My Cuba Cruise

Balloon Man

EmmasNana, that last statement is interesting. I did not know that the fares were not uniform regardless of nationality. In our case (Canadian) we have to convert the one stated US dollar price into our own currency and pay the additional 30-35% resulting amount.

To your original question and for the record, the SB balcony is larger in that it is comprised of the original pie shaped balcony plus the new addition, resulting in about a third larger in size.

We were in 7000 and yes, we were below the stage. On the occasion of "early to bed, etc." we did hear music (especially the drums) but nothing that could have deprived me of sleep. Of course the location of the room doesn't matter if you are attending the shows.

The size of the SB is smaller when we compared it to our previous SI. But it is comparable to the size and function of a Bachelor Apartment minus the kitchen, of course.

Edited by ONT-CA

All I know is that when I check that I an a US citizen price for a SB is $4956 and when I do not check it price is $3905.

Does that have to do with the person to person programs? Permits and excursions included?

Does that have to do with the person to person programs? Permits and excursions included?

I don't know because everything is lumped in together. It is still cheaper than going on one of the other lines 4 or 5 day sailings that only go to Havana and does not include drinks and excursions, at least the JS I booked.

Edited by EmmasNana

• 1 month later...

So someone mentioned the stayed at Doctor's Cave Beach Hotel which is where we will stay one night. How did you get to the ship? Was it taxi and if so how did you get the taxi? Did the front desk call one for you or is there a taxi stand in the area? Leaving in 3 weeks. Also transportation to the airport on debarkation day? Thank you!

If by "permits" you mean the tourist card (visa) required by the Cuban government, it is sold for between U$50 and $100 (depending on where you get it and from whom), but no more than that. That is the only document you have to pay for in order to travel to Cuba.

There are no paid requirements from the US government for the OFAC criteria, of which "person to person" is one.

So about $900 for "other" items.

• 2 weeks later...
When flying out of Jamaica do you go through USDA with your luggage like you do when flying out of San Juan?

Maybe when you arrive in the USA the dogs will be waiting for your flight :halo: