Cigars on the Allure

Hobiecat,

We are driving so I'll have my lighter with me. You're welcome to use it any time we are up on deck.

Adam

Thanks! Just look for the guys up there with no light.:(.

...or we do have a couple driving, I could stow it with them... Hmmm.

Either way we'll see ya up there (Gold or not...)

Adam185, just realized you are over in Duluth. We are in Canton and are headed your way Saturday to pickup a shipment of live crawfish from Boudreaux's for a crawfish/shrimp boil that evening. Most of our cruising group will be there suckin' heads, smoking cigars and telling tall tails. Getting ready for the cruise!

Having been on Freedom and several Voyager class ships I can't say enough about their Cigar Lounge. What I can't understand is why RCCL built the two biggest ships in the world and didn't put in a dedicated cigar lounge! I guess they didn't want to upset the soccer moms! I'm sailing on Allure in September and expect to spend a lot of time in the cigar "area". Anyone care to join me?

Elvis

would love to. enjoy a good cigar.

Having been on Freedom and several Voyager class ships I can't say enough about their Cigar Lounge. What I can't understand is why RCCL built the two biggest ships in the world and didn't put in a dedicated cigar lounge! I guess they didn't want to upset the soccer moms! I'm sailing on Allure in September and expect to spend a lot of time in the cigar "area". Anyone care to join me?

Elvis

I agree 100%. Mindboggling that they couldn't fit even a smaller connoisseur's lounge on the Oasis class.

Three quick questions on a related topic.

1 Where is the reputable cigar store in cozumel?

2. If you purchase a box of cuban's, will they let them on the ship? Once I get back to Fort Lauderdale, can I just put them in my suitcase and bring them home, yes, I know about the embargo rules, but are the enforced?

3. What would be a "good Cuban" to get, Cohiba,etc.?

2. If you purchase a box of cuban's, will they let them on the ship? Once I get back to Fort Lauderdale, can I just put them in my suitcase and bring them home, yes, I know about the embargo rules, but are the enforced?

I don't know about your other questions, but the ship will let you bring any kind of cigars on board.

There's a La Casa Del Habano at the corner of Melgar and Juarez on the second floor of a restaurant. I would only buy Cubans from them. Any where else are probably fakes. Looking at the restaurant pictured, you walk up Juarez and you'll see the stairs toward the back past the umbrellas. The entrance is at the top of the stairs. If the door is locked and Michael isn't there, just ask one of the restaurant waiters for help. As for selection, tell Michael what you like and he'll match you're taste with a Cuban.

Z4HccOyI6Bvz5i3nbVgOX7BLsQpm-t4M8g64Qz0W3tY=w263-h207-p-no

There's a La Casa Del Habano at the corner of Melgar and Juarez on the second floor of a restaurant. I would only buy Cubans from them. Any where else are probably fakes. Looking at the restaurant pictured, you walk up Juarez and you'll see the stairs toward the back past the umbrellas. The entrance is at the top of the stairs. If the door is locked and Michael isn't there, just ask one of the restaurant waiters for help. As for selection, tell Michael what you like and he'll match you're taste with a Cuban.

thank you

Almost forgot, I think that section of Avenue Juarez is walking only if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depending on which port you dock at, you may want to save some shoe leather by taking cab into town. FWIW, we have walked and it's perhaps an hour. It can be a little hot in the sun though if you are not used to it, and I was not. None the less, I enjoyed it, and got to see some sights along the way.

Depending on which port you dock at, you may want to save some shoe leather by taking cab into town. FWIW, we have walked and it's perhaps an hour. It can be a little hot in the sun though if you are not used to it, and I was not. None the less, I enjoyed it, and got to see some sights along the way.

Good point. On my first cruise ever, we thought it would be a good idea to walk back to the ship so I rolled in my wheelchair back from the forum shops in Cozumel to the International Pier in June. I thought I was gonna die! :eek:

That was back when I was still a pack a day cigarette smoker and terribly out of shape too! I quit smoking in 2009 but still LOVE a good cigar or two while cruising!

Good point. On my first cruise ever, we thought it would be a good idea to walk back to the ship so I rolled in my wheelchair back from the forum shops in Cozumel to the International Pier in June. I thought I was gonna die! :eek:

That was back when I was still a pack a day cigarette smoker and terribly out of shape too! I quit smoking in 2009 but still LOVE a good cigar or two while cruising!

Once we thought we'd burn off some margaritas and started walking back. Obviously the tequila clouded our judgement and just about half way we flagged down a cab. One thing about Cozumel, there's no shortage of taxis.

Archived