Lunch at Giovanni's embarkation day

Hi. We have lunch reservations for the 9 of us at Giovanni's at 12:30 on embarkation day. This was the latest time available. What are the chances that we will get there in time? It is going to cost us if we don't, as they charge for no-shows. We plan to get to the cruise terminal as soon as humanly possible, which I assume is 11:00 am? Am I correct? Any advice? Is it realistic to have this reservation?

Thanks!

Jen

Hi. We have lunch reservations for the 9 of us at Giovanni's at 12:30 on embarkation day. This was the latest time available. What are the chances that we will get there in time? It is going to cost us if we don't, as they charge for no-shows. We plan to get to the cruise terminal as soon as humanly possible, which I assume is 11:00 am? Am I correct? Any advice? Is it realistic to have this reservation?

Thanks!

Jen

If you're talking about Oasis or Allure, you should be onboard by 11:30am, barring any delays disembarking the previous cruise.

Hi, just a side note, we did back to back on the Allure, the people doing back to back were given a free lunch in Giovani's but the menu is different for them, make sure they know you have a paid for reservation so you get the full menu :)

enjoy your cruise :D

Hi, just a side note, we did back to back on the Allure, the people doing back to back were given a free lunch in Giovani's but the menu is different for them, make sure they know you have a paid for reservation so you get the full menu :)

enjoy your cruise :D

Yes, my parents are on the first leg of their Allure B2B and just received that invitation. Hopefully the scaled down menu isn't too underwhelming!

An amazing lunch! Next time I'm going to do it embarkation day instead of the last sea day so I have more room:) That's a lot of delicious food!

I've been trying to convince the family to enjoy a Giovanni's lunch on boarding day too. I loathe the WJ, and DH isn't really a fan of the Park Cafe. Can someone please link me to a current menu?

I've been trying to convince the family to enjoy a Giovanni's lunch on boarding day too. I loathe the WJ, and DH isn't really a fan of the Park Cafe. Can someone please link me to a current menu?

I believe the first part is lunch and the second part is dinner:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

:) You'll be so happy you booked Giovanni's for lunch on your embarkation day!

You'll have ample time without rushing to make it! We were amazed at how quickly they got everyone on the ship!

LuLu

~~~~

I just reserved Giovanni's Table for embarkation day. Then I called to customer service asking how can I make it in time as my Set Sail pass says that Check-in Range is until 3:45 PM. They recommended to cancel or choose another day for reservation, as:

1. Check in starts at 12:30 and it's first come first serve, no guarantees how quickly you get through.

2. You must be club member to get your check-in expedited, no exceptions even if you have restaurant reservations.

So no Giovanni for me on embarkation day :(((

My set sail pass set check in from 2:30pm on embarkation day. We arrived at Port Evergaldes at 10:50am and were through check in within 10 minutes. In the embarkation lounge they seat people according to their Crown and Anchor level - we are Gold. Boarding began at 11:15am. We were on board at 11:30am (we were the last group of Gold level to board before the people that were not Crown and Anchor began to board). We had an hour to walk around and then went to Giovanni's for lunch at 12:30pm. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend it. By the time we had finished our lunch the cabin was ready. We dropped off our bags and went exploring. The Windjammer buffet restaurant can get very very busy on embarkation day. I would definitely book Giovanni's.

Previously, we cruised on Oasis and were on board by 11:40am. At that time we were not members of Crown and Anchor. Terminal 18 at Port Everglades has been purpose built for Oasis and Allure and is fantastic at dealing with all the passengers. Everyone is so efficient.

Is it possible to just get to ship early and reserve table at Information Desk or Reception instead of doing reservation online? I still would like to go Giovanni's Table, but don't want to push the time too late with online reservation that imposes a slight risk of being late.

Is it possible to just get to ship early and reserve table at Information Desk or Reception instead of doing reservation online? I still would like to go Giovanni's Table, but don't want to push the time too late with online reservation that imposes a slight risk of being late.

I think so. I was eating across at Park Cafe. Giovanni's had many empty seats.

The manager and another guy were running around and offering sangria for a fee and speciality meal packages.So, I can't see that they had many customers eating inside.

I have always been on the ship by 11:30 at the latest. I arrive at the port between 10:30-10:45.

Archived