Half price deposits

romandog

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity does this and how often they do this? I usually always book my cruises with the half price deposit offer. We are looking at booking our first cruise on Celebrity. We have done 3 Ncl and have one booked for 2014 on the Epic, one Carnival, never again, 1 Princess, and two RCL. The half price deposit works best for us. Thanks for your help.

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity does this and how often they do this? I usually always book my cruises with the half price deposit offer. We are looking at booking our first cruise on Celebrity. We have done 3 Ncl and have one booked for 2014 on the Epic, one Carnival, never again, 1 Princess, and two RCL. The half price deposit works best for us. Thanks for your help.

It's usually $450pp deposit (more for suites) unless you have an Open Passage or book a cruise while on a cruise, then only $100pp.

Not saying there aren't any 1/2 price deposits, but I've not personally noticed any.

When I book cruises through Celebrity directly, I just book for one passenger. The deposit then, is only half of what it would be for the two of us. I add my husband to the reservation at final payment time. They have always assured me that his fare will be the same as mine at time of original booking. This has always held true and this way of making a Ressie with "half-price" deposit works for us.

When I book cruises through Celebrity directly, I just book for one passenger. The deposit then, is only half of what it would be for the two of us. I add my husband to the reservation at final payment time. They have always assured me that his fare will be the same as mine at time of original booking. This has always held true and this way of making a Ressie with "half-price" deposit works for us.

Very clever. Did you notice if the fare at the time that you added your husband was higher or lower when you added him? How many times have you successful used this approach? It is a good idea, but I am just a little concerned that they will give us the same fare.

Thank you.

I have done this for our last 3 reservations with Celebrity. The TA has been aware from the start that I would be adding my husband later and assured me each time that his cruisefare would match mine whenever we chose to add him. And that has been the case.

Now, for our next cruise booked for Feb/14, I originally had a single booking but when the 123 Promotion came out, I had to add DH to the reservation and pay the extra deposit in order to be able to have the free Beverage Pkg for BOTH of us. ( Didn't have to think too long about that one! )

This is good information.... I would think the price when you add the 2nd passenger would be the same. I think the single rate is double the cruise fare for one. Adding another person should not change the cost of the stateroom.

Booked in December 2012 with half-price deposit. When 123 came out I changed booking and to get the promotion I lost the 1/2 price and had to pay the other 1/2. Well worth it for the free drink package though.

I have done this for our last 3 reservations with Celebrity. The TA has been aware from the start that I would be adding my husband later and assured me each time that his cruisefare would match mine whenever we chose to add him. And that has been the case.

Now, for our next cruise booked for Feb/14, I originally had a single booking but when the 123 Promotion came out, I had to add DH to the reservation and pay the extra deposit in order to be able to have the free Beverage Pkg for BOTH of us. ( Didn't have to think too long about that one! )

Thank you.

This is good information.... I would think the price when you add the 2nd passenger would be the same. I think the single rate is double the cruise fare for one. Adding another person should not change the cost of the stateroom.

I thought just the opposite. I would have thought that the second person being added later would have to pay the current going rate. But the logic does make sense since the single supplement is double. It is like a second person cruises free, so it does make sense to charge the initial rate. Of course if enough people used this "trick" Celebrity might catch on and change their policy.

We paid the reduced deposits onboard a couple times but when I transferred to a travel agency I had to pay the full deposit to be included in their group pricing. It just makes for less to pay at final payment.

Archived