Legend heading to Australia

The Legend is obviously one of the 2 current Europe ships, if shes going off to Aus and the Sunshine is heading back state side I do hope we have a Carnival ship still here!

I quite fancied the current journey its doing as we speak next year (Med cruise with Croatia etc).

The Legend is obviously one of the 2 current Europe ships, if shes going off to Aus and the Sunshine is heading back state side I do hope we have a Carnival ship still here!

I quite fancied the current journey its doing as we speak next year (Med cruise with Croatia etc).

John has said there will be a ship in Europe next year.

But it is still possible for the Legend to be doing Europe next year because she is only going to be in Australia during the winter.

Last year on the Spirit, it came from Alaska, then Hawaii, then to Australia.

If it does come through the canal, I bet there would be a Hawaii sailing, and then Australia.

I boarded the Spirit in Seattle last year, and 35 days was a bit to much for me. I'm looking at just doing the Australia leg this time and spending more time in Australia.

Several people on the Spirit, said they would go again if another shipped was moved. Looking forward to the reunion.

Debbie, are you up for a re-union cruise no matter what the itinerary is? If the Legend goes to the Mediterrean for the summer, it might go to Australia via the Suez Canal. So looking forward to it, no matter the itinerary.

Debbie, are you up for a re-union cruise no matter what the itinerary is? If the Legend goes to the Mediterrean for the summer, it might go to Australia via the Suez Canal. So looking forward to it, no matter the itinerary.

Yes Mary, I would be up for that...at least I can still use my remaining deposit from my canceled SA cruises. A chance to cruise the Med.

Better start saving up those airmiles!!!

I should be ready to cruise again, since it will be 2 years.

Yes Mary, I would be up for that...at least I can still use my remaining deposit from my canceled SA cruises. A chance to cruise the Med.

Better start saving up those airmiles!!!

I should be ready to cruise again, since it will be 2 years.

Haha, you knew those deposits would come in handy.....and just in time too.:D

It is interesting that Carnival Australia seems to be a little more forthcoming then its North American sibling.

From their FB page:

"Hi everyone, we’re so glad you’re excited about Carnival Legend. We can’t wait! We just wanted to share some answers we have to questions that have been asked:

1. We will open for bookings in June

2. Itineraries will be shared on May 28th

3. Over the next few months, we will be unveiling some upgrades to Legend to make sure she's right for us...all based on the learnings from Spirit's first year in Down Under

That’s all we have now, so make sure to stay tuned to this page for the most up to date information!"

Where is US Carnival's announcement?

There is none. The girls on the Carnival FB page acknowledge it though. Mr. Heald keeps calling it the worlds worse secret, but he won't confirm anything. It's odd if you ask me, why he won't just confirm it, since everyone else is.

This makes me so sad because we love the Legend in the greater Tampa Bay area. We have sailed on her twice and are planning a big family cruise next March on the Legend. Hopefully, Carnival will not want to lose this market and will give us a nice surprise. Again the problem of the bridge will hinder a larger ship moving in to Tampa. Guess we will be going to Miami more frequently. :eek::eek::eek: We have cruised on the Dream 2 times recently but would like to continue to sail the Legend every year. Will watch as this change takes place.

Losing another SPirit class down under sucks

Since it is suppose to winter in the Northern Hemisphere maybe it will be relieving the Miracle

• 1 month later...
Does anyone remember what the Spirit's itineraries were when she left? I'm guessing a PC transit to Long Beach, a route to Hawaii, then a long cruise through the South Pacific to Australia.

Cruise 1: Vancouver to Honolulu

Cruise 2: Honolulu to Sydney

Does anyone remember what the Spirit's itineraries were when she left? I'm guessing a PC transit to Long Beach, a route to Hawaii, then a long cruise through the South Pacific to Australia.

It can not sail from one American city to another American city without a stop in a distant foreign port per the PVSA act..So no trip from California to Hawaii is possible...Dennis

• 1 year later...