It's a SUNSHINE Day

MrPete

Based on the previous reviews of this site it sounds like they have a biased opinion against Carnival.

Did you even read the review? They LIKED the ship. The ship just wasn't finished.

Like the article. I think it was balanced outlining the pros n cons. The big question now is, will the Triumph passengers be experiencing similar issues on its first voyage out of dry dock?

I thought that this was a very balanced review, and reinforced most of what I had read on other threads. If I had been on this cruise, I probably would have been OK with the OBC for the venues that were not usable, but I would have not been happy if I had issues with my cabins that lasted beyond the first night. I say probably because I was not there, but JMHO.

As others have said, it's an entirely balanced review and once the issues are sorted I'm looking forward to sailing on her in August. Glad I'm aft on deck 5 and not above the liquid lounge though and also glad I'm not sailing on her this week either. ;)

I think that article is fair enough. What happened in the first voyage was unacceptable for a lot of people and rightly so.

I'm taking the positives from it though, many of the issues will be resolved by the time we sail and the issue of overcrowding which many touted on here doesn't appear to have materialised.

It's not like they pulled panels from the ceiling, dressed some people up as workers and made them pretend they were finishing up hallways. :rolleyes:

Are you sure about this??? lol Just kidding, just wanted to beat someone else from saying that.

Thanks for posting!! I like how it was a fair and balanced review which are always nice to read. I especially liked how they talked about both the good and bad things which many reviews only focus on one or the other.

Probably about as honest of a review of the Sunshine one will see here. Also...Even though the ship SHOULD have been good to go with the first saiing, I'm sure they will clear a lot of the problems up...

Last I read they are not a non profit corporation so guess I would of done the same thing. Either way you are going to get some bad press so better to lose thousands then millions?

All the problems on the Sunshine should be fixed given time but, for a service provider to risk its brand reputation opening the 'shop' before it's finished is inexcusable. Can you imagine McD's opening a new restaurant with leaky pipes, iffy toilets and no children's play area? Or GM shipping a new car model with no working air conditioning or locks. All I can say is WOW! In business your clients are your lifeline, not your guinea pigs.

Carnival has built a great brand over the last few decades, with a very, very loyal clientele (from what I've seen on CC) but boy, these guys and gals (i.e. Senior Management) have been playing with fire recently.

All the problems on the Sunshine should be fixed given time but, for a service provider to risk its brand reputation opening the 'shop' before it's finished is inexcusable. Can you imagine McD's opening a new restaurant with leaky pipes, iffy toilets and no children's play area? Or GM shipping a new car model with no working air conditioning or locks. All I can say is WOW! In business your clients are your lifeline, not your guinea pigs.

Carnival has built a great brand over the last few decades, with a very, very loyal clientele (from what I've seen on CC) but boy, these guys and gals (i.e. Senior Management) have been playing with fire recently.

Not that Im excusing Carnival, but I remember a RCL dry dock where they decided to move all the drink stations on a ship I was going to be on. They didnt get them moved and hooked up by the next sailing.

Buffet didnt get open in time. Luckily I was on the 2nd sailing after dry dock and it didnt really affect me so much .. but it's something that people will tell you, dont sail right after a big dry dock. Unfortunately, since the early cruises were cancelled, those who wound up on the first sailing didnt pick to be the first sailing, so you cant say they might have known better.

Im just saying its happened to other lines, that stuff wasnt completed by the end of dry dock.

Amen ;)

Thanks for posting!! I like how it was a fair and balanced review which are always nice to read. I especially liked how they talked about both the good and bad things which many reviews only focus on one or the other.

We were supposed to take the second Sunshine cruise. Obviously, they were more than not ready. Still waiting on a refund for airfare, then I may re-book for the August 30th cruise.

Although a press junket to show off the renovated Sunshine is just around the corner

And you can bet that by then, everything will be 100%. Note to self: wait until the press are offered cabins after dry dock before booking!

But when we board a ship—whether it’s a brand new vessel or one well past its prime—there are certain basic functions we expect to receive in our cabin, and heavily promoted amenities should be available. Instead, our experience aboard Carnival Sunshine seemed indicative of a parent company that suffers from poor planning, is inept at public relations, and has been cutting corners, presumably in the interest of the bottom line.

http://www.vacationcruisesinfo.com/Features/Carnival-Sunshine-Sets-Sail-But-Maybe-it-Wasnt-Such-a-Good-Idea.htm

That's the point, Carnival didn't use the 7 P's.

They dropped the ball and the fare paying passengers paid the price.

ps, I thought it was a balanced and well written review.

This article sums up exactly what was wrong with the ship during our Sunshine cruise of 5/5/2013. Anyone commenting on or doubting the "negative attitude" of the cruisers aboard should really read this! Pictures are included as evidence too!

That's why you don't want to do a cruise from any ship from drydock,rebuild until at lease the 3rd sailing. Most of the bugs will have been fixed. And you will enjoy a better vacation.

This was SUPPOSED to be the third sailing! The previous 2 were cancelled!

Archived