Cigars on the Allure

Does the Allure have a Cigar Bar or Smoking Room? When last on the Oasis, there was a deck over the Solarium that had a humidor, bar and restrooms. A perfect place to spend a few hours a day with a good cigar. Smoking on this high deck was great because we were up there alone and the smoke bothered no one.

Having been on Freedom and several Voyager class ships I can't say enough about their Cigar Lounge. What I can't understand is why RCCL built the two biggest ships in the world and didn't put in a dedicated cigar lounge! I guess they didn't want to upset the soccer moms! I'm sailing on Allure in September and expect to spend a lot of time in the cigar "area". Anyone care to join me?

Elvis

Hope you have a better experience in the "cigar area" than mine. I found it very windy & uncomfortable up there, and difficult to carry on a conversation. Bar service was inconsistent and closed before midnight. Nothing like the cigar lounges on Voyager/Freedom class.

Having been on Freedom and several Voyager class ships I can't say enough about their Cigar Lounge. What I can't understand is why RCCL built the two biggest ships in the world and didn't put in a dedicated cigar lounge! I guess they didn't want to upset the soccer moms! I'm sailing on Allure in September and expect to spend a lot of time in the cigar "area". Anyone care to join me?

Elvis

We are sailing the Allure June 2. Several of the guys in our group are cigar smokers and we WILL find a "Cigar Place". I'll let you know what we come up with for your September cruise!

We are sailing the Allure June 2. Several of the guys in our group are cigar smokers and we WILL find a "Cigar Place". I'll let you know what we come up with for your September cruise!

Would you please do me a favor?

Would you see if they sell Dunhill blue cigarettes on the ship?

Thx teddy

Elvis

This is pure speculation on my part, but it may be for fire/insurance reasons. Unlike cigarettes, a cigar ash will burn for a long time. Fire is the #1 concern on any vessel.

When I was on Oasis, it was so windy every night, that it was nearly impossible to smoke a cigar, let alone enjoy one. One night it was so bad that the furniture was blowing over the railing and onto the deck below. Hope you have better luck than I did.

I was on Oasis last year and yes, it is outdoors up above the the pools where the gold card holders hang out during the day. It was somewhat windy but OK in my book.

Sorry on what they had to sell, I brought my own,

My bartender was GREAT. Said they have the same setup on Allure. If you are worried about the type of cigar you want, would just grab a travel humidor and carry your own.

Again, The bartender was great and I was able to stay to 1 AM twice. they close based on business.

I was on Oasis last year and yes, it is outdoors up above the the pools where the gold card holders hang out during the day. It was somewhat windy but OK in my book.

Sorry on what they had to sell, I brought my own,

My bartender was GREAT. Said they have the same setup on Allure. If you are worried about the type of cigar you want, would just grab a travel humidor and carry your own.

Again, The bartender was great and I was able to stay to 1 AM twice. they close based on business.

We lived on that deck part of the afternoon and on several evenings on the Oasis. The area was for Gold card holders only, but we went up there anyway and the bartender was so glad to see us! He said he was lonely up there by himself. We brought our own cigars but the bartender was magnificent! Sure it was windy, but there was an alcove with big padded seats that was perfect.

The first thing we will look for on June 2nd, on the Allure will be our cigar place!

Does the Allure have a Cigar Bar or Smoking Room? When last on the Oasis, there was a deck over the Solarium that had a humidor, bar and restrooms. A perfect place to spend a few hours a day with a good cigar. Smoking on this high deck was great because we were up there alone and the smoke bothered no one.

It is in that same place on Allure with a but...but it is only an area that can be used at night. During the day it is an area reserved for gold card carrying guests.:rolleyes: The daily compass will give you the time that it is available and if I remember correctly it is after 8pm i believe. It is a nice place to smoke a cigar after dinner. There will still be a sign that says suite guests only that you will just have to ignore.

They wouldn't let us up there early on the Allure so we just smoked them in the port side smoking area on the pool deck. Keep your eye on the Compass for a cigar night on the second level of the Solarium. It was posted for a one night event but we never made it there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yes the Allure has a top deck for that, I never went up there I just saw the sign I did take a picture of it but I havent uploaded any pics yet maybe this weekend

Hobiecat, we are on the ship with you and my buddy Steve and I are cigar smokers as well. I'm sure we'll see you up there for our evening smokes.

Adam185, you can count on seeing at least two or three of our party up there in the evening. See ya up there.

They wouldn't let us up there early on the Allure so we just smoked them in the port side smoking area on the pool deck. Keep your eye on the Compass for a cigar night on the second level of the Solarium. It was posted for a one night event but we never made it there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip on Cigar Night. I'll watch for it!

Our group will board the Allure with our own stash of cigars, Perdomos, Nubs and my favorite Flor las del Anntilles. We will of course dabble with a few Cubans in Cozumel and enjoy some on the last sea day as well. :D

Anyone had a problem with bring a torch lighter aboard a plane or the ship? I notice TSA regs mention that torch lighters are prohibited... Say it ain't so...:eek:

Anyone had a problem with bring a torch lighter aboard a plane or the ship? I notice TSA regs mention that torch lighters are prohibited... Say it ain't so...:eek:

They are. Personally I bring matches to avoid this. They aren't as effective if you are outside and it's windy. I'd suggest you buy a cheap lighter in Cuzumel...you might even get one for free with your Cubans.

They are. Personally I bring matches to avoid this. They aren't as effective if you are outside and it's windy. I'd suggest you buy a cheap lighter in Cuzumel...you might even get one for free with your Cubans.

Oh well... Matches it is...:(

Thanks for the heads up. Leaving the Colibri at home then.

Archived