaska Cruise.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have read through this entire thread :D however I am a bit unclear on something. If you purchase a soda sticker:

1. As i understand: You can pre-purchase it? Online? And it will be on your card with refillable mugs in your room waiting. To my knowledge you can't pre-pay online but you can call them and yes, when you pickup your card at upon embarkation the sticker will be there and the mug will be in the room.

2. Clarification needed: It is also good for mocktails and MILKSHAKES? (Husband really wants to know about those)! Are they only in specific places? It depends on which package you purchase. The mocktails and milkshakes are on the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Here is a link to the Gifts & Services form from Princess that shows the choices. Soda packages are on Page 7 http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

3. Question: do you have to carry around and use your mug? Or just show your card to get your soda or whatever? From my experience, just show your card.

4. Question: is club soda considered soda? Is it available? Not sure on this one, you could ask Princess if you call them to pre-pay.

5. Brand new Question: what brand of sodas do they carry? Pepsi? Coke? Or generic? I'm assuming the whole line carries the same, so it's Coke products.

This would be for sailing on the Star Princess Alaska Cruise.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Sorry, I wish I knew how to quote the entire response :confused:

However, YES!!!!! It helps tremendously :D Thank you so much for the information and quick reply!

Find the original post you want to quote and click the multiquote_off.gif button on the lower right. It will change color. Find the next post down the line that you want to include and do the same. Continue this way for each post you want quoted in your post. On the last one after you have also clicked the multiquote_off.gif button for that post, click on the quote.gif button. You should now have all the posts quoted and can type your reply.

Find the original post you want to quote and click the multiquote_off.gif button on the lower right. It will change color. Find the next post down the line that you want to include and do the same. Continue this way for each post you want quoted in your post. On the last one after you have also clicked the multiquote_off.gif button for that post, click on the quote.gif button. You should now have all the posts quoted and can type your reply.

Sorry, I wish I knew how to quote the entire response :confused:

However, YES!!!!! It helps tremendously :D Thank you so much for the information and quick reply!

Thanks! :)

Can anyone answer. If you purchase a coffee card where can it be used for premium coffee - can you receive better coffee at dinner? On the star. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I purchased the coffee card during my September 1st Golden cruise. I asked just that. I was told that the assistant server would have to go all of the way to the International Café to get it. Since I was in the far forward dining room, there was no way.

I guess if you are in the dining room on the 5th deck, it might be possible.